Ruby

InTheWASide

For anyone interested, I was just on Ruby this past Sunday for a tour and lunch.

As many of you likely already know the ship is due for a routine drydock in December of this year and the ship looks...

WONDERFUL.

You never would guess we're just a couple months away from the multi-year refreshes that occur during a dry dock. Everything looked great. I even started to wonder at one point and TRIED to find an issue... somewhere... ANYWHERE... no luck.

I've had some issues with PCL in the past (the Star cruise was horrible) but Ruby was beautiful and I wouldn't hesitate to sail on her in the future.

Welcome to the west coast Ruby. Keep this up and you are certainly welcome here. :)

If anyone has any questions, let me know. I'll answer the best I can and based on whether we saw an area (and if I remember)

Edited by InTheWASide

I wish we had her back on the east coast too. Have only sailed two Princess ships, but the Ruby was gorgeous!

I agree. Much better than Star and while I liked Golden more than Star I didn't like that arrangement of public areas as much.

I did find it interesting that there were so many blue accents on a ship called Ruby... but I suppose that's the closest thing to a criticism I can muster... so that's not too shabby

My family and I are sailing on the Ruby in 11 days out of Seattle. Our balcony rooms are all on the Aloha deck. Do you happen to know if those balconies are covered, so that even when it rains, you could potentially sit out there to enjoy the view, etc.

Thanks for your post regarding the condition of the ship. It's good to know! The only person in our group that we are a little worried about is the 7 month old, as he just figured out how to crawl and can no longer be contained on a quilt or blanket. I don't consider myself a germophobic, but can only imagine how that will go! Ai-yi-yi!

I am glad Ruby has come west. I've always heard good things about the ship and will hopefully be able to sail on her one of these days now that she's here. We have our next two cruises booked and I don't think we will be able to do more than the one Alaskan cruise next year but perhaps in 2017 we will finally be able to give the Ruby a try.

Hi,

Thanks for your post. This is good to hear. I am booked on the seven-day Mexican Riviera cruise on the Ruby Princess that departs from Los Angeles on November 8, 2015. I am glad that the ship looks great. :)

Thanks,

Chuck

Glad to hear about the Ruby. I miss her on the east coast. I enjoy the Regal very much and the Ruby( especially when Commodore Romano is sailing the ship) ranks right up there with the her.

Sali

Yes, /commodore Romano is the very best on a wonderful ship!!

We will be on her Aug 16th...can't wait.

eclue:rolleyes:

DH and I took the Alaskan Sampler this past May on the Ruby. I can't even imagine what they could do to "spruce" her up. Just booked the Seattle to Vancouver overnight in September on the Ruby and can't wait. Coming to the east coast next February to venture out on the Regal. It will be interesting to see how they compare.

My family and I are sailing on the Ruby in 11 days out of Seattle. Our balcony rooms are all on the Aloha deck. Do you happen to know if those balconies are covered, so that even when it rains, you could potentially sit out there to enjoy the view, etc.

Thanks for your post regarding the condition of the ship. It's good to know! The only person in our group that we are a little worried about is the 7 month old, as he just figured out how to crawl and can no longer be contained on a quilt or blanket. I don't consider myself a germophobic, but can only imagine how that will go! Ai-yi-yi!

All the balconies are pretty much even with each other (except the deck with all the mini suites that stick out) so I expect you'll be fine unless it's coming down sideways. Weather has been really good this season too so I think you may not have much to worry about with rain.

Good luck with the little one! [emoji2]

We love Ruby, too. We've sailed on her more than any other ship, and we're sad to see her move to the west. I guess we'll just have to go to Hawaii again!

The Caribe balconies are larger than the other balconies. They are half covered and half open; we always book a Caribe balcony if possible.

At the beginning of last December we had never been on Ruby Princess. Then we did 2 weeks eastern and western Caribbean, went home for Christmas and then reboarded her at Fort Lauderdale on January 31 for 7 weeks around "the horn". I think Ruby is the newest Princess ship that we have been on.

We took good care of her and her crew took good care of us while delivering her from the east coast to the west coast. I thought she was going to tip over each time that we were broadside to the 50+ knot winds while doing 360's at Cape Horn Island but the Commodore managed to keep her standing upright and we made it to Los Angeles without getting wet!

Terry