Caribbean Princess

patrinka

It is a sewer smell not a garbage smell. I thought it was because the toilets were not flushing.

The smell was really bad on deck 12 but not all the time.I guess I have been lucky as I have never noticed it before on any ship I have been on.

I recall that as well. There was a sewer smell -- it wasn't near my

cabin, but I noticed it from time to time around the ship.

It has been a long time since I smelled that on a ship.

As the one who originally on this thread said stop reading reviews, I'd better answer this!

I've been a member of CC for a number of years now and I certainly did not join to read reviews. In fact, I've probably not read more than a dozen in all that time. Why join CC at all, you ask? I joined so that I could gain more factual (and I repeat factual) information about ports I wanted to visit, facilities on different ships and answers to specific queries. I also thought that I could contribute by answering questions. Where personal opinions on ships and cruises are concerned, I've come to know over the years which contributors are generally respected and can be relied upon - Pam in CA is one, there are plenty of others. I might read the odd review if I'm thinking of cruising to a new destination, say, but I never read a review of a ship once I've made a booking on it. To my mind, he time for research is before you book. Part of my pleasure in cruising is the anticipation. I always assume I'm going to have a great time (and oddly enough, I always have!). I don't want to be fretting about bad reviews.

Yeah, I agree anticipations is so much part of the whole experience! Love the positive attitude! And I agree about Pam in CA, love her post . . . I really enjoy several CC . . . am always amazed at how much Colo Cruiser knows!

Edited by West Coast Gal

We encountered on our cruise last week a sewage smell on deck 7 from Crooners down to the Explorers Lounge on occasions.

It's still there!!! We are on the ship now and it's also on deck 6 fwd and also on fwd part of the ship on other decks as well. They keep telling us its fixed but we kbow otherwise.

We have just book this cruise and although early wondered if anyone would be interested in tours in both Scotland and Ireland. We have used 2 companies that gave us exceptional service.

Also if anyone has insight into tours in Hamburg,Liverpool or Paris we would be interested at present there are 4 of us.

I was on the CB recently and would not recommend anyone to go on her for a cruise. She is the worst ship I have been on.

I was on CB in April. The Princess ship that I was most recently to that was Sapphire. Would I say that CB was as nice as Sapphire? No. But honestly, the differences were minor and incremental. Nothing rose to the level of recommending to folks that they not step foot on the ship. I guess a lot has to do with one's specific cabin, since that is where you spend the most time. Ours was fine. Not sparkling new. But not "avoid at all costs" dirty. Dining areas were fine. Bars and lounges were fine. Pools were fine. Again, is it the best ship in the fleet? No. Have they let it go to seed? No.

I just booked this ship for British isle's 2016 in June. While reviewing deck plans, the princess site asked if I'd be sailing before or after April 16. So something is happening to this ship in mid April. Dying to know what!

I just booked this ship for British isle's 2016 in June. While reviewing deck plans, the princess site asked if I'd be sailing before or after April 16. So something is happening to this ship in mid April. Dying to know what!

They are simply refiguring the cabin categories. Nothing structural.

Caribbean Princess was my first cruise. I fell in love so I could probably never see anything wrong with that ship. But I was aboard 9 days last fall and didn't find a single thing wrong. (well maybe one thing, the door handle on C706 would not close unless you slammed it. sorry neighbors.)

Edited by RMM34667
I had the wrong number of day

We have just book this cruise and although early wondered if anyone would be interested in tours in both Scotland and Ireland. We have used 2 companies that gave us exceptional service.

Also if anyone has insight into tours in Hamburg,Liverpool or Paris we would be interested at present there are 4 of us.

You need to join your roll call(s) and ask the questions there.

Find Your Princess Roll Call

No physical changes.