Pants instead of formal gown?

Here are the dressier black sandals I wear to the office:

http://www.keenfootwear.com/product/shoes/women/rose-leather

Because my feet are a little wide, I got them 1/2 size larger than normal and they're really comfy, if not a bit long in the toe box.

Hi Sandy:)....unless I am missing something, those sandals look

like walking sandals......they aren't dressy....are you sure you posted

the right link?

Hi, I know you posted the photo of your maxi dress on the other thread.

You could wear that dress any evening:D....it is really nice and can

be dressed up or down:)

Thanks Lois :D:D I am planning on bringing it along on my next cruise and will definitely wear it on one of the formal nights! (I will also bring along the black silky pants and fancy top too of course... );)

Hi Sandy:)....unless I am missing something, those sandals look

like walking sandals......they aren't dressy....are you sure you posted

the right link?

Hi Lois :D - yes, those are the "dressier" Keen sandals. Good enough for me to wear to work with black pants. Everybody's used to me wearing ugly orthotic shoes anyway so I was thrilled to find these "nicer" ones, lol. I've even worn them with a skirt once :eek:.

I'm supposed to wear shoes that don't bend or twist. They only come in "ugly" - sigh.

Hope you're doing well! We've been doing alot of camping in the RV. But just lost our beloved dog so very sad right now. She was our only "kid" - we met late in life (on a cruise) and neither of us had kids, just the black lab.

Edited by Sandy Sails

Hi Lois :D - yes, those are the "dressier" Keen sandals. Good enough for me to wear to work with black pants. Everybody's used to me wearing ugly orthotic shoes anyway so I was thrilled to find these "nicer" ones, lol. I've even worn them with a skirt once :eek:.

I'm supposed to wear shoes that don't bend or twist. They only come in "ugly" - sigh.

Hope you're doing well! We've been doing alot of camping in the RV. But just lost our beloved dog so very sad right now. She was our only "kid" - we met late in life (on a cruise) and neither of us had kids, just the black lab.

Hi Sandy:)...oh, ok....I haven't ever owned Keen's so didn't realize

that is a dressier style for them.

Sorry about you pup:(.....hope you are doing ok.

You met your husband on a cruise? How neat is that:D

Mom wears an older version of this Merrell slide (Terrren Slide) with black socks. Under long black slacks not many notice.

http://www.merrell.com/US/en/terran-slide/17534W.html?dwvar_17534W_color=J21762#cgid=women-footwear-sandals&start=1

Cuts down on her packing and her feet are comfortable. Most cruises she just brings these and a pair of sneakers.

• 2 weeks later...

All my formal night clothes are pants outfits, and I have a selection of lovely chiffon / georgette jackets I wear with them. This is an example of one outfit I have. I have additional jackets I wear with the tank and pants. The flowered one is another formal night, and the black/turquoise is for non-formal nights.:

412359587_Turquoisesparklysuit.jpg.1b2fff7aadc20f08bc00f49db6476d71.jpg

129208415_Black_turqchiffonjkt.jpg.f2f37aea7f6dbca4f5f2fb54a676fc4c.jpg

782584545_LiznMefloraljacket.jpg.3f1b268eac28827383eba512f9de7f40.jpg

Edited by pcur

I love palazzo pants and a nice top as formal wear.

My set for my next cruise is similar to this:

2015-Modern-Black-Plus-Size-Mother-of-the-Bride-font-b-Pant-b-font-font-b.jpg

I just have the previous year's version from the same store. Mine is more a jacket and I have either a silvery or a black shimmery tank to wear with.

I broke my ankle in 3 places a few years ago. I'm so terrified of breaking it again that I went to flats on cruise ships because of so many slippery surfaces. I wear a pair of black patent flats with a pointed toe. Dressy enough or not, my slacks and sequined tops and my flats are what I carry.

I love palazzo pants and a nice top as formal wear.

My set for my next cruise is similar to this:

2015-Modern-Black-Plus-Size-Mother-of-the-Bride-font-b-Pant-b-font-font-b.jpg

I just have the previous year's version from the same store. Mine is more a jacket and I have either a silvery or a black shimmery tank to wear with.

Where did you purchase it? It is gorgeous!

I also wore nice black pants on both formal nights on my cruise last summer. I wore dressy tops and nice shoes-can't remember if they were sandals or low heels.

I was definitely not the dressiest woman there by any means, but there were many people dressed very casually. I would say there were 20-25% of the ladies that were very dressy and then I fell in the next 25% with my dressy pants and tops, along with women in nice dresses that weren't totally formal.

What kind of shoes do you wear?

I can't wear heels anymore, and I don't really miss them, even tho' they do look nice. Do you wear flats? loafer-type? laced walking shoes?

Sue

With pants, I wear a low heeled slingback or flats in patent leather.

http://www.easyspirit.com/Liselle-Pointy-Toe-Slingback-Dress-Shoes/56373984,default,pd.html?variantColor=JJ0XVA6&variantSize=070&variantWidth=M&ep_tag=rkgBPLA

or a flat in patent leather

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=flat+shoes+dressy&view=detailv2&&id=84D94E7805265DE15D845123A11DFF630096E875&selectedIndex=27&ccid=MTqJbBQH&simid=607986573134790757&thid=JN.HAlYTZArPZgjc5jUZloOyQ&ajaxhist=0

• 4 months later...

I am also a lover of the dressy slacks, normally black crepe, and a silky or sparkly top. I am now trying to figure out what to wear for our first Crystal cruise next August-September from Alaska over the top to NYC. There are only 2 black tie optional nights and we may do room service those nights. But does anyone know exactly how dressy "Crystal Casual" is for the other 30 days? This cruise comes with custom parkas and I get cold easily in AC so was thinking of many of my cashmere sweaters, lots of good bling jewelry, two pairs of flat smoking slipper style shoes for evening and hope to find some dress pants that are warm. If anyone has brand/designer name ideas I could really use some guidance on the casual evening wear like EF, Lafayette, Exclusively Misook, etc.

Edited by NorthernLite

The few times it has been asked the answers are way too general to be much help. Well, except "Chrystal Casual" adds dressy slacks to dresses and skirts so they obviously are above Azamara where non-blue jeans are now OK in the MDR. I will check out You Tube videos for hints. Thanks!