New Celebrity Bundle Pricing (Go! Big, Go! Better, Go! Best)

Charles4515

I believe they were basing it on that information.

Once already bought, they said it has to be refared, i.e. charged at prevailing pricing.

However, they suggested just paying for the element separately, just as you can do at present. This wouldn't affect the price booked at.

But that's not the case in the question that Chamima had. The answer the other poster gave, and that you are speaking of is for cruises that were booked before July 6th.

Chamima's question is for new cruises booked now, with either a Big or a Better price and then adding another perk.

But that's not the case in the question that Chamima had. The answer the other poster gave, and that you are speaking of is for cruises that were booked before July 6th.

Chamima's question is for new cruises booked now, with either a Big or a Better price and then adding another perk.

In that case, agreed it looks to be as simple as paying the upgrade price as if it were done at the original booking time.

If you want to change to Go Better or Go Best you would have to re fare but you could always add on the other's individually & not change the package name.

Example if you take the Beverage package with the Go Big you can still pay for Gratuities & upgrade to Premium package before you go.

That is my take on it.

Don't think that is accurate. Watched two webinairs on the new promotion and it appeared that in both the statement was made that go better or go best could be added at any time up to about ten days prior to sailing. It would not effect the base price on your reservation Your price would only in crease either $15 or $45 per person per day depending on which you chose.

The booking would not be priced at current rates unless of course the fare had decreased and the new fare was specifically requested.

Don't think that is accurate. Watched two webinairs on the new promotion and it appeared that in both the statement was made that go better or go best could be added at any time up to about ten days prior to sailing. It would not effect the base price on your reservation Your price would only in crease either $15 or $45 per person per day depending on which you chose.

The booking would not be priced at current rates unless of course the fare had decreased and the new fare was specifically requested.

Or if you changed categories. Then it would be at the prevailing rate for that category.

Okay... we took the plundge. We upgraded from our 123go purchase to the current Best offering. It is a short cruise, but it made sense to us.

12/13/2015 Elipse - Mexico 5 days

We do not plan to get off the ship. That affected our decisions.

Previously booked in a 2B accessible cabin at $619 pp. One perk: classic drink package. We already paid to upgrade to premium before the price increase.

New price for Best is $769 pp and we chose classic drink package and unlimited internet for 2 people. Upgrade for premium package carried over.

This was done as a reprice of the existing reservation. We did not have to cancel and rebook. Done through our TA. If we had to cancel and rebook, we would not have changed. Once in awhile the cancel and rebook ends up with a loss/change of cabin. Not much room for error when we must have an accessible cabin.

Total increase is $300.00. Internet is important to us and the unlimited package for one is about $300, so we each get a connection.

Please know that we are not getting off the ship, so the vacation is the ship. The premium drink package is so we can treat the drinks like the MDR. We can try something we never had before and if we don't like it, we can hand it back and try something else. Internet is important to us, so this seemed to be the best deal.

Okay... we took the plundge. We upgraded from our 123go purchase to the current Best offering. It is a short cruise, but it made sense to us.

Previously booked in a 2B accessible cabin at $619 pp. One perk: classic drink package. We already paid to upgrade to premium before the price increase.

New price for Best is $769 pp and we chose classic drink package and unlimited internet for 2 people. Upgrade for premium package carried over.

This was done as a reprice of the existing reservation. We did not have to cancel and rebook. Done through our TA. If we had to cancel and rebook, we would not have changed. Once in awhile the cancel and rebook ends up with a loss/change of cabin. Not much room for error when we must have an accessible cabin.

Total increase is $300.00. Internet is important to us and the unlimited package for one is about $300, so we each get a connection.

Please know that we are not getting off the ship, so the vacation is the ship. The premium drink package is so we can treat the drinks like the MDR. We can try something we never had before and if we don't like it, we can hand it back and try something else. Internet is important to us, so this seemed to be the best deal.

It appears you have the Better, not the Best. The Best automatically comes with the Premium package, + internet, gratuities, and $300 on board credit.

It appears you have the Better, not the Best. The Best automatically comes with the Premium package, + internet, gratuities, and $300 on board credit.

You are correct. It is the BETTER of the three B's. So many marketing packages to remember. :)

Sounds to me like you made a bad deal. You paid three hundred more and lost prepaid gratuities and an onboard credit just to add internet. That is mighty expensive internet.

If this change hasn't gone through you may want to rethink.

Sounds to me like you made a bad deal. You paid three hundred more and lost prepaid gratuities and an onboard credit just to add internet. That is mighty expensive internet.

