BOGO Sales

We are watching two cruises in 2016. With the 30/30 the May cruise went up $700 and the exact same cruise in Nov went up $25.

On the 30th we are considering placing a courtesy hold on the Nov cruise and waiting to see what happens. Not sure if they will honor the price from the 30th with a hold if they are cheaper or if the current rates at time of actually booking prevail.

Good idea- Yes they will honor your hold price

For SOLO cruisers like me, BOGO works well, I booked a lot of cruises with RCCL during that sale period, including quite a number that I have already taken solo. And when BOGO promo ended and replaced by the 30 sale, all inside rates of the 6 remaining future cruises I booked during the BOGO, but haven't taken yet, have increased.

Comparing the overall price change from BOGO for all cabin types with this month's sale of 30% for Balconies but only 10% for insides, the insides increased a lot while the Balcony slightly went down.

And if you a solo cruiser, to tend to book insides more than Balcony as your cruise fare typically doubles.

So far I haven't booked any insides yet for this month sale, only 1 balcony, as insides became more expensive and there are some sailings where balconies became even cheaper than insides due to the 30% off plus my C&A balcony discount.

Edited by roquejo

Next one will be July 1st thru August 16th...

and if you book a holiday sailing(Dec 15th-31st) for 2015/16..........tips will be included for 1st and 2nd person..

But I'm sure they'll conveniently raise the prices one minute before the sale starts by roughly the same amount as the gratuities and the half-off that they're passing off as a free gift.

But I'm sure they'll conveniently raise the prices one minute before the sale starts by roughly the same amount as the gratuities and the half-off that they're passing off as a free gift.

Oh, I'm sure..just like all those who think they are getting free perks, like OBC or beverage packages included..you are paying for that...there are usually different price codes...one with the perk,one without...the one with is way more and the cost of that perk is built in.

Just for the record, we booked during the BOGOHO (two D1 rooms, three people each). To book the same rooms now would be an additional $1200.

We had two rooms on Freedom last year (upgraded to D1's during a price drop). The cost this year (sailing isn't until 2016) for a room for three is only $173 more.

2013 sailing was the end of June, 2016 sailing is 2nd week of July, so not much difference.

Us too. We booked in Dec 2014 for April 2016 cruise for our family of 4. It would cost us $1500 more if we booked the same cruise today.

Apparently prices were even better when first released in May 2014.

For SOLO cruisers like me, BOGO works well, I booked a lot of cruises with RCCL during that sale period, including quite a number that I have already taken solo. And when BOGO promo ended and replaced by the 30 sale, all inside rates of the 6 remaining future cruises I booked during the BOGO, but haven't taken yet, have increased.

Comparing the overall price change from BOGO for all cabin types with this month's sale of 30% for Balconies but only 10% for insides, the insides increased a lot while the Balcony slightly went down.

And if you a solo cruiser, to tend to book insides more than Balcony as your cruise fare typically doubles.

So far I haven't booked any insides yet for this month sale, only 1 balcony, as insides became more expensive and there are some sailings where balconies became even cheaper than insides due to the 30% off plus my C&A balcony discount.

I too travel solo and completely agree that the BOGO ends up being a good deal for me. However, I have also noticed more studio cabins on ships - including Harmony of the Seas. I booked two sailings on that just to snag one of these studios.

Just got an e mail from Royal Caribbean that the BOGO sale is back starting July 1 thru the middle of August (we'll see if that is the end date) and they will pay gratuities for those that book a holiday sailing for 2015 or 2016.

For those that have been waiting, it's almost here, for those that wished it would go away, It's bbaacckk...............

Just got an e mail from Royal Caribbean that the BOGO sale is back starting July 1 thru the middle of August (we'll see if that is the end date) and they will pay gratuities for those that book a holiday sailing for 2015 or 2016.

For those that have been waiting, it's almost here, for those that wished it would go away, It's bbaacckk...............

Thanks............I tried posting the flyer,when I mentioned this above...but no can do from my phone:( ..

Capture.jpg.129a94179e55bf1bb739419cac0f7318.jpg

Is there any predicatability to when Royal will have a BOGO sale? We are trying to plan a vacation on a budget and want to hold off. We wouldn't be sailing until March, but we are hooked now and can't wait to get something on the books. That is how we booked last time. We aren't looking for a special room. Probably just an interior.

My original post was removed because I evidently stepped on some toes and used a dot com.

Having said this, the best time to take advantage of any cruise fare is at or during the release dates of a particular cruise. The ship is full and the prices are low. The fuller the ship, the higher the price. We booked our 3 current booked cruises at release dates, several for close to 2 years out, and currently, one of them is 105% higher today than they when booked, another is 80% higher. The third is so far out that there hasn't been much change, but it's already higher.

Book early as possible, cheaper cruise fares and wider cabin selections.

Edited by Goodtime Cruizin

My original post was removed because I evidently stepped on some toes and used a dot com.

Having said this, the best time to take advantage of any cruise fare is at or during the release dates of a particular cruise. The ship is full and the prices are low. The fuller the ship, the higher the price. We booked our 3 current booked cruises at release dates, several for close to 2 years out, and currently, one of them is 105% higher today than they when booked, another is 80% higher. The third is so far out that there hasn't been much change, but it's already higher.

Book early as possible, cheaper cruise fares and wider cabin selections.

I think you meant to say "The ship is empty and the prices are low".

RCCL is having a weekend WOW...June 26th-28th

Thank you both for the heads-up! Now let's see what happens to the fares as a result. :)

I heard about the BOGO starting on JUly 1st.....wasn't aware they were throwing in gratuities.

Will this only apply to new bookings, or for those that have already booked but not hit final payment date be able to upgrade I wonder?

And lets see what happens to the pricing. I booked with the 30/30 sale..so got 20% off the oceanview(I am assuming I did anyways).

I heard about the BOGO starting on JUly 1st.....wasn't aware they were throwing in gratuities.

Will this only apply to new bookings, or for those that have already booked but not hit final payment date be able to upgrade I wonder?

And lets see what happens to the pricing. I booked with the 30/30 sale..so got 20% off the oceanview(I am assuming I did anyways).

They have been letting folks change to get the new offer. They will re-price your cruise at the current rate and you will receive the current offer.

I believe the prepaid gratuities are only for 2015 and 2016 Holiday sailings according to the flyer posted on this thread