Chops Grille

I have 2 questions about Chops. I think we paid $30 pp last time but I think the price has gone up. Could someone verify the price for me? We will be on Oasis in January.

Also does anyone have a kids menu they could post? We are thinking of taking our dd who will be 4 (so looks like she will be free yeah!!) Is that frowned upon by most to have a child in specialty dining venue's? We've been on several cruises alone and bringing her on her first (we think she's old enough for us all to enjoy it now) so we really don't want to use the child care.

Thanks for the input!

I have 2 questions about Chops. I think we paid $30 pp last time but I think the price has gone up. Could someone verify the price for me? We will be on Oasis in January.

Also does anyone have a kids menu they could post? We are thinking of taking our dd who will be 4 (so looks like she will be free yeah!!) Is that frowned upon by most to have a child in specialty dining venue's? We've been on several cruises alone and bringing her on her first (we think she's old enough for us all to enjoy it now) so we really don't want to use the child care.

Thanks for the input!

Chops is either $35 or $39 per person. If children order off the kids menu, their cost is $8. Sorry, I've not see an example of the Chops kids menu, but there's no problem bringing kids to specialty restaurants.

Thanks for the input!

Chops is now $39.00 pp on Oasis with a downgraded menu. Not as many options as before the menu change. For about an additional $20.00 pp you can get what Royal calls a "Something Special" steak (a prime cut). Imo Royal is trying to increase revenue by down grading the base menu and charging above the cover for the "Best Steak on the High Seas" as advertised in the daily cruise planner. Similar to what they are doing with increasing the price of drinks and their drink packages.

As far as kids go, we have no problem with them in the speciality restaurants.

Have a great time with your family!

This doesn't apply to me, but I thought I remembered a rule, maybe its changed, where if you have a child they will only make reservations for before 7pm.

FYI paid $35 on Freedom last May. I have heard a few people mention paying $39 seems an odd number and this is one area RC is usually consistent.

This doesn't apply to me, but I thought I remembered a rule, maybe its changed, where if you have a child they will only make reservations for before 7pm....

This used to be the case Bill, but it changed a couple of years ago and there's no restriction now.

This used to be the case Bill, but it changed a couple of years ago and there's no restriction now.

Good to know, I hadn't heard that. It will be 5-6 years before we cruise with a child, so it will probably change again!

Is this the case for all specialty dining? I personally find that a bit disappointing. I rather enjoyed the respite from the little ones that came with a late dining reservation...

This doesn't apply to me, but I thought I remembered a rule, maybe its changed, where if you have a child they will only make reservations for before 7pm.

FYI paid $35 on Freedom last May. I have heard a few people mention paying $39 seems an odd number and this is one area RC is usually consistent.

Odd number or not the last three times we were on Oasis it was $39.00 and that is what the op was asking about.

Odd number or not the last three times we were on Oasis it was $39.00 and that is what the op was asking about.

I am capable of reading and did read the OP's message and I did mention seeing several reviews and people had mentioned that price. I still am allowed the luxury of finding it odd. This an area I have never seen RC be inconsistent about and can't help wondering what their logic is/was. It's too early for me to try and book to see what Oasis is charging today.

Edited by BillOh

I honestly don't know if the kids menus are the same if you're paying the $8 fee or if they're going for free because they're younger or night. However, my 7 year old ate off the kids menu and it mirrored the adult menu, just at a lower price. He order the shrimp cocktail and it was the same shrimp cocktail that they serve to adults. He was quite pleased.

The pricing does seem to vary by ship. On the Jewel and our upcoming Brilliance cruise, the price is $30 per person. I, personally, wasn't impressed by the food or service, but we're going to give it another try largely because we have a complimentary dinner from our TA and because I realize we could have had a one off experience. That said, I haven't been overly impressed with most steak restaurants on any of the lines.

Is this the case for all specialty dining? I personally find that a bit disappointing. I rather enjoyed the respite from the little ones that came with a late dining reservation...

I don't believe there are any age restrictions anymore.

Here is what Royal says:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=336&faqSubjectName=Food+%26+Beverage&faqId=6049

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=336&faqSubjectName=Food+%26+Beverage&faqId=3233

We paid $24pp on Legend after doing a free "food tour" which gave us a 20% discount on the normal $30pp rate. $39pp sounds a bit steep to me.

It is steep, and imo not worth it with the new downgraded menu.

We took our children to Chops and Izumi on the Serenade in June, both at around 7 PM. Children were very welcome. At Chops they politely asked (when making the reservation) to please mind the other diners, which to me was a reasonable request. Had there been any issues with our children acting out, we would've left the restaurant. We all had a good time :)