What could I possibly forget?!?

blubonnet

Good Morning Fellow-Cruisers,

I have 5 days before my in-laws (mother, father, sister, brother, and darling nephew) join me and the hubster for their first cruise.

Since I booked everything, including staterooms, shore excursions, and selected meal-time I feel their happiness and my future vacations maybe sitting in my hands.

So, I turn to you good people! Is there anything you would find or have found helpful to making your first cruise a success?

My in-laws are type A people (which is not a bad thing) but I'd like this to be pleasant, enjoyable vacation for all.

Help please?!?

You've done enough....the more YOU do and tell them, the least likely they are to find it as wonderful as you've been saying, over and over and over and over.....

Now...sit back and LET THEM DISCOVER THEY JOYS OF CRUISING! There should be surprises! They should have to figure things out on their own....so let them! And, for "A" types, they ENJOY doing and discovering!

Enjoy their wonderment!!!

I have 5 days before my in-laws (mother, father, sister, brother, and darling nephew) join me and the hubster for their first cruise.

Since I booked everything, including staterooms, shore excursions, and selected meal-time I feel their happiness and my future vacations maybe sitting in my hands.

So, I turn to you good people! Is there anything you would find or have found helpful to making your first cruise a success?

My in-laws are type A people (which is not a bad thing) but I'd like this to be pleasant, enjoyable vacation for all.

Help please?!?

Make sure that you have Bonine available to combat any seasickness issues. You can't control the ocean but it never hurts to be proactive on this one issue. Other than that just go with the flow. (I assume that everyone brings the rest of their own meds, cameras, electronics, and appropriate chargers.)

Help please?!?

Make sure they have either their passports or their birth certificate and govt issued photo id.

Also, best to have ptinted out cruise boarding ticket to make checkin go faster.

Do NOT feel you must all spend every minute together, not even all meals.

Enjoy the freedom of freestyle cruising.

Have fun!

Make sure they have either their passports or their birth certificate and govt issued photo id.

Also, best to have ptinted out cruise boarding ticket to make checkin go faster.

Do NOT feel you must all spend every minute together, not even all meals.

Enjoy the freedom of freestyle cruising.

Have fun!

Do have a last minute checklist of items that each one should bring -- especially the documents. You don't want everyone to arrive at the pier and someone realizes they let their passport behind.

And don't plan out every second of every one's day -- don't be joined at the hip (even in port, maybe your mother in law wants to sightsee and someone else wants to hang at the beach). Some people are on different schedules.

But I don't think the OP is going on a NCL cruise. And some people actually enjoy having assigned dining (that's one less decision for my hubby and I to make every night on a cruise -- we know when and where we're eating).

Just mkae sure you have the essentials. Like chargers, cameras, extra batteries if needed for your camera. Toiletries, I personally don't use what carnival provides in the dispenser.

Otherwise don't try to over plan. There's so much to do and see, especially on your first cruise. You can make yourself crazy with trying to "do it all". I think if you have your transportation planned to galveston, transportation to the port, hotel, cruise booked, and dining choice booked? Oh gosh you have done plenty!