New Celebrity Bundle Pricing (Go! Big, Go! Better, Go! Best)

Charles4515

Most people will crunch the numbers and then decide if this is worth it. You have to also look at the competition and the price they are charging for the same product without these perks. People seem to really like the beverage package but not when you feel you are over paying for what you think you really drink. My guess is there will always be some sailings that the non suite cabins will be reduced fares with senior or resident rates. Then you can grab a cabin at a much lower rate and pay as you go. You have to give Celebrity credit for trying different things to attract new customers as well as keeping the regulars coming back.

X is trying to increase revenue and making is harder to see the bottom line.

Sure, we have a choice of beverage package, OBC, free grats or internet, but for people that don't want the beverage packages or internet it comes down to $150 or free grats. Those bennies don't seem to be worth the inflated prices. So, if I want to to stick with the basic, we have to book an inside, which DW will never do.

I will look closely, but also look at Princess, HAL and NCL.

Everyone is comparing to the deal they got when they booked. I suppose that's normal human nature...but it's really a "so what"....prices change, deals change, bundles change all the time. When you are ready to book your next cruise, decide if the celebrity offering makes sense and pick good/better/best. I can't imagine anyone who takes the classic package for good will upgrade to "better". For most, there are two levels...good and best.

Sure, some will book better for shorter cruises (under 10 days) but for those of us who book 14 day cruises...it's good or best....or perhaps senior/state discount.

Give it a few months to settle in....I bet the higher initial prices get tempered although they'll keep the spread between good and best. The first promotions will undoubtedly be free upgrade from good to better...but surely the TA's will be throwing in free gratuities of OBC's just like they've always done. The best deals will probably be during a celebrity promotion of free upgrade to better coupled with a TA giving you OBC or gratuities....especially elite/elite plus where unlimited internet is uninteresting.

So if you're correct, which I'm sure you are as to what you were told, then the price to upgrade has snuck up $1. Maybe they felt like it could fly under the radar in the middle of all the other changes. With the 18% gratuity it would now be $12.98 per person, per day to upgrade.

Hopefully we as consumers will see something official on this soon.

I'm betting they were just talking "round numbers" for conversational convenience and it's still the same: $10 + 18% = $11.80 pp/day.

Would be nice to see that spelled out. It was actually one of my questions that didn't make it past moderation. I even spelled it out per my above numbers.

Jane

The way I read my situation. The base price for the new pick 2 is only $100 more pp then what I paid awhile ago...but in that box on the web page, it says, will upgrade for $150.

I am already getting the $150 pp on the original 123 booking.

So i read it as if I was to canx and immediately rebook for 2 instead of 1 perk, I only pay $100 pp for a second perk, or I can upgrade without canceling for $150 pp.

Is that how it is reading to someone else?

I am thinking for $100pp, to get the beverage package and basic specialty coffee and OBC of $300 for 10 days is worth it just for a few drinks and specialty coffees. $150 will cause me to just stay put with what I have....LOL

Mike if you rebook with no perk and use the Florida res rate your 1A on deck 7 is $1319 + TT&L

Going BIG with the Classic pkg in a GTY you are at $1489 pp +ttnl

or a deck 7 2B where you are now it is $1589 ++ with the Classic

In your case the new pricing and choices are better than the base and buy your own, call who you booked with and have them crunch the final digits!.

EW

Okay the base prices have gone up. My dh and I really enjoy the beverage package. We are not wine or beer experts, but enjoy drinks without having to be concerned about price, also orange juice and speciality coffee. Are there any other cruise lines that we can purchase a beverage package with comparable pricing as X. I wanted to stay with them, however, there are things about the ships that I am unhappy with, so I may, as they say, jump ship!

I think what was being said is that the base price that you paid for your cruise won't change, but you can pay the difference to upgrade to the level you want.

That's how I understood it, as well.

...BUT how would that work if your existing booking rate already includes perks?

I highly doubt they would give partial credits for adding internet to an All In rate instead of charging you $45 pp/night to keep your other perks and add internet and upgrade to Prem bev.

I expect them to fall-back on the usual terms that the rate is specific to the package it's booked under.

Perhaps this would apply to those who hold bookings with no perks? They could pay the extra "Go Best" $45 pp/night extra for 4 perks with Premium.

...BUT we also know that the GO! pricing isn't compatible with special rates (like 55+/Residency/etc), so who would even have an eligible base rate w/o perks?

I just don't see a way of making what Lisa seemed to say work within Celebrity's normal framework.

Sorry for rambling. My head is just spinning and I'm trying to sort out my overload.

Edited by JaneStarr
Elaboration

CHOOSE ANY OF FOUR AMAZING OFFERS!

EmailSign Up For Special Offers PhoneLet Us Call You Call Your Travel Professional Facebook Google+

Book an Oceanview room or higher and choose from four great offers: Ultimate Beverage Package, Ultimate Dining Package, WiFi Package, or a Shore Excursion Credit. Best of all, book a Suite or The Haven and get all four offers for FREE! Plus, Friends & Family in the same stateroom sail free on select sailings. Now is an amazing time to Cruise Like a Norwegian.

