25th "Milestone" Cruise

evandbob

This is the number I used for the dedicated Milestone Desk, it has been several years since I used it, hopefully it still works and may answer a lot of questions. If it's not correct I guess you could call the 800 number and asked to be transferred. It really is a nice "perk", thank you Carnival!

That is the number on my milestone letter. I just called to verify the 18 month question. She said she has no idea why that is on the letter because they do not expire.

I am pretty sure it can't be used for Hawaii and 12 and 14 day cruises, think the TA would be the same but I don't know that (but as I write this I am questioning myself). I am sure others will jump in and correct me if I am incorrect.

We used one of ours on our 15 day Hawaii cruise.

I remember now, it is not the length of the cruise, but the type of cabin that has restrictions.....my bad. Sorry:o

We did come accross one diamond restriction for the cruise to Hawaii.

We turned diamond on the cruise and used one perk to go from o/v to balcony but we were restricted to the balcony we could get. Got an extended one but we could not get an aft balcony.

We did come accross one diamond restriction for the cruise to Hawaii.

We turned diamond on the cruise and used one perk to go from o/v to balcony but we were restricted to the balcony we could get. Got an extended one but we could not get an aft balcony.

Congrats on the Diamond status, welcome to the club!

What types of cabins are restricted?

I think it ends with an balocny level. I know we used one of ours on a 9C aft wrap but I think (and again I will be corrected if I mis-speak) you could not do an Ocean Suite or higher.

Can anyone clarify for sure if ON the 25th cruise you can get the OBC applied to THAT cruise?

My next cruise will be my 25th and my wife's 24th.. but its just a 4 day cruise and I don't wish to waste the 25% on that. But then the next cruise (which would be in the 18 month timeframe everyone is talking about) would be her 25th.. So if her credit is active for her 25th then we BOTH could use it and get the full 25% OBC.

Not a huge deal if it doesn't work out that way.. because then we get 25% of one fare on 2 different cruise.. but having them usable on the same one would be nice.

Just booked my 25th cruise and I was told I could save it for a more expensive trip.

You can use it on #25 but you don't have to.

I have #25 booked for 4/30/16. It was originally the last sailing showing for Fantasy out of Charleston. After I booked, they announced the ship change. Pretty sure I won't use my Milestone for Ecstasy sailing to the Bahamas (especially since I booked a 1A).

I have a great PVP and have already asked him to watch for a canal sailing any time after #24 (11/28/15 Sunshine Journeys). I'm sure he would answer all these questions but I bug him so often with so many other things, I'll just postpone my serious interrogation until I'm ready.

I doubt I'd do anything really nice (like an aft wrap) since I will probably be solo. While the OBC will be nice, I don't want to bankrupt myself just to get it.

I'd be perfectly happy with a regular balcony through the canal! And I'd be perfectly happy to do another Hawaii cruise. :D

We have really enjoyed the two diamond cocktail parties we went to. The other one was tea on the bridge with the capt and that was nice but did prefer the cocktail party

We did one that was a recognition event that was held in the piano bar which ended up like a cocktail party and our second was going to be a cocktail party also (actually was) but we could not go as it was the same time as our group cocktail party that we were hosting.

What an awesome benefit! Almost afraid to say it. We just used both our 50th, for Alaska. Nice OBC. DH bought a pretty nice watch onboard, even after it paid for most of our excursions and gratuities. Now, he has his 75th to book.

The best part: We've been told by Diamond Desk that the 100th is good for a free cruise of 8 nights in an Ocean Suite, for TWO. Do have to pay taxes, port fees and grats, of course. But, we both get one!

So... Vista in 2017 from Miami has 8 night voyages. Hmmm :)

What an awesome benefit! Almost afraid to say it. We just used both our 50th, for Alaska. Nice OBC. DH bought a pretty nice watch onboard, even after it paid for most of our excursions and gratuities. Now, he has his 75th to book.

The best part: We've been told by Diamond Desk that the 100th is good for a free cruise of 8 nights in an Ocean Suite, for TWO. Do have to pay taxes, port fees and grats, of course. But, we both get one!

So... Vista in 2017 from Miami has 8 night voyages. Hmmm :)

That would be a great way to do a free cruise:)

There is no restriction on the type of cabin that the OBC can be used for. We used both of ours on a 12 night Med cruise in an ocean suite. The OBC is non-refundable. You can use the slot machine method to cash out if you're not going to use all of it. We did that.

We used ours on our 25th cruise. We just called Carnival after our 24th and everything worked fine. The reason they wait until just a couple of days prior to sailing is to make sure that your price is not going to change, especially with Early Saver. We got a lot of price drops for that cruise too.

I only got an emailed invoice too. No letter. No explanation nor details. The invoice was for a penny with nothing else showing except Milestone 25. My PVP told me it could be used on my choice of cruise 26 through 49 with no time limit to use it.

I am sorry to disagree, but your pvp is wrong. You have 18 months to book. I am not sure what letter said about when you have to cruise. It may have been 18 months also. Don't have my letter anymore but remember asking specifically with more than one person, about the letter i received and time restrictions. I am sure you really like your pvp and they have probably been wonderful for you. But from experience, pvps do not always know everything they need to know. I would not take that chance. There are time restrictions, and she needs to learn what they are. I don't mean that in mean way... I just know that a pvp that i have used, didn't know a lot, that i knew, until i told her. And then she said she looked into it and thanked me, so she could inform other cruisers that booked with her. I would hate for you to lose your credit that you really should get because of being misinformed...:)

I am sorry to disagree, but your pvp is wrong. You have 18 months to book. I am not sure what letter said about when you have to cruise. It may have been 18 months also. Don't have my letter anymore but remember asking specifically with more than one person, about the letter i received and time restrictions. I am sure you really like your pvp and they have probably been wonderful for you. But from experience, pvps do not always know everything they need to know. I would not take that chance. There are time restrictions, and she needs to learn what they are. I don't mean that in mean way... I just know that a pvp that i have used, didn't know a lot, that i knew, until i told her. And then she said she looked into it and thanked me, so she could inform other cruisers that booked with her. I would hate for you to lose your credit that you really should get because of being misinformed...:)

Well my pvp checked with her supervisor and they say it doesnt have time restriction. Will book something in next few months but pvp has never steered me wrong before.

Well my pvp checked with her supervisor and they say it doesnt have time restriction. Will book something in next few months but pvp has never steered me wrong before.

I have been told the same thing by my PVP.

There is also a written 18 month restriction on the Diamond one time perks for free upgrade and steakhouse. I have been told by both the Diamond desk and my PVP, that the 18 months limit is also not enforced as it is only a one time perk so they do not enforce the 18 month restriction.

They encourage you to book within 12 months and sail within 18 months but there are leeways.

I called the Milestone desk yesterday and she assured me that there is no time frame. I told her the "letter" stated that it must be used in 18 months she said "I don't know why they do that". We are going to use ours in Jan. Pvp's,Milestone Desk etc. tell you no time frame but it is in writing that it must be used.i'm not comfortable with that!