No Dynamic Dining on Oasis Class

Our confirmation copy for the Harmony 2016 Xmas n New Years reservations states that we are on Classic 2 Dining. We r going to be really disappointed if they r going to do away with DD on Oasis class. We really enjoyed the DD on our B2B 19 nights on Anthem last May.

I saw it on another site - a popular and reputable royal "blog" site - and the headline read "Royal Caribbean cancels Dynamic Dining for Oasis class cruise ships". The story goes on to say that RC announced it has decided not to add Dynamic Dining to the rest of the fleet, including the Oasis class cruise ships.

I hated DD. But there are a lot of passengers that enjoyed it more than traditional. They deserve a few ships that supply what they want.

All this news does not FIX all of the empty tables at traditional late seating.

I agree there are many empty tables on late seating. The interesting thing is that we are usually waitlisted for late seating--no matter when we book. :eek:

Also bitterly disappointed. Whilst I won't stop sailing royal I'll certainly be considering other options more so now. I am so bored with the MDR menus and disappointed with the decrease in choice and quality. My limited experience of DD on a 3-day Anthem cruise got me excited about DD.

What a shame they squandered all that money on remodelling the dining rooms and researching and creating innovative new menus. My only hope is that at least they introduce some of the DD menu items to reinvigorate the current tired and dull MDR menus.

i guess they will leave that market to NCL that has been successful with it. i never set foot in the main dining rooms anymore, food is just not worth rather have choices of venues. Main dining room takes up too much space.

Yippee!

Count me as a happy lady! Hubsters and I enjoy the company of new friends each evening at a great big table. Fun conversation with interesting people---Royal has rarely let us down with table companions.

If they had decided to refit ships other than Oasis, we would be shopping for a new cruiseline.

BEST news? Sounds like Royal will continue to listen to it's guests----one of the things I have always appreciated about them.

Another disappointed cruiser. Was looking forward to trying all the different menus on the Harmony and was wracking my brains as to whether the cruise was too short (5N) to try everything. Now that they are all serving the main menu in the four complimentary MDRs, it's a simpler choice. Just between Coastal Kitchen, MDR or a specialty restaurant (well, still a huge variety but you get what I mean).

I booked Harmony in June and chose Dynamic Dining. When I received the invoice, it said "anytime dining". So there you go. I'm still looking forward to it, but hope for some variety in the menus! I don't mind paying extra for one specialty dinner, but would rather not have to do more than that.

So nice to see that finally RCI is going to listen to their passengers who almost universally HATE Dynamic Dining. Too bad their retreat can't be extended to Quantum Class ships; however they were designed around the concept and do not have a large dining room space/area.

I'm glad to see this go. Poorly conceived and even more poorly executed concept on Royal's part IMO.

Exactly right! In RCCL's zest to best NCL's concept, they shot themselves in the foot. MTD should have been enough of a change but someone in mgmt. was "sold" on DD and made a mess of things along with the new and improved computer reservation system that didn't work. RIP to DD.:eek:

Unfortunately, Bayonne will still have a ship with DD.

MARAPRINCE

So nice to see that finally RCI is going to listen to their passengers who almost universally HATE Dynamic Dining. Too bad their retreat can't be extended to Quantum Class ships; however they were designed around the concept and do not have a large dining room space/area.

Actually, if you look up through the posts on this thread, I think you will find just the opposite.

Most people are saying they are disappointed with this news.

Edited by little britain

Actually, if you look up through the posts on this thread, I think you will find just the opposite.

Most people are saying they are disappointed with this news.

Most people HERE. As many say...this is just a very small subset of those who actually cruise.

Count us in the very happy group. Before we made reservations for a land tour we considered a cruise but when we found out it was scheduled to be a DD ship we quickly scratched it off the list of vacation options.

Ships below Quantum Class weren't designed to accommodate the Dynamic Dining concept and RCI apparently, though belatedly, recognized that fact. However, we aren't part of that universe who "Hate Dynamic Dining" and found it worked extremely well on Quantum and should have equal success on Anthem. Having so many different menu choices instead of being limited to the set menus in a main dining room, even though they changed nightly, Windjammer, or extra fee specialty restaurants was a positive in our view.

What I find funny is the majority that "universally HATE" Dynamic Dining have never even tried it :cool: Im not saying you have or have not tried DD. Im just saying.

Reminds me of the NOOTS group around here several years ago that "universally HATE" Oasis class before they even sailed on one. Most of them have now changed their minds about Oasis class.

Very Disappointed with Royal's decision. I believe "Choice" is ALWAYS a good thing! In the last 5 months.....I've been leaning back to Oasis Class just because of the DD. Even booked 3 Harmony cruises a month ago. As others have said....the MDR menus are getting very mundane.

Couldn't they just let Harmony and Oasis 4 stay DD??

Regardless of whether this disappoints you or makes you happy, I believe this is a HUGE embarrassment on the part of Royal Caribbean. To go through such great lengths advertising and promoting this on their website, renaming/redecorating the dining rooms and getting "some" people hyped for it and then to cancel it on non-Quantum ships...seems like a disaster to me. A true embarrassment.

I was really hoping this would work itself out. It seems like they didn't put enough thought it in regarding the logistics before unveiling it. If it would've had a smoother unrolling, perhaps they could've implemented it.

As a person who has done Dynamic Dining, I am very happy and very excited that I will not have to do it on the Harmony. I was not looking forward to this.

I see a lot of the people who have posted on this thread that said they were disappointed, have not yet done the DD. Those people going on the Quantum class will still have that experience if they want.

I am not happy about the money Royal wasted in redoing some of the dining rooms.

All of this could have been solved very easily with a few small questions to previous cruisers, such as, "Do you think you would enjoy dining in multiple venues with different wait staff?" Small things like this would have probably saved huge amounts of money and time being waste.

Most people HERE. As many say...this is just a very small subset of those who actually cruise.

Count us in the very happy group. Before we made reservations for a land tour we considered a cruise but when we found out it was scheduled to be a DD ship we quickly scratched it off the list of vacation options.

because you think you wouldnt have to make dining reservations on land?

because you think you wouldnt have to make dining reservations on land?

Actually, no...I will not make reservations on land. Well, probably one night but we are not certain.

And for those who say "How do you know you don't like something until you try it?"...well, I have never tried eating fresh Buffalo poop but I am pretty sure I don't like it. :eek: :p

Regardless of whether this disappoints you or makes you happy, I believe this is a HUGE embarrassment on the part of Royal Caribbean. To go through such great lengths advertising and promoting this on their website, renaming/redecorating the dining rooms and getting "some" people hyped for it and then to cancel it on non-Quantum ships...seems like a disaster to me. A true embarrassment.

I was really hoping this would work itself out. It seems like they didn't put enough thought it in regarding the logistics before unveiling it. If it would've had a smoother unrolling, perhaps they could've implemented it.

Even though I am glad they have changed their decision I can agree with this to a degree. It is an embarrassment. However, in business it is very important to recognize your mistakes quickly and correct them as soon as you recognize them. In this case it is easy to sell (spin).