How durable are the RCL luggage tags?

Hi, RCL just mailed me the luggage tags for our upcoming cruise. I had thought they would be more durable but they are just the cheap peel-off sticker kind. I'm now wondering if these will be durable. What are people's experiences? Would we be better off printing out the tags and then buying the tag holders with plastic loops from Amazon? On a side note, I'm amazed that RCL charges people for these tags - they were free for me but there's no way I would pay $30 or $35 for them....

I folded the ones they sent me and stuck them in the tag holders I bought off Amazon. These are similar to the ones I got... I like the steel loops (the ones I got are sold out right now)

Edited by LilBlackDress

Hi, RCL just mailed me the luggage tags for our upcoming cruise. I had thought they would be more durable but they are just the cheap peel-off sticker kind. I'm now wondering if these will be durable. What are people's experiences? Would we be better off printing out the tags and then buying the tag holders with plastic loops from Amazon? On a side note, I'm amazed that RCL charges people for these tags - they were free for me but there's no way I would pay $30 or $35 for them....

Never lost any of the RCI mailed luggage tags. Very durable IMHO

I have seen torn disembarkation tags several times laying in the hallway

the morning before you leave the ship. I put mine into the same plastic sleeve

style tags I use for embarkation, but I still always ask for two per bag. If one

does get torn off, hopefully the other will survive. And it has happened.

I use plastic bookmark sleeves. These clear plastic sleeves are made to be filled with a personally create bookmark. Once the luggage tags are printed and folded, the sleeve is a perfect fit.

At the top of the sleeves I purchased, is a point with a hole to attach a tassel or ribbon. I folded that point portion over, used a handheld hole punch, and punched a hole that aligned in the rectangular portion of the bookmark and attached them to luggage with one of those threaded electrical ties. Use nail clippers to remove the ties.

These have never failed me yet and have re-used them on several cruises.

I have had the luggage tag RCI provides when you disembark that was ripped off when I found my bag. Luckily my luggage is of a color that is easy to spot from afar because it was in a different area from where it was supposed to be. Thankfully it took less then 5 minutes to locate it.

Shak

The mailed tags are the same as the ones that the porters use, just pre-printed with all of the information. They are also the same as the disembarkation tags.

I've never had an issue with mailed tags, porter tags (I don't do the print/fold/staple) or disembarkation tags.