BOGO'S Back

Sorry but I've not seen those price drops nor have I seen too many reporting those savings. Maybe I'm not pricing the right cruises or reading the right posts.

Guess you missed it. All over the 30/30 thread and there may have been a thread just on Harmony price reductions. I think it was only good on the FL sailings

Sorry but I've not seen those price drops nor have I seen too many reporting those savings. Maybe I'm not pricing the right cruises or reading the right posts.
Harmony prices were great for a while under the 30 for 30. We saved around 1000 dollars. But it seems it was a small window that we just happened to see.

Since the Harmony had been excluded from the BOGOHO the prices for that ship were not inflated like the rest of them when 30/30 started.

It took RCL a few days to raise them to catch up with the rest of the prices.

I've been seeing pop ups on my screen all day for 2016 westbound TA's between $650 and $750 for 12 -14 nights. Seems good to me.

There seem to be more TAs in 2016. There are few this fall (the westbound season) and prices are much higher than usual. Long term, the number of ships repositioning every spring and fall will continue to grow and that could keep TA prices in check.

Since the Harmony had been excluded from the BOGOHO the prices for that ship were not inflated like the rest of them when 30/30 started.

It took RCL a few days to raise them to catch up with the rest of the prices.

There are still great deals available for the Harmony. In fact pricing on insides and ocean views is even better than it was for the 30/30 sale.

Just looked at some dates in March 2017 and insides are from $711 and balconies from $847.

BigG, here are our Harmony 30/30 killer discounts when it started. We had a CLS L2 that dropped almost $2,300 for the inaugural cruise in FLL. For a March 2017 B2B in a SLS we had a discounts that were bigger. $4,500 for week one and $4,000 for week two. Those SLS, are now less than a normal SLS price. Tells you how much they were inflated when we first booked.

It is now less for that Harmony B2B than our one we have planned on Allure for March of 2016. The RC agent said she has never seen discounts so big before.

BigG, here are our Harmony 30/30 killer discounts when it started. We had a CLS L2 that dropped almost $2,300 for the inaugural cruise in FLL. For a March 2017 B2B in a SLS we had a discounts that were bigger. $4,500 for week one and $4,000 for week two. Those SLS, are now less than a normal SLS price. Tells you how much they were inflated when we first booked.

It is now less for that Harmony B2B than our one we have planned on Allure for March of 2016. The RC agent said she has never seen discounts so big before.

Thanks. I do remember reading about the Harmony drops but I don't remember anyone swooning over the 30/30. I might not have been paying much attention because there was a lot going on in May.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Thanks. I do remember reading about the Harmony drops but I don't remember anyone swooning over the 30/30. I might not have been paying much attention because there was a lot going on in May.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I swooned, but our discounts were not the norm. The other thing is, if it is not the ship one is looking for/at it doesn't usually draw ones attention.

Have a good day.

I swooned, but our discounts were not the norm. The other thing is, if it is not the ship one is looking for/at it doesn't usually draw ones attention.

Have a good day.

This is true. I had not looked at the Harmony at all. We were waiting for the OA to come up to PC as it is only an hour from our house. But then last month I saw that we could drive to FLL and go on a new ship for $200 less than the Oasis. Currently have both booked and will decide early next year.:)

Harmony prices were great for a while under the 30 for 30. We saved around 1000 dollars. But it seems it was a small window that we just happened to see.

Very small window. We booked a B2 (boardwalk balcony) for Jan, 2017 for $1,410. :cool:

That is almost unheard of.

This is true. I had not looked at the Harmony at all. We were waiting for the OA to come up to PC as it is only an hour from our house. But then last month I saw that we could drive to FLL and go on a new ship for $200 less than the Oasis. Currently have both booked and will decide early next year.:)

This is so true. We orginally looked at Oasis out of PC for one week in March 2017 in a SLS, with a visit to the mouse first. At that point in time Oasis was $3,000 over Harmony, and that was before our 30-30 price drop. Talk about "new" prices for a ship in a new home port. ;) Forget the fact that Oasis would be close to 7 years older than Harmony. It made an easy decision for us.

This is so true. We orginally looked at Oasis out of PC for one week in March 2017 in a SLS, with a visit to the mouse first. At that point in time Oasis was $3,000 over Harmony, and that was before our 30-30 price drop. Talk about "new" prices for a ship in a new home port. ;) Forget the fact that Oasis would be close to 7 years older than Harmony. It made an easy decision for us.

Oasis is our new homeport ship in Fall 2016. I hope she is priced closer to what Freedom was

My observation:

Prices moved as I expected:

Interiors became cheaper as the discount went up from 10% to 25%, balconies became more expensive as discount went down from 30% to 25%.

The BOGO now is only for US and Canada, unlike the last one which ended in May, is open to all.

Since I am not from the US, funny that the search results incorrectly show the discounted price with the BOGO, but when I click book and it went to the cabin selection page, the prices are correctly shown without the BOGO discount.