Plus, reserve any 2015 cruise with just half of the deposit.

VIEW SAILINGS

Choose From These Great Offers When You Book

ANY STATEROOM CATEGORY†

SHORE EXCURSION CREDITS

Receive a $75 per stateroom shore excursion credit for each port visited on your cruise. Get out and swim with dolphins, tour The Leaning Tower, or play 18 holes at a world class resort. This is your vacation, so take our money and splurge on shore!

ULTIMATE DINING PACKAGE

The first two guests can eat in one of our award-winning speciality restaurants for free every night of the cruise.*

ULTIMATE BEVERAGE PACKAGE

The first two guests can enjoy a drink (who are we kidding, drinks) for the whole cruise vacation for free. That's unlimited wine, soda, beer and cocktails priced under $11. Have another, we won't tell.*

FREE WIFI PACKAGE

Stay in touch (aka brag about your cruise) with your friends & family and choose this option to get 250 free minutes on the ship's wifi for the stateroom.

BOOK THE HAVEN OR A SUITE AND GET ALL 4 ABOVE OFFERS

VALUED AT UP TO $2,090!

Hi Everyone,

Some insights. Hope they are helpful ! :

1. I checked 3 of our Caribbean Cruises. Today's pricing is the same as a few days ago, under the "Go Big" offer.

2. I'm having no problems seeing all pricing options... so for those who want to use this as a gripe session for Celebrity's IT team ? At first glance, it looks like they've done a very good job. I certainly understand that there's a lot of work ahead to improve Celebrity's website - but let's give credit where it's due.

3. There's an option to bypass Go Big, Better, Best, and look for resident/senior/military rates, so that's very nice to see.

4. While I still feel this program may work well for some.... as we rarely if ever drink, and receive 200 Internet minutes each for Internet as Elite Plus.... I cannot see any scenario where the Go Better or Best would make sense for us. I suspected this would be the case when this new structure was first announced - but now that I can see the actual numbers, my initial thoughts are confirmed.

5. Go Better and Best : I'm not seeing the logic of paying 15.00 (better)/45.00 (best) per person per day, for gratuities and/or OBC, for sailings over 9 nights, as it becomes of little to no value at that point. IMO, they should bump up the OBC on 10+ night sailings, to make Go Better and Best more attractive on the longer sailings.

For us, as we always book onboard and received generous OBC, reduced deposits, and (I believe) 1 other perk on some of our bookings... I'm keeping our existing booking as is.

I was thinking the same, especially if you had selected the drink package as the first option I suppose the gratuities would be better for the longer cruises.

Everyone is comparing to the deal they got when they booked. I suppose that's normal human nature...but it's really a "so what"....prices change, deals change, bundles change all the time. When you are ready to book your next cruise, decide if the celebrity offering makes sense and pick good/better/best. I can't imagine anyone who takes the classic package for good will upgrade to "better". For most, there are two levels...good and best.

Sure, some will book better for shorter cruises (under 10 days) but for those of us who book 14 day cruises...it's good or best....or perhaps senior/state discount.

Give it a few months to settle in....I bet the higher initial prices get tempered although they'll keep the spread between good and best. The first promotions will undoubtedly be free upgrade from good to better...but surely the TA's will be throwing in free gratuities of OBC's just like they've always done. The best deals will probably be during a celebrity promotion of free upgrade to better coupled with a TA giving you OBC or gratuities....especially elite/elite plus where unlimited internet is uninteresting.

Agreed, time will tell as things settle down, As always, some cruises do not sell as well as they liked so the prices will fall and the cruises that do sell well the prices will rise, just like before.

Okay the base prices have gone up. My dh and I really enjoy the beverage package. We are not wine or beer experts, but enjoy drinks without having to be concerned about price, also orange juice and speciality coffee. Are there any other cruise lines that we can purchase a beverage package with comparable pricing as X. I wanted to stay with them, however, there are things about the ships that I am unhappy with, so I may, as they say, jump ship!

Base prices have gone up in comparison to what? We booked a b2b a couple of weeks ago and the base prices, with drink package, are identical.

I think the real test will be when the new bookings come out. Right now prices are all over the place depending when you booked and how popular the cruises are. We booked an AQ1 for the 2/17 Mardi Gras cruise last Dec for $2,299 and today a veranda, 2C, base price is going for $3,399 (all AQ cabins are sold out). That price increase has everything to do with the popularity of the cruise.

Edited by Oville

EmailSign Up For Special Offers PhoneLet Us Call You Call Your Travel Professional Facebook Google+

Book an Oceanview room or higher and choose from four great offers: Ultimate Beverage Package, Ultimate Dining Package, WiFi Package, or a Shore Excursion Credit. Best of all, book a Suite or The Haven and get all four offers for FREE! Plus, Friends & Family in the same stateroom sail free on select sailings. Now is an amazing time to Cruise Like a Norwegian.

VIEW SAILINGS

ANY STATEROOM CATEGORY†

SHORE EXCURSION CREDITS

Receive a $75 per stateroom shore excursion credit for each port visited on your cruise. Get out and swim with dolphins, tour The Leaning Tower, or play 18 holes at a world class resort. This is your vacation, so take our money and splurge on shore!

ULTIMATE DINING PACKAGE

The first two guests can eat in one of our award-winning speciality restaurants for free every night of the cruise.*

The first two guests can enjoy a drink (who are we kidding, drinks) for the whole cruise vacation for free. That's unlimited wine, soda, beer and cocktails priced under $11. Have another, we won't tell.*

FREE WIFI PACKAGE

Stay in touch (aka brag about your cruise) with your friends & family and choose this option to get 250 free minutes on the ship's wifi for the stateroom.

VALUED AT UP TO $2,090!

Have only sailed NCL back in the 80s. Not sure we would enjoy it after having sailed X and HAL and Princess.

Well, after calling customer service, I only had to pay $100pp more then my original invoice from a year ago to get a 2nd perk. Now I have the Beverage Package AND $300 OBC.

The current cruise price did come down from the original day I booked a year ago, but I looked at what I agreed and was happy to pay back then to compare. If I went by todays rate, which they did, they said to upgrade would be $150pp.

Semantics!

All I know is I am happy as a pig with lipstick on wearing a tutu to have a beverage package added on for only $10pp a day for a 10 day cruise....a savings of approx $45pp a day for 10 days. :)

Edited by FireEater

Base prices have gone up in comparison to what? We booked a b2b a couple of weeks ago and the base prices, with drink package, are identical.

I think the real test will be when the new bookings come out. Right now prices are all over the place depending when you booked and how popular the cruises are. We booked an AQ1 for the 2/17 Mardi Gras cruise last Dec for $2,299 and today a veranda, 2C, base price is going for $3,399 (all AQ cabins are sold out). That price increase has everything to do with the popularity of the cruise.

For both our reserved bookings, as of this morning the base prices are higher. Western Caribbean and western Med, both are imo popular iteneries. Yesterday the base prices were exactly what we paid.

For both our reserved bookings, as of this morning the base prices are higher. Western Caribbean and western Med, both are imo popular iteneries. Yesterday the base prices were exactly what we paid.

Interesting, I tracked 5. Today's price was identical to the July 1 pricing. Did all catergories increase?

VIEW SAILINGS

ANY STATEROOM CATEGORY†

SHORE EXCURSION CREDITS

ULTIMATE DINING PACKAGE

FREE WIFI PACKAGE

VALUED AT UP TO $2,090!

Have yet to read this as an option for Suites with this new Celebrity roll out but I would love to be corrected!!!

Personally speaking I think

123 go

the grass is greener or whatever it is

pick your perk

big biggest hugest or whatever

Its all getting a bit ridiculous....................

Totally AGREE!! :eek:

You can upgrade the Premium beverage package without choosing the GO Best package.

Guests can change the package after booking as long as they stay within the same cabin category. If, they change their cabin category, then they would pay prevailing pricing.

Well, after calling customer service, I only had to pay $100pp more then my original invoice from a year ago to get a 2nd perk. Now I have the Beverage Package AND $300 OBC.

The current cruise price did come down from the original day I booked a year ago, but I looked at what I agreed and was happy to pay back then to compare. If I went by todays rate, which they did, they said to upgrade would be $150pp.

Semantics!

All I know is I am happy as a pig with lipstick on wearing a tutu to have a beverage package added on for only $10pp a day for a 10 day cruise....a savings of approx $45pp a day for 10 days. :)

Great result and I would like to see that pig:p

Okay I am a little confused, I am looking at a 9 day inside cabin for the west coast and this seems quite high and not offering anything for bigger or anything else.

To me a interior for 959.00 pp is quite a bit and nothing offered with it. Or am I not seeing something. YIKES!

Interesting, I tracked 5. Today's price was identical to the July 1 pricing. Did all catergories increase?

Katie, I am on the same cruise with Nova Scotia cruiser for the W. Med. We have a C2 at a C3 (Captain's Club one-category upgrade) price and our C3 base price has not increased. By "base price" I did a dummy booking for a C3 tonight with Go!Big and we booked at the same basic price (TA had slight group discount for us) with the exception that we booked with the all-inclusive 123 Go; if we were to rebook today, to retain the same price, we would only have one Go!Big pick. Obviously, we are going to keep our all-inclusive booking with three amenities!

Nova Scotia cruiser, which cabin category did you see the increase? By base price, did you use the price at Go!Big? Of course you can keep your original price/booking unless you rather go with another Go!BBB option.

Personally speaking I think

123 go

the grass is greener or whatever it is

pick your perk

big biggest hugest or whatever

Its all getting a bit ridiculous....................

I agree. Run the numbers. Most of this mumbo jumbo doesn't make sense for longer cruises--you'd end up paying more than the perk is worth.

I checked the Celebrity site today and couldn't figure out how to book without this BBB nonsense. Can someone enlighten me?