Next Sale - Fall Finale

InTheWASide

Just got an email with a preview of the new promotion after the July 4th promo. Not a lot out yet for terms, conditions, applicable sailings, etc but the main graphic which likely will appear small says "60 Sailings, 60 Days to Save, $60 Deposit"

FallFinale-LP-lockup__MP.png.94a07ac4657d703d5bb2a21e49476e1d.png

Edited by InTheWASide

No e-mails for me; no Mariner Magazine either.

Yet, just today, I booked two HAL cruises.

Maybe I am too good of a customer and they don't need to put forth much effort to solicit me?

Edited by rkacruiser

For the record I get next to no emails from HAL, have never once received a Mariner Magazine at my home and (luckily) never get the solicitation phone calls from PCC's.

But I did get this one through some minor miracle so figured I would share the info that was "hot off the presses"

The reason you may not receive emails, Mariner Magazine, etc is that you have directed them not to send. If you have an on line account, "My Account" under preferences, there is a spot that you click yes or no to receive mail, emails and phone calls.

I got a nice glossy brochure the other day called Exotic Voyages - some nice cruises in there but no where that I would be going (way to long to get time off work).

How often does the Mariner Magazine come out? (I just sailed the 1st time in May so maybe haven't been on their list since their last one.)

I may go back in an change my account to e-mails. I did sign up for one cruise site last year (not under the Carnival Corp umbrella) and got a phone call about every 2nd day.....soon dropped that one... I don't mind e-mails but no phone calls....

The reason you may not receive emails, Mariner Magazine, etc is that you have directed them not to send. If you have an on line account, "My Account" under preferences, there is a spot that you click yes or no to receive mail, emails and phone calls.

Even that doesn't work. My account has always read "yes" and I've yet to ever get my Mariner Magazine or notification of any sales. :(:confused::(

Even that doesn't work. My account has always read "yes" and I've yet to ever get my Mariner Magazine or notification of any sales. :(:confused::(

You're right. I never get emails for promos and someone said its because it's going to junk mail:rolleyes:. Yeah right. Posters need to understand that hal doesn't market to everyone, especially those they think they have in the bag.

I called Mariner Society to check if they still have me coded "send emails" .

Somehow, after I complete a sailing, I do not receive any mailings, emails etc. and in the past I have called and found out that I was not indicated for emails, etc...

The Mariner rep said they would look into it, apparently an email went out to me June 29 - but they do not know the nature of the email... they will have it resent, possibly receive it after the holiday weekend.

The rep had no idea about this fall finale sale, but he was very nice and helpful in checking my preferences, email directive, home address, etc.. He also asked if I had received the recent Mariner magazine. ( I did).

Curious as to what the nature of the email is that was supposedly sent to me June 29. I will report back when I receive it.

Carol

I used to get flyers and brochures frequently from HAL. Then I took my first cruise on HAL and have received none since. :confused::confused::confused:

call the mariner society...i found after I completed a cruise, i was taken off the list for emails/mailings...happened a few times - there was probably a glitch in the system at one time.

Carol

We are 4 star and I get emails several times a week. I get the mariner mag a few times a year. I get a mailing at least once a week. I used to get several a week. They have us in the bag but we still get the things they want out there

We are 4 star and I get emails several times a week. I get the mariner mag a few times a year. I get a mailing at least once a week. I used to get several a week. They have us in the bag but we still get the things they want out there

Curious if you presently have a cruise booked with them. That seems to stop the paper flow. The only time I see any promos is when I have nothing booked with them. When I don't I see it.

Appreciate the help but it is set so I'll receive things. So not sure what's up. All the other cruise lines can find my mailbox no problem. Even had to call Oceania and tell them to tone it down a bit [emoji2]

Curious if you presently have a cruise booked with them. That seems to stop the paper flow. The only time I see any promos is when I have nothing booked with them. When I don't I see it.

Cruz chic - if you don't get them, then I will NEVER have a hope of getting them....(e-mails or the Mariner Magazine). But I'll remain hopeful....maybe they can tell how often we're hitting the website and assume that we know what's up for promotions, cruises???

Still disappointed I didn't get to meet you on the cruise to Bermuda (or maybe we did meet and didn't realize it....). Hope you enjoyed it.

Cruz chic - if you don't get them, then I will NEVER have a hope of getting them....(e-mails or the Mariner Magazine). But I'll remain hopeful....maybe they can tell how often we're hitting the website and assume that we know what's up for promotions, cruises???

Still disappointed I didn't get to meet you on the cruise to Bermuda (or maybe we did meet and didn't realize it....). Hope you enjoyed it.

I really think it has to do with having a cruise booked.

The cruise was a nice getaway from what has become a very stressful year for multiple reasons. It's too bad we didn't meet, at least that we know of.

. . . The Mariner rep said they would look into it, apparently an email went out to me June 29 - but they do not know the nature of the email... they will have it resent, possibly receive it after the holiday weekend. . .Curious as to what the nature of the email is that was supposedly sent to me June 29. I will report back when I receive it. Carol

The email on the 29th was "Mariner Society Cruise News" with updates on the Ryndam & Statendam's farewell events, a link to the new Mariner Magazine, an introduction to the Koningsdam's captain and some updates on the Zuiderdam and the McKinley Chalet Resort. Here's the Web Version: http://ebm.cheetahmail.com/c/tag/hBVkcI8A8NffUB9DKDgNo03glIR/doc.html

There have been several times I've noticed I've fallen off the email list for no reason. Calling the Mariner Society has gotten them restored. As far as the specials (prices in green after logging in), I was told after you book they don't keep offering them "so as not to confuse":)))

Happy Travels!!!

The email on the 29th was "Mariner Society Cruise News" with updates on the Ryndam & Statendam's farewell events, a link to the new Mariner Magazine, an introduction to the Koningsdam's captain and some updates on the Zuiderdam and the McKinley Chalet Resort. Here's the Web Version: http://ebm.cheetahmail.com/c/tag/hBVkcI8A8NffUB9DKDgNo03glIR/doc.html

There have been several times I've noticed I've fallen off the email list for no reason. Calling the Mariner Society has gotten them restored. As far as the specials (prices in green after logging in), I was told after you book they don't keep offering them "so as not to confuse":)))

Happy Travels!!!

Yeah, we'd hate to be "confused" by lower prices. Clearly they must think people are dense.

Exactly, chuz chic, I laughed out loud! I was assured that if lower prices were later offered, I would be taken care of....but I would not see any more prices in green.

Removing the special mariner pricing entirely for those who are booked doesn't make good sense, because so many book well in advance and have more than one booking at a time. That really needs to be fixed, IMO.

Exactly, chuz chic, I laughed out loud! I was assured that if lower prices were later offered, I would be taken care of....but I would not see any more prices in green.

Removing the special mariner pricing entirely for those who are booked doesn't make good sense, because so many book well in advance and have more than one booking at a time. That really needs to be fixed, IMO.

No, it really sucks. I've long said this was the practice and it's so irritating. You'd be taken care of. Yes, they are helping you empty your wallet ;). Thanks for your post.

Edited by cruz chic