How I wish they extend the BOGO to non US residents just like last time.

Oasis is our new homeport ship in Fall 2016. I hope she is priced closer to what Freedom was

I hope so too. You will have a wonderful ship located in your backyard. Even if they keep it to FLL pricing it wouldn't be bad. I think that they will "Disney" price it as it will look that much bigger and better than the Disney product. For you to live so close to PC it would seem wrong to have to drive to FLL for a better price.

We quickly nixed the idea of doing 4 days at Disney and jumping on Oasis that March of 2017. It would have cheeper to drive to FLL from Disney and go on Harmony than pay the price of Oasis out of PC. We decided the idea of the 3 hour drive wasn't worth the stop at the mouse.

Out of interest. We booked on board in March for next years cruise under the BOGO deal. It actually worked out a lot cheaper for us (about $2000). We prepaid our gratuities. Now that the BOGO deal includes free gratuities is that for new bookings only or do you think I can phone up and get them removed??? I know i maybe asking too much here!!!! But you never know!!!!

Thanks.

Not that far off. This is only a single data set, but for the same week in March (all Eastern):

March 2015 - FOS - D2 = $2357 (Diamond discount included)

March 2016 - FOS - D2 = $2481 (Diamond discount included)

March 2017 - Oasis - D2 = $2527 (Diamond+ discount included)

BTW, these are all BOGO (whichever version was active when we booked) prices.

Edited by orville99
Messed up sail dates.

I hope so too. You will have a wonderful ship located in your backyard. Even if they keep it to FLL pricing it wouldn't be bad. I think that they will "Disney" price it as it will look that much bigger and better than the Disney product. For you to live so close to PC it would seem wrong to have to drive to FLL for a better price.

We quickly nixed the idea of doing 4 days at Disney and jumping on Oasis that March of 2017. It would have cheeper to drive to FLL from Disney and go on Harmony than pay the price of Oasis out of PC. We decided the idea of the 3 hour drive wasn't worth the stop at the mouse.

Between parking vs cab, driving expenses and a 6 hour roundtrip, I would be fine even up to $400-$500 more. However, we do want to do Harmony so I better fill up the tank.

I personally just saved over $600 due to the BOGO sale. That is spread out over 4 of my cruises. I cruise solo and those were all inside or ocean view rooms.

I think BOGO works out every well for solo travelers. And the good news is I can get my shareholder benefit with a BOGO sale.

Between parking vs cab, driving expenses and a 6 hour roundtrip, I would be fine even up to $400-$500 more. However, we do want to do Harmony so I better fill up the tank.

If I was in your position I would look at it the same way. Time is money, not to mention all the hard costs. It doesn't take long to add up to $400.

As for Harmony, why don't you join our Roll Call for November 2017? If you are going to try her, why not her first full sailing out of FLL. Then you can quickly decide if you want to make the journey down the interstate again later.:)

If I was in your position I would look at it the same way. Time is money, not to mention all the hard costs. It doesn't take long to add up to $400.

As for Harmony, why don't you join our Roll Call for November 2017? If you are going to try her, why not her first full sailing out of FLL. Then you can quickly decide if you want to make the journey down the interstate again later.:)

We had a reservation on that first weekend cruise, but then I put Laura on Rhapsody med and TA and had to cancel due to conflict. I get to meet her on leg 3 for the first sailing out of PC. Due to scheduling it ends up being a 4 day weekend. :D

We had a reservation on that first weekend cruise, but then I put Laura on Rhapsody med and TA and had to cancel due to conflict. I get to meet her on leg 3 for the first sailing out of PC. Due to scheduling it ends up being a 4 day weekend. :D

Not a bad problem to have. :) I hope to get to sail with you one day. The good thing is, there is always another cruise.:D

It will be interesting to see if this is as good as the just completed 30 for 30 sale.

When I compared the deal I got with the 30 for 30 - compared to the BOGO price, my 30 for 30 deal was a couple of hundred dollars cheaper!

I personally just saved over $600 due to the BOGO sale. That is spread out over 4 of my cruises. I cruise solo and those were all inside or ocean view rooms.

I think BOGO works out every well for solo travelers. And the good news is I can get my shareholder benefit with a BOGO sale.

How does BOGO work out better for solo travelers? Not in any way questioning your statement, just curious if there is an angle I'm not seeing!

How does BOGO work out better for solo travelers? Not in any way questioning your statement, just curious if there is an angle I'm not seeing!

The 30/30 sale gives 10% inside and 20% OV - and the discount does not double! Meaning the solo does not get 20% inside and 40% OV.

Normally a solo pays 200% the double occupancy price - but with BOGOHO the net affect is paying 150% of the "normal" price.

Interestingly enough, with this sale my studio rooms on the Harmony were also less. Not sure why on those since they are studios - but I just smiled and took the lower price.

:cool: