whats going on with jet blue and southwest

tommy47

almost every year my wife and I go on a cruise out of fort Lauderdale in January or February.going down the flights are always great arriving around 11:00 am on the day of the cruise on both jet blue or southwest direct flights. coming home after the cruise the flights are usually direct also around 10:00- 12:00am.all of a sudden this year the flights are at 8:30am and 5:30 pm. im wondering if the airlines are working with the hotels and tour people forcing you to either hang around all day or book a hotel and go out the next morning. does anyone have any thoughts on this? thank you

almost every year my wife and I go on a cruise out of fort Lauderdale in January or February.going down the flights are always great arriving around 11:00 am on the day of the cruise on both jet blue or southwest direct flights. coming home after the cruise the flights are usually direct also around 10:00- 12:00am.all of a sudden this year the flights are at 8:30am and 5:30 pm. im wondering if the airlines are working with the hotels and tour people forcing you to either hang around all day or book a hotel and go out the next morning. does anyone have any thoughts on this? thank you

Put the tin foil away, bro.

Airlines operate on schedules that fit best those of demand patterns and those within the capabilities of the airports they use. Unlike what most people on here think not everyone who is flying is going to and from a cruise.

They are all out to get you.

Just you....no one else.

And, since you make no mention of actual cities or dates, it's a little tough to try to give a rational answer.

So yes....it is ALL a giant conspiracy - one of the first joint ventures between the Masons and the Illuminati.

aall of a sudden this year the flights are at 8:30am and 5:30 pm. im wondering if the airlines are working with the hotels and tour people forcing you to either hang around all day or book a hotel

Do you mean that literally those are the ONLY flights, or those are the only ones at a less expensive price? And is there a particular reason you are only looking at Southwest and Jet Blue? There are scores of flights leaving throughout the day on a multitude of airlines. Surely you can find something leaving after 8:30am but before 5:30pm.

Laws of supply and demand. Just because you, as a cruiser need to get from point A* to FLL every year, it doesn't mean that everyone else does the same. WN and B6 change schedules according to supply and demand. Sounds like they no longer have the traffic to schedule those non stops (you did mean this instead of a plane that has a stop but you don't change off the plane) just for you.

My favorite airline (and home airline) used to have nonstop flights to many places at prime times; they have changed. It is just a fact of travel.

*I had to use "point A" because you never told us where you start your flights from. And, you DO know that those flights were never scheduled just to please cruisers, right?

Do you mean that literally those are the ONLY flights, or those are the only ones at a less expensive price? And is there a particular reason you are only looking at Southwest and Jet Blue? There are scores of flights leaving throughout the day on a multitude of airlines. Surely you can find something leaving after 8:30am but before 5:30pm.

I'm not seeing what he's seeing either. I priced Southwest flights to and from FLL in January and I saw afternoon flights. But without knowing the exact dates the OP is looking at, it's hard to say.

I booked the trip coming back on feb 7th superbowl sunday. I figured I would be home by game time with no problem. I always get a non stop flight to Hartford ct. that leaves usually between 10-12 and home by 3. i always try to get a non stop because of you never know when you have connecting flights in the winter. my chances are better with a direct flight. i booked this 3 months ago before jet blue or southwest posted their flights for this date.

I booked the trip coming back on feb 7th superbowl sunday. I figured I would be home by game time with no problem. I always get a non stop flight to Hartford ct. that leaves usually between 10-12 and home by 3. i always try to get a non stop because of you never know when you have connecting flights in the winter. my chances are better with a direct flight. i booked this 3 months ago before jet blue or southwest posted their flights for this date.

Sorry, missing any point here. Flight schedules are flight schedules. As others have stated, airlines make their schedules to maximize their operations, based on supply and demand. The Super Bowl is in California next Feb 7, so perhaps the airlines have shifted their flight schedules westward to handle the load across the Super Bowl weekend.

When you say "I always", it reminds me of the old adage about "always" and "never" in test questions--it raises a alert about the test question....

Putting capital letters in the appropriate places makes your post much easier to read and comprehend.

Edited by CruiserBruce