since when NO Antigua?

I'll throw in another port that hasn't been seen recently. I've noