Bottle for our room?

Hi all, we are doing our first cruise in Febuary on Oasis. We are both partially disabled (no climbing rock walls for us LOL) and will probably be in our room more than most people. My question is, is it possible to purchase a bottle of blackberry brandy for our room? and maybe have a few beers on hand?

Everything I read talks about smuggling stuff in, and I would rather not. I know I can order a drink package and have room service bring us single drinks but envision playing a waiting game that I would rather not if possible, Thanks in advance

Unfortunately, you can not order a bottle of alcohol for your cabin. You can order drinks from room service, but they are not included in the drink packages. Drink packages are valid at bars and in the restaurants.

You can bring 2 750 ml bottles of wine on the ship.

Unfortunately, no.

You can bring two 750 ml bottles of wine onboard per cabin. You can order wine as a "departure gift" for the cabin. Bottled liquor of any type is not allowed. Although you can get a "bucket of beer" at the pool, I don't think you can have it delivered to the cabin. You could "probably" bring the bucket from the pool to the cabin? And I believe there's beer in the mini-bar.

Unfortunately, no.

You can bring two 750 ml bottles of wine onboard per cabin. You can order wine as a "departure gift" for the cabin. Bottled liquor of any type is not allowed. Although you can get a "bucket of beer" at the pool, I don't think you can have it delivered to the cabin. You could "probably" bring the bucket from the pool to the cabin? And I believe there's beer in the mini-bar.

There is no beer or alcohol in the mini bar.

Unfortunately, you can not order a bottle of alcohol for your cabin. You can order drinks from room service, but they are not included in the drink packages. Drink packages are valid at bars and in the restaurants.

You can bring 2 750 ml bottles of wine on the ship.

Thanks, unfortunately we don't drink wine, wonder why the restriction for customers willing to pay? Makes no sense.

wonder why the restriction for customers willing to pay?

They could do like Carnival does with their Bon Voyage dept and charge about 3-4X retail and make a killing. Im really not sure why they dont sale bottles of liquor other than they have no control at that point. Serving people by the drink allows them cut people off if things get out of hand.

Thanks, unfortunately we don't drink wine, wonder why the restriction for customers willing to pay? Makes no sense.

You could buy a bottle in the duty free shop and pay an extra fee to be allowed to drink it on board up until 2006 and then that policy was discontinued. It was also in that timeframe that a newlywed went missing from the Brilliance. Many feel that the excessive drinking associated with that incident led to the alcohol policy being changed. It could have been a requirement of the cruise line's insurance company after that settlement, no one knows for sure.

Many feel that the excessive drinking associated with that incident led to the alcohol policy being changed. It could have been a requirement of the cruise line's insurance company after that settlement, no one knows for sure.

I would almost bet big money you are spot on and Im not really a betting man :)

Also - You can purchase a few bottles of beer ( ask that the cap stay on,) and bring them back to the cabin to enjoy at a later time. Your room attendant should be able to get you an ice bucket as often the fridge does not chill well. You can also bring a glass of brandy back to enjoy whenever you want.

and Reallyitsmema and Ryano are likely correct about the policy change years back. I am happy they have changed it to allow wine.

enjoy

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

It is surprising that RCCL doesn't allow a setup package in your cabin the way their sister company Celebrity does. When sailing Celebrity a bottle in the room for pre dinner drinks or a nightcap paired with their non-alcohol package is a perfect fit for me.

Seems kind of silly. Their alcohol policy is designed to keep you from bringing your own booze on board and drink their overpriced stuff instead. I'm perfectly willing to buy the booze at their price but, their own policy is going to make a smuggler out of me LOL

Seems kind of silly. Their alcohol policy is designed to keep you from bringing your own booze on board and drink their overpriced stuff instead. I'm perfectly willing to buy the booze at their price but, their own policy is going to make a smuggler out of me LOL

You are preaching to the choir here, I'm afraid. :p It's their policy and many passengers choose to adhere to it. Whether you do or not is your decision but the oft-heard advice here is "be prepared to lose it".

Well, all I can say is that I am not a Blackberry brandy drinker but my Mom likes it because she says it settles her stomach. Now that she is alone, she comes to my house for Christmas morning and Santa has always been able to put a small plastic bottle with a plastic cover in her stocking (a fifth I think). Somehow, it always ends up in her suitcase since she always cruises for New Years and most years leaves here to head to her cruise. Never heard any issues with the ship.:eek::p

Thanks for the replies^^^^^

If I was to order a bucket of beer do they care if you walk off with it?

Not at all, you can take it anywhere, though they might ask you to stay away from the pool with glass bottles.

We just got off the Allure and brought on 1 bottle of wine and 1 of champagne as per the allowance. We split the bottles between the 2 suitcases and mine got through and delivered with no problem. My husband had to go down at 10PM to claim his suitcase because of the wine. So silly. He asked for a supervisor and they said no problem but he went all day without a change of clothes.

We just got off the Allure and brought on 1 bottle of wine and 1 of champagne as per the allowance. We split the bottles between the 2 suitcases and mine got through and delivered with no problem. My husband had to go down at 10PM to claim his suitcase because of the wine. So silly. He asked for a supervisor and they said no problem but he went all day without a change of clothes.

That's one reason why wine should always be carried on.

Thanks for the replies^^^^^

If I was to order a bucket of beer do they care if you walk off with it?

The "bucket" of beer can be taken with you. I bought the "bag" for the "bag of beer" on our last royal cruise, and it's meant to be taken with you as it's a cooler bag with a strap on it.

We're supposed to carry on the wine allowance, not leave it in checked luggage.

Hi all, we are doing our first cruise in Febuary on Oasis. We are both partially disabled (no climbing rock walls for us LOL) and will probably be in our room more than most people. My question is, is it possible to purchase a bottle of blackberry brandy for our room? and maybe have a few beers on hand?

Everything I read talks about smuggling stuff in, and I would rather not. I know I can order a drink package and have room service bring us single drinks but envision playing a waiting game that I would rather not if possible, Thanks in advance

How about this stuff?

10350281.jpg

Try it at home first. Who knows? You may find it a reasonable substitute. And it is permitted.

:)

The actual policy is that you may carry on 2 750 ml bottles of wine per cabin. Wine in luggage can be confiscated. Some ships will just make you go to the naughty room and pick it up. Others actually will keep it. We have seen both happen and they have pointed to the actual policy.

RCL sadly is behind the times on this, other cruise lines call it Bon Voyage among other names for booze, beer, mixers, etc. to be waiting in your cabin.:mad:

My only suggestion with RCL is to order a couple drinks w/o ice at a bar, pour them into a larger glass/container with a cover you bring on the ship, and bring it back to your cabin, where you can add ice from your ice bucket!:eek:

I've done this to relax on our balcony for an afternoon sea day to get away from the crowds for awhile. I'll order a double shot of Vodka(or more), and a glass of tonic w/o ice(they usually hand me a can), then pour them together into my container w/ a lid, and I'm off to wherever I want to go.:D

Forget about smuggling on, do you really want to experience the embarrassment of getting caught? If the answer is no, then,,,,,,,,

If its that important to you, I'd suggest changing cruise lines.:)

Edited by American Bear