Portside Access Brisbane

It's been a while since we departed from Brisbane and I'd like to know if it's easy to walk from a motel on Kingsford Smith Drive over to Portside. I recall a busy intersection at Nudgee Rd?, but I'm not sure if here is a pedestrian crossing.

I'd book a motel room close by if others have walked over.

Thanks.

It's been a while since we departed from Brisbane and I'd like to know if it's easy to walk from a motel on Kingsford Smith Drive over to Portside. I recall a busy intersection at Nudgee Rd?, but I'm not sure if here is a pedestrian crossing.

Thanks.

Maybe you could email the motel and ask them how far motel is from Portside and ease of pedestrian access across busy Kingsford Smith Drive.

Thanks.

No problems crossing the road as there is a pedestrian crossing.;)

The footpath is not paved down from Nudgee Rd, so you have to drag the suitcases on the grass or go on the road. We catch a bus (300) to the last stop on Racecourse Rd then walk to the port via Harbour Rd and Hercules St via a shortcut through the "shopping center". About half a Km walk and paved all the way. Catching a bus would open up your options with accommodation.

Thanks.

We stayed at the Airport Ascot Motel, 550 Kingsford Smith Drive, Hamilton, in 2012 the night before and the night after our cruise. We walked to and back from the cruise terminal and found it quite an easy walk. Just take care on the footpath along Kingsford Smith Drive to Nudgee Road as it is quite narrow and tree roots have lifted the path in a few places.

We found the Airport Ascot Motel to be just what we needed for a night's stay. When we arrived back there after disembarking just after 8.30am, we were able to check in, even though we planned to just drop our luggage off. The current Trip Advisor reviews are quite positive.

Leigh

We stayed at the Airport Ascot Motel, 550 Kingsford Smith Drive, Hamilton, in 2012 the night before and the night after our cruise. We walked to and back from the cruise terminal and found it quite an easy walk. Just take care on the footpath along Kingsford Smith Drive to Nudgee Road as it is quite narrow and tree roots have lifted the path in a few places.

We found the Airport Ascot Motel to be just what we needed for a night's stay. When we arrived back there after disembarking just after 8.30am, we were able to check in, even though we planned to just drop our luggage off. The current Trip Advisor reviews are quite positive.

Leigh

We've stayed there last year before o'seas flights, Leigh. Nice motel, but we couldn't find any eateries close by. Decided on the Riverview Motel up near the Hamilton Hotel and Dan Murphy's (for wine purchases). Riverview's owner offered to drive us to Portside, if we didn't want to walk the 1 km with luggage. That's service!

Hi Anna,

A few years ago we stayed at Aero Lodge, an easy walk to portside with luggage. We were able to leave our car there for the week for free (they had a deal on when I booked).

When we disembarked I walk back to get the car while hubby stayed with the luggage. I would stay there again if we drove to Brisbane.

Edit: just read a few posts above and see you have decided where to stay, have fun!

Chez

Edited by cheznandy

We've stayed there last year before o'seas flights, Leigh. Nice motel, but we couldn't find any eateries close by. Decided on the Riverview Motel up near the Hamilton Hotel and Dan Murphy's (for wine purchases). Riverview's owner offered to drive us to Portside, if we didn't want to walk the 1 km with luggage. That's service!

Both evenings we ate at the Hamilton Hotel. Great steaks! It is only about a 500m walk there from the Airport Ascot Motel.

Leigh

Hi guys.

Hope we are not cruel-ling the subject of thread, but "Portside" answers are not easily found, and it seems many of you have both embarked and disembarked from here..

We will be arriving back to Hamilton for the first time, and looking at what "red tape" may be experienced here after a S Pacific cruise.

In your experience, how long do ships doing round trips from here take to be cleared by customs/immigration?

(Info will hopefully help with flight bookings)

Thanks team CC :)

Sue and Phil.

Edited by Big Kev

Hi guys.

Hope we are not cruel-ling the subject of thread, but "Portside" answers are not easily found, and it seems many of you have both embarked and disembarked from here..

We will be arriving back to Hamilton for the first time, and looking at what "red tape" may be experienced here after a S Pacific cruise.

In your experience, how long do ships doing round trips from here take to be cleared by customs/immigration?

(Info will hopefully help with flight bookings)

Thanks team CC :)

Sue and Phil.

We arrived back on Pacific Jewel on a Sunday. Last port of call was PNG. We docked at 0600. We were on deck 10. We were off by 0900, we took our time as we had anytime dis-embarkation. Customs and immigration was quick. Taxi's were not a problem and we were at Roma Street before 1000.

Both evenings we ate at the Hamilton Hotel. Great steaks! It is only about a 500m walk there from the Airport Ascot Motel.

Leigh

Good to know Leigh. Last time we hunted for an eatery while staying at the AA, we only got as far as the service station. Had we gone a little futher, we'd have enjoyed a good steak.

We arrived back on Pacific Jewel on a Sunday. Last port of call was PNG. We docked at 0600. We were on deck 10. We were off by 0900, we took our time as we had anytime dis-embarkation. Customs and immigration was quick. Taxi's were not a problem and we were at Roma Street before 1000.

I have a similar disembarking query. Has anyone been held up arriving in Brisbane at the scheduled 7:00am? We'll be coming back from the Qld coastal cruise. I wanted to book a 10:40am flight home or should I choose the next one (about noon) to be on the safe side?

Does Princess offer the shuttle to Brisbane airport? I visualise a long taxi queue otherwise.

Great to know, thanks.:D

I have a similar disembarking query. Has anyone been held up arriving in Brisbane at the scheduled 7:00am? We'll be coming back from the Qld coastal cruise. I wanted to book a 10:40am flight home or should I choose the next one (about noon) to be on the safe side?

Does Princess offer the shuttle to Brisbane airport? I visualise a long taxi queue otherwise.

I would select the later flight, traffic to the airport can be congested especially at peak times. Less stressful.;)

Hi Anna,

A few years ago we stayed at Aero Lodge, an easy walk to portside with luggage. We were able to leave our car there for the week for free (they had a deal on when I booked).

When we disembarked I walk back to get the car while hubby stayed with the luggage. I would stay there again if we drove to Brisbane.

Edit: just read a few posts above and see you have decided where to stay, have fun!

Chez

That was a good deal, Chez, but too far for us to drive.