Gelato included in All-Inclusive Beverage Package

ndjoe

Taking a Mediterranean cruise on the Royal Princess next year, and have the complimentary AIBP. If you purchased the Coffee Card, you are able to include gelato with that card. Wondering since this package includes all beverages priced at $10 or less, and includes the same beverages as the Coffee Card, if gelato would be included too. An article from the Cruise Critic, stated that any food items usually included with the Coffee Card, like crepes and gelato would be included. Since I haven't noticed any postings confirming that, I would appreciate hearing from those who might have experienced using their AIBP to purchase gelato.

Yes. Gelato and Crepes are included. The sundaes with/without alcohol they offer at the Gelato venue are also included. The included gelato "food", teas and coffees might just convince me to buy the package for our next cruise. It really pushes the break-even point for me beyond just the 4 or 5 alcohol drinks, 2 or 3 sodas and 2 or 3 waters (all daily, of course!).

Taking a Mediterranean cruise on the Royal Princess next year, and have the complimentary AIBP. If you purchased the Coffee Card, you are able to include gelato with that card. Wondering since this package includes all beverages priced at $10 or less, and includes the same beverages as the Coffee Card, if gelato would be included too. An article from the Cruise Critic, stated that any food items usually included with the Coffee Card, like crepes and gelato would be included. Since I haven't noticed any postings confirming that, I would appreciate hearing from those who might have experienced using their AIBP to purchase gelato.

Gelato is not included with the coffee card except as a punch on the card just like the specialty coffees.

Gelato is not included with the coffee card except as a punch on the card just like the specialty coffees.

Yes, I did understand that Princess did in fact punch your coffee card, in order to get a gelato. Since AlaskaGolden said gelato is included in the complimentary All-Inclusive Beverage Package, this onboard promotion just got even better.

Correct. But with the AIBP the specialty coffees are included at no additional cost. And on the Royal & Regal, which are the only ships to allow gelato with a punch to a coffee card, the AIBP includes the gelato.

That doesn't make sense that it wouldn't be fleet-wide as a revenue issue...?

The Royal and Regal are the only two ships with a Gelato restaurant and are the only two ships which allow a punch on a coffee card to be used to purchase gelato.

The three other ships which sell gelato sell it at the International Cafe do not allow a coffee card punch to be allowed to purchase gelato. Gelato on those three ships is priced lower than on the Royal and Regal.

Each punch on a coffee card is worth about $2.66. Gelato on those three ships only cost $1.50 for three scoops, so it would not be good economic use of a punch.

The Royal and Regal are the only two ships with a Gelato restaurant and are the only two ships which allow a punch on a coffee card to be used to purchase gelato.

The three other ships which sell gelato sell it at the International Cafe do not allow a coffee card punch to be allowed to purchase gelato. Gelato on those three ships is priced lower than on the Royal and Regal.

Each punch on a coffee card is worth about $2.66. Gelato on those three ships only cost $1.50 for three scoops, so it would not be good economic use of a punch.

So, if I do not have a coffee card, I can still purchase gelato on my cabin account?

MARAPRINCE