How many times have you changed your cabin?

I book our cruises very early. At least a year in advance. We rarely keep the same cabin that we originally booked. I just changed cabins for the 4th time (hopefully the last) on our upcoming Liberty cruise. I just keep finding better deals/locations. I can't help it! :cool:

Does anyone else do that? :D

I don't normally change as I book so early that I book the exact cabin I want. The only time I change cabins otherwise is if I change categories.

In the past on the rare occasion I book later, I have changed once if a better or more preferred location becomes available.

Edited by Cruisingthesuitelife

I've changed 3 times on one cruise for the same reasons you've listed. However we always book as soon as the itineraries are released & usually get a corner aft or aft JS so we are where we want to be. Then the only time that I would change would be to a JS for no $ increase just to get the double points ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On one past cruise and on our upcoming cruise on Indy we switched from an aft balcony to a corner aft balcony when we saw it became available. So sometimes it pays to keep an eye on cabin availability leading up to the cruise! We scored 7708 on Indy 😊

For my upcoming cruise, I've changed my cabin 3 times, but I think I'm officially done. I do check periodically to see if the price drops as well, but it was mostly to see if I can get a better location. I'm good where I am now, so no more changing :)

We usually book as early as possible, and usually get the room we want.

But we booked a balcony on Westerdam, and after staying in our second balcony, we upgraded to a Signature Suite.

At one time, we had four cruises booked w/ balconies, and they're all either rebooked or upgraded.

We don't change cabins too often but we DO change ships and/or sail dates a lot. We also book far in advance but we (or I should say I) change my mind when I see a price drop on another ship and/or a price drop on the same ship for a different date.

I changed cabins 5 times on one cruise on the Explorer. Started with an inside cabin and eventually got a corner aft on deck 7, with hardly hardly any price increase. Got really lucky with that one. Someone gave up that cabin about a month or so before the cruise and I was on line at the right time to snatch it up. Best cabin balcony that I've ever had.

Gwen :)

Have only changed cabins once is all the years I've been cruising and that was only because a new category of cabins was added after I initially booked.

Typically book well in advance to get the cabin I want.

Edited by xxoocruiser

I've only done it once or twice before if a "better" cabin in the same category comes up. On my next cruise there was price drop on the balcony at one stage, so I switched from an inside to the balcony.

For next year's TA and the "pre-cruise cruise" before it I can see me being a bit more awkward. Trying to get the same cabin for both cruises has proved to be surprisingly difficult even 11 months out. There doesn't seem to be an easy way other than have two tabs open and try each cabin. I've got one that's just about Ok location-wise, but will spend some time later looking for better locations - doubt I'll find them though.

On most of our cruises we have changed cabins. There are certain GS cabins that we prefer and many times they are not available when we book, but come back into inventory. We also changed on the NOS from a GS to a RFS when they lowered both the price and the occupancy requirement very close to the cruise.

Luckily, on our upcoming cruise on the Liberty we booked way early and had our choice of GS cabins. Can't imagine we will be changing rooms since all the suites have been sold out for a long time.

We've only managed 3 cabin changes on one cruise. My rented tux had trouble keeping up. When it finally did, the two previous cabin numbers were crossed off the tag on the hanger. Hope I didn't piss off the tailor. :D

I've had some cruises where I've gotten the exact cabin I want right out of the gate, at what turns out to be the lowest fare and never modify the booking. Other times the booking could have 10, 15 or more modifiactions depending on pricing and what rooms become available. I'd say average for me is 2-3 fare changes and maybe 1-2 cabin/category changes.

A lot has to do with the specific ship, length of cruise and type of room I ultimately want

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72

Just once...but went from a Promenade room to a Promenade room with a Pullman bed (to give our kids the flexibility of both using the sofa bed OR one on sofa bed and one on Pullman bed. I was also eyeing a boardwalk room but too pricey.

We don't change cabins after booking with one exception. On our Panama Canal cruise, I had picked the cabin I wanted and when we checked in, HAL had changed our cabin. I was not a happy camper, but the lady smiled and said, "Just go look at it. You may like it better." Was she right! They had upgraded us from an ocean view to a Neptune Suite and from then on, that is all we booked. That was the only free upgrade we've ever received from any cruise line and we often wondered if it was because we were celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary.

On most of our cruises we have changed cabins. There are certain GS cabins that we prefer and many times they are not available when we book, but come back into inventory. We also changed on the NOS from a GS to a RFS when they lowered both the price and the occupancy requirement very close to the cruise.

Luckily, on our upcoming cruise on the Liberty we booked way early and had our choice of GS cabins. Can't imagine we will be changing rooms since all the suites have been sold out for a long time.

Just curious what GS rooms do you prefer we'll be on the freedom in sept our first GS and had booked suite 1298 but I have been worried about noise from the pool deck and all the other GS were sold out. I checked last week and 1248 became available so I switched because it's more towards the solarium entrance way and spa Hope I made the right decision.

Edited by mark22mac

Most recently, our September Oasis. Booked the best option we'd settle for just in case and then look for better options.

Originally a mid ship grand suite and we over time changed (as they became available by watching frequently) to one of the new deck 14 aft GS, then an aft deck 12 aft GS, and currently we have an aft deck 11 GS.

We seldom book without a path to something better - but nothing we wouldn't be completely satisfied if nothing better comes along.

John