Diamond Lounge

Just back from a family cruise where we were able to use the Diamond Lounge for the first time. Our kids are in their 20s and we talked about future trips when they will be married. Is their spouse able to use the Diamond Lounge or do we just wave goodbye at the door?

Just back from a family cruise where we were able to use the Diamond Lounge for the first time. Our kids are in their 20s and we talked about future trips when they will be married. Is their spouse able to use the Diamond Lounge or do we just wave goodbye at the door?

If the spouses have the same residence address and are linked by Crown & Anchor, then they will have the same C&A level.

Spouses have the same C & A. My husband is D+ because of me, I cruise more than he does but since we're married and live at the same address, we have the same status. So if your kids are not D or not in a full suite (GS and above) they and their spouses won't have access to the Diamond Lounge.

Hello

IIRC if their future spouse already has a C&A number then they can be alligned to Diamond status but if they have never cruised I think they need to cruise one time in order to get an initial status, there was a good post on here recently about it.

hope this helps.

Thanks for the quick responses. Our kids are at the diamond status now. Their significant others have not cruised before but good to know they will have the diamond status once they do go on a cruise.

Note that it won't be automatic, and will need to be requested by your kids.

Just have your sons login to their accounts, sign up their spouses, then link their memberships. Only after their spouses have been signed up with C&A and linked with your sons will they be Diamond. If they wait till on a cruise, it will be more difficult (have to go through the Loyalty Ambassador) and might not happen.

Wow, so this means Diamond status can passed through generations?

Like for example, I've earned Diamond status the classic way by cruising and single, so my future wife gets Diamond after her first cruise.

Then our kids after their first cruise as well....

Then when our kids get married, their spouse gets to Diamond as well after their first cruise... then they have children, Diamond after first cruise as well....

So my grand children are now Diamonds.. and this goes forth...from great grand children to infinity.

Now my question is.... after a few generations, is RCCL going to have a problem of too many Diamonds by inheritance??

So the Diamond lounge will be very crowded.

Just a taught....

Wow, so this means Diamond status can passed through generations?

Like for example, I've earned Diamond status the classic way by cruising and single, so my future wife gets Diamond after her first cruise.

Then our kids after their first cruise as well....

Then when our kids get married, their spouse gets to Diamond as well after their first cruise... then they have children, Diamond after first cruise as well....

So my grand children are now Diamonds.. and this goes forth...from great grand children to infinity.

Now my question is.... after a few generations, is RCCL going to have a problem of too many Diamonds by inheritance??

So the Diamond lounge will be very crowded.

Just a taught....

No, once the kids get old enough, their status will be based on the cruises they actually took. So if they have sailed enough to be diamond at 21, they will be diamond, but if they sailed just once (as a diamond) they will be gold.

No, once the kids get old enough, their status will be based on the cruises they actually took. So if they have sailed enough to be diamond at 21, they will be diamond, but if they sailed just once (as a diamond) they will be gold.

This is not true. When a child turns 18, they keep the level of their parents, but their points revert to their own. So they could be Diamond Plus with 3 points.

nope. my kids inherited my diamond status while still kids and they, and there spouses have it now. The new spouse no longer has to wait to take a first RCCL cruise. They share the status with residence immediately

This is not true. When a child turns 18, they keep the level of their parents, but their points revert to their own. So they could be Diamond Plus with 3 points.

Only if they sail with their parents, right?

I had thought that once out on your own, you are the points that you have.

edit- not that it matters to me- don't have kids. And still haven't seen the lounges THAT crowded.

Edited by alfaeric

nope. my kids inherited my diamond status while still kids and they, and there spouses have it now. The new spouse no longer has to wait to take a first RCCL cruise. They share the status with residence immediately

So in short, in future generations, there will be lots of D's or even D+'s who just inherited their status either by marriage or by birth rather than earned it like most of us first generations did.

Pinnacle I know cannot be inherited.

If you think about it, I am not sure if this will be viable for RCCL few generations from now, as they are giving away a lot of freebies to us Diamonds and up that erodes their onboard revenue if we have grown too many.

