booking a cruise myself online

flip8683

We are planning to fly to Fort Lauderdale in feb 2016 Didn't know if we would like to take a cruise yet. My question is how long can I wait before booking a 4 day cruise on rccl for the time we are in Fort Lauderdale ? Is it better to wait untill the day before to get the best price or book it now Thanks in advance

We are planning to fly to Fort Lauderdale in feb 2016 Didn't know if we would like to take a cruise yet. My question is how long can I wait before booking a 4 day cruise on rccl for the time we are in Fort Lauderdale ? Is it better to wait untill the day before to get the best price or book it now Thanks in advance

There's many variables factored into pricing the main one being supply and demand. so there's no way anyone on this forum can say with any certainty when the best pricing will be available. Also there really aren't any good last minute deals on RCCL. Most RCCL cruises now sail at full capacity so waiting to book the day before is not the best strategy as you most likely won't be on the cruise.

Suggest you check the RCCL's site regularly and booked when you're comfortable with the price. If there is a price reduction after you've booked and there are no restrictions on that price such as new bookings only RCCL will make a price adjustment as long as it's before the final payment period.

Edited by xxoocruiser

The challenge of waiting is how full the cruise gets.

The longer you wait the cabins with the lower and higher prices go first and those with the better locations within each category go early too.

I would book early and if the price goes down followup with the better price and if it goes up then you did good. Also, just check the rules for cancellation.

Keith

I don't think you can book "the day before" anymore...

Need to call the cruise line and find out. Princess is two days ahead, Carnival can be booked that morning.

As others have said, most RC cruises sail close to capacity. You might not be able to wait that late to book. Check on the RC website and also the RC cruise critic board for more information. Haven't particularly looked for such a short cruise out of FLL. Looked quickly and could only find one 4 nighter - so that might also be a consideration.

Edited by PMcC1998

Only one 4 day sailing out of FLL on Royal in February, and that is 2/18 Independence. About half the categories are already sold out, so if you intend to sail then, you should book now. If you can extend to more days, you would have more options.

Find out the date that the down payment is due for your cruise and then book it a few days or weeks after. You risk not getting a cabin that you hoped for and the worse case is that there may be no cabins available at all. I think that is unlikely in the Caribbean in the winter. You will find some ship that works for you.

We booked a cruise one month before departure last year and that was our first time "last minute". There are some other downsides. On RCL, you will likely be assigned late seating, but that may not matter to you. Most people prefer early or anytime dining.