How many times have you changed your cabin?

We always book opening day so we can get the exact cabin we want, so other than when we've received a great deal on an upgrade, we've changed cabins exactly twice in the past 35 years. We have changed ships probably a half dozen times however.

I book our cruises very early. At least a year in advance. We rarely keep the same cabin that we originally booked. I just changed cabins for the 4th time (hopefully the last) on our upcoming Liberty cruise. I just keep finding better deals/locations. I can't help it! :cool:

Does anyone else do that? :D

Never have because when I book a cabin i'm sure that's the one I want.

Out of 33 cruises, twice. Only because the price dropped after final payment and was able to move up to a higher level at no extra charge. We don't really care where the cabin is, it's only a place to sleep. We book guarantees mostly, and haven't had a bad cabin yet.

Most recently, our September Oasis. Booked the best option we'd settle for just in case and then look for better options.

Originally a mid ship grand suite and we over time changed (as they became available by watching frequently) to one of the new deck 14 aft GS, then an aft deck 12 aft GS, and currently we have an aft deck 11 GS.

We seldom book without a path to something better - but nothing we wouldn't be completely satisfied if nothing better comes along.

John

I like this approach. I book the best cabin I'm willing to pay for at the time of booking, then I monitor for price drops or for certain cabins to open up. On our recent Princess cruise, I booked a specific cabin that I wanted to try, but I kept stalking the site for one of the coveted Emerald deck minisuites to open up. When one finally did, I grabbed it.

We're booked in an angled hump balcony on Harmony and I'd be happy to stay in the chosen cabin, but if prices drop and I can get a better cabin (D2 hump or a JS) for a sweeter price I may switch! :cool:

I book our cruises very early. At least a year in advance. We rarely keep the same cabin that we originally booked. I just changed cabins for the 4th time (hopefully the last) on our upcoming Liberty cruise. I just keep finding better deals/locations. I can't help it! :cool:

GUILTY!!!!

I believe I changed three times for my cruise. (sail in less than two weeks :D)

But have called more than that (6 in total?) due to price drops/different promos/better deals. Ended up saving ~$400 from when I originally booked which was also a cabin 3 categories lower!

Funny anecdote: I called for a promo got a representative who was going to put me in a cabin on deck 15 of Liberty... We both had a good laugh! Few days later, there was a new promo/better deal.. called back and the same rep was (un?)lucky to have me again. I asked him for deck 15. He laughed as he remembered me.

Forgot to add: Changed cabins mid cruise once too.

Getting ready for dinner, could hear our neighbors. Normal chatter, but very loud. I said something to my mom. She said well maybe it is just because they are getting ready, let it go, don't worry.

Then there was some banging at 2am. Called guest services and they would 'investigate'.

Final straw was the 5:00am wake up call from our loud neighbor's crying infant... then could hear the parents conversation... verbatim. I know kids cry, but the parents need to be more considerate. Went down to guest services that morning, three young kids next to us. We asked if there was any other cabin on the ship we could move. "ship is full. If someone gets off in Bermuda, we will let you know". Thankfully, by 11am, they found us a cabin. I do not want to wake up to crying kids on vacation!!!

Edited by Laney219

Sometimes! I almost always book very early, and that gives me lots of time to obsess. For our Serenade cruise last March, I booked almost 2 years out and never moved because I had the "perfect" cabin!:)

Oasis was another matter...I think the people at C&A drew straws to see who had to take my calls.:rolleyes: I booked in April for a November cruise. In seven months we changed sail dates, then moved from a JS to a GS to a CL(2), back to a GS, and then to a different GS all before final payment. After final payment we took advantage of some price drops to move to a CL(1), and then the biggie was one last move down to an Aqua Theater Suite on Deck 9!:D

I'm booked on the Liberty for November of 2016. I made the booking in March, and I've already moved. When prices dropped I saw that 1340, the center hump OS was available, and I grabbed it. I'm pretty happy with the price I got, and I don't see changing that one again.

For our upcoming cruise on FOS, we've changed twice. Started out with a JS that we booked while on-board, so we had booked a year out. As soon we got home, my husband said he'd like to try a GS. I made that change, and then always keep an eye on prices throughout the year. All OS's had been booked, but one morning two became available for not much more than what we'd paid for the GS so I grabbed 1320. I've also moved E2's on Mariner years ago when a center hump on deck 7 opened up.

GUILTY!!!!

I believe I changed three times for my cruise. (sail in less than two weeks :D)

But have called more than that (6 in total?) due to price drops/different promos/better deals. Ended up saving ~$400 from when I originally booked which was also a cabin 3 categories lower!

Funny anecdote: I called for a promo got a representative who was going to put me in a cabin on deck 15 of Liberty... We both had a good laugh! Few days later, there was a new promo/better deal.. called back and the same rep was (un?)lucky to have me again. I asked him for deck 15. He laughed as he remembered me.

Funny story!

I have changed our cabin only once and that was because a D-1 opened up on Deck 10 . We had a JS on the 1st of a b2b but dropped to a D-1 on the 2nd cruise due to the increased cost and were on Deck 9. When the D-1 opened up on Deck 10 we decided to stay on the same deck we had for the 1st cruise. Usually I book so early for us, I select the cabin of our choice and have no reason to move.

Edited by Desert Cruizers