For example, unless you are an extremely heavy drinker, Diamonds don't need any drink packages anymore since we have unlimited drinks during the daily happy hours.

Depends on the sailing region, some sailings do get full of Diamonds that the Viking crown served as overflow, and the fact that Diamonds are not allowed in CL anymore and they improvised the 3 Diamonds drinks a day to de-congest the Diamond lounge means it do gets crowded in some sailings.

Edited by roquejo

edit- not that it matters to me- don't have kids. And still haven't seen the lounges THAT crowded.

When a child turns 18 they keep the status they have to that point, however, they only have the points they have earned themselves. They are on their own to get to the next level.

no, you never get your status taken away. once a diamond, always a diamond even if you inherited it as a kid. Believe me, I wish I could take my son's xwifes diamond status back. :eek: ;);) :rolleyes:

They just changed the one cruise rule too. My new son in law is now a diamond with no Royal Caribbean Cruises under his belt.

Edited by ccletzgo

I thought the recent rule change was just you could sign up for C&A before your first cruise; but you still had to complete the first cruise to get a spouse or child match. Am I misunderstanding this?

So if I make a C&A account for my son what happens?

A: Instant Diamond upon making the account before completing his first cruise.

OR

B: Signed up with C&A number but no status; becomes my Diamond level after first completed cruise.

I thought the recent rule change was just you could sign up for C&A before your first cruise; but you still had to complete the first cruise to get a spouse or child match. Am I misunderstanding this?

So if I make a C&A account for my son what happens?

A: Instant Diamond upon making the account before completing his first cruise.

OR

B: Signed up with C&A number but no status; becomes my Diamond level after first completed cruise.

I believe "B" is correct.

I believe "B" is correct.

My new Son In Law has been assigned a C & A number AND has a diamond status. (Same address as DD) Has NEVER cruised. It was done and confirmed through the C & A dept. Yep I know things always change, but this is what just transpired for us.

Edited by ccletzgo

My new Son In Law has been assigned a C & A number AND has a diamond status. (Same address as DD) Has NEVER cruised. It was done and confirmed through the C & A dept. Yep I know things always change, but this is what just transpired for us.

Thanks for the update. Maybe that is one of the changes that comes from being able to join C&A before the first cruise.

We just completed a cruise with my sister and her family. Sister and BIL are Diamond. Their 19 year-old son was "demoted" to Emerald which is what he had earned on cruises he took with the family. Their 17 year-old daughter still had Diamond status. If she was older, she too would have been Emerald status based on her cruises.

We just completed a cruise with my sister and her family. Sister and BIL are Diamond. Their 19 year-old son was "demoted" to Emerald which is what he had earned on cruises he took with the family. Their 17 year-old daughter still had Diamond status. If she was older, she too would have been Emerald status based on her cruises.

Most likely the 19 year-old got demoted to whatever the parents level was when he turned 18. Children are not supposed to stay linked with their parents after they turn 18, but Royal does not catch it all the time. It's usually caught when the child has their first cruise after turning 18.

Edited by clarea

Most likely the 19 year-old got demoted to whatever the parents level was when he turned 18. Children are not supposed to stay linked with their parents after they turn 18, but Royal does not catch it all the time. It's usually caught when the child has their first cruise after turning 18.

Based on RCI's website, we were all expecting the downgrade to Emerald. Just wanted to confirm for everyone since there seemed to be some confusion as to when/if children lose unearned status based on parent's cruises.

Based on RCI's website, we were all expecting the downgrade to Emerald. Just wanted to confirm for everyone since there seemed to be some confusion as to when/if children lose unearned status based on parent's cruises.

I just want to emphasize that children are not supposed to get demoted to the level of their earned points. They are supposed to keep the level that their parents had on the child's 18th birthday. Any apparent demotion is supposed to be because Royal missed unlinking the child after their 18th birthday, and the child gained a level they should not have had. The demotion has nothing to do with the child's point level, or lack thereof.