If this change hasn't gone through you may want to rethink.

Omg...please do not make people regret their choices. If they are happy with what they have booked, let it be. What is important to one is not to another.please let it be.

Hope you enjoy your choice and please don't rethink your choice. I am sure you will have a terrific cruise. Bon voyage!

They did not get all the 123!! They only had the bev pkg which they upgraded prior! I think they got a good deal!!

Gotcha. I was going on their opening statement that they booked on the 123 and had all three. My bad should have read the post more throughly.

since this is a new way of booking cruises and appears to be permanent it is important to carefully look at the cost/ benefit relationship when making any changes to existing bookings

Edited by maxsales

We were just on princess and the non alcohol package was downright cheap. Something like $7 a day I think. Won't last long most likely but we enjoyed it.

The non alcohol package has been that price for years but it doesn't include specialty coffee or bottled water. Also the soft drinks are from the fountain not in cans.

Don't forget your Galoshes. :D

There are just too many options for BBB. I liked the go123 with all three options without having to think. :cool:

I don't mind the new program.

Found the previous one had too many incarnations and variations so it was hard to be general. Perhaps that's what happened above, as there was no indication of any other perks and the poster explicitly said they only had one.

Whereas the new program is straightforward in comparison. Perhaps that will change over time as well!

Oh come on. All any of them require is some simple maths and a decision on what you value each perk at.

Us Aussies (well some of us anyway) also have to factor in current exchange rates and where we think the AUD is heading as we have options to book home or away.

People with some sort of loyalty status also have to consider the value of what they get for free.

In the end unless you have plenty of disposable income compared to how often you wish to or can vacation and can't be bothered to make the effort to get your head around the multiple permutations it still come down to the price.

I enjoy the game so I am probably not the cruise companies' favourite type of customer.

They did not get all the 123!! They only had the bev pkg which they upgraded prior! I think they got a good deal!!

Christine, you caught it. We only got the 1 perk because it is a 5 day cruise. I did this change with lots of anguish. I know it is simple math, but I kept looking at the Best option. Currently our TA is paying the gratuities. If we had gone with Best, then the gratuities would have changed to an onboard credit. With drinks and internet paid for, I could not figure what we would do with $300 of OBC. Maybe the spa? I mulled it over for a couple of days. Throw in the possibility of having to cancel and rebook... I almost left it as is.

Now, the TA has requested an updated statement from Celebrity. I am waiting on that to make sure all of the money paid, new rates, and upgrades show up correctly.

Did I mention that I over research and over think everything that has to do with a cruise? That is the best part of the trip. :D

Christine, you caught it. We only got the 1 perk because it is a 5 day cruise. I did this change with lots of anguish. I know it is simple math, but I kept looking at the Best option. Currently our TA is paying the gratuities. If we had gone with Best, then the gratuities would have changed to an onboard credit. With drinks and internet paid for, I could not figure what we would do with $300 of OBC. Maybe the spa? I mulled it over for a couple of days. Throw in the possibility of having to cancel and rebook... I almost left it as is.

Now, the TA has requested an updated statement from Celebrity. I am waiting on that to make sure all of the money paid, new rates, and upgrades show up correctly.

Did I mention that I over research and over think everything that has to do with a cruise? That is the best part of the trip. :D

I like the research and planning as well but never really think it is doing 'over' what is required.:D

Today I received an email from a Travel Agent advertising to upgrade to the "Go Best" plan for $30 per person per day instead of the normal $45. Going to be interesting to see what schemes other companies come up with to be creative and stimulate sales!

Exclusive Upgrade Opportunity

Upgrade to the "go! BEST" option for two

for just $ 30 pp/pd more at INITIAL TIME OF BOOKING

and receive:

1. Complimentary Upgrade from the

Classic Beverage Package to the Premium Beverage Package

(A value of $ 11.80 per person/per day)

PLUS,

2. Unlimited Internet Access

(A value of up to $ 349 per person)

PLUS,

3. $ 300 Shipboard Credit per cabin

based on Double Occupancy

Edited by BEAV

Today I received an email from a Travel Agent advertising to upgrade to the "Go Best" plan for $30 per person per day instead of the normal $45. Going to be interesting to see what schemes other companies come up with to be creative and stimulate sales!

By paying out part of the $45 per day charge they get to offer you the discount and add to their overall commission. I'm not sure I would take that offer. I would rather that they pay for my gratuities. Even the OBC wouldn't work for me because I book select dining. With paid gratuities and the classic drink package I would be set.