What has happened to easy air????

bcnvcanada

We use to be able to book one way flights, on easy air? We also

could book business/ first class one way and economy the short

flight home. They (Princess) only had limited days one could fly and

no way to select the airline one wanted. Has anyone else had trouble -

or is this the new way of doing things???

I haven't experienced such problems but also have not tried to fly a different class on each flight. You didn't post your routing nor dates so it's impossible to say if any of us get the same results.

I picked a random cruise with flights to & from Europe from the U.S. & despite a new appearance could view airlines, flights, dates, class and to/from/roundtrip options.

Edited by Astro Flyer

I think the new format is much more user-friendly, and all the options appear to be there.

I had the same experience however it may be different for passengers who live outside of the U.S. and since the OP never posted their routing all we can do is speculate. :(

I checked on flights for my SIL by not logging in and picking her home airport. I was able to pick "to the ship" flights and not bother with the "from the ship" flights (she's booking a westbound transatlantic to FLL), and had no difficulty whatsoever. It seems easier than before.

A question for Astro Flyer and Compozer : when you do a dummy booking do you have to fill out full names of both passengers, including street address and phone numbers, dining request, etc before you get to the EZAir screen?

That is what I had to do to try this out and seems to be awfully lengthy just to find out what flights/prices/scheduling is available. Now for my dummy booking I have already received 3 emails from Princess confirming my cruise, YIKES,!!

Obviously I am doing something wrong........ Help please.

A question for Astro Flyer and Compozer : when you do a dummy booking do you have to fill out full names of both passengers, including street address and phone numbers, dining request, etc before you get to the EZAir screen?

That is what I had to do to try this out and seems to be awfully lengthy just to find out what flights/prices/scheduling is available. Now for my dummy booking I have already received 3 emails from Princess confirming my cruise, YIKES,!!

Obviously I am doing something wrong........ Help please.

There's no need to add anything for those of us in the U.S. but just noticed that your in Canada so it may be different.

Choose a cruise

Click on the purple tab "Flight Quotes" below the cruise fare

Type in your departure airport (I type LAX but need to accept the Princess description of "United States, US - Los Angeles Intl (LAX)" that appears)

Click "Search Flight"

And voila...there are your eZAir flight options to select your preferences. :)

Edited by Astro Flyer

:o. Is that the emoticon for "embarrassed?"

Just tried it and it is just as you described, even here in Canada. Thanks for pointing that out to me, easy peesy.

Unfortunately I have to use the embarrassed :o icon too often! :p

That's great that it worked in CA which would mean even if the OP is in CA they should be able to get the same eZAir flight options...easy-peasy! :)

Edited by Astro Flyer

:o. Is that the emoticon for "embarrassed?"

Just tried it and it is just as you described, even here in Canada. Thanks for pointing that out to me, easy peesy.

glad it worked for you.

I have found that the domestic flights are more expensive than doing them directly with the airline but for international flights, it is a better deal.

it has been my experience that some times EZair has some absolutely fantastic deals and other times they are not remotely competitive. I suspect they subsidize some airfares when they are trying to fill some cruises.

it has been my experience that some times EZair has some absolutely fantastic deals and other times they are not remotely competitive. I suspect they subsidize some airfares when they are trying to fill some cruises.

Their CEO said that by combining the buying power of all CCL lines they are the 5th largest seller of flights & that must help provide competitive prices.

Last April good flights to FLL & returning from London to LAX was $660 roundtrip using eZAir and was much better than anything else I could find. And that was for "flexible" airfare which recent experiences is many times less expensive than "restricted" airfares.

Edited by Astro Flyer

How do you get the drop down menu to show airports that are where you live? We're up near Seattle and all the departure airports are in California? Do I need to call Princess and have them change something or is there a "preference" in can change myself?

How do you get the drop down menu to show airports that are where you live? We're up near Seattle and all the departure airports are in California? Do I need to call Princess and have them change something or is there a "preference" in can change myself?

Sounds like your home city is not listed as SEA.

We use to be able to book one way flights, on easy air? We also

could book business/ first class one way and economy the short

flight home. They (Princess) only had limited days one could fly and

no way to select the airline one wanted. Has anyone else had trouble -

or is this the new way of doing things???

It is a new format.......

I have never seen the possibility of booking business/first class on the EZ Air website ?

Where was that?

Sounds like your home city is not listed as SEA.

Yeah, when I tried to book flights it shows us out of LAX but in my profile it has our correct WA. address.. Is there somewhere else you can change your home city?

When typing "LAX" it automatically shows that detailed description below the airport space.

You should be able to type in "SEA" & view a detailed description for SEATAC. If you do not accept the Princess detailed description then you cannot view flights from your departure airport.

Edited by Astro Flyer

When typing "LAX" it automatically shows that detailed description below the airport space.

You should be able to type in "SEA" & view a detailed description for SEATAC. If you do not accept the Princess detailed description then you cannot view flights from your departure airport.

Just called Princess. They changed in about 3.4 seconds..

Their CEO said that by combining the buying power of all CCL lines they are the 5th largest seller of flights & that must help provide competitive prices.

Last April good flights to FLL & returning from London to LAX was $660 roundtrip using eZAir and was much better than anything else I could find. And that was for "flexible" airfare which recent experiences is many times less expensive than "restricted" airfares.

In August 2013 we flew from Vancouver to LHR to Rome and returned from Venice to LHR to Vancouver for $631 each with EZ Air....haven't even come close to that in 2014 or this year to fly YVR to LHR, this year its $1300 pp. ouch:eek:

It is a new format.......

I have never seen the possibility of booking business/first class on the EZ Air website ?

Where was that?

If you follow the procedure in post #10 you'll see the class of ticket requested at the top. That previously was also an option with the old display on the right side which I sometimes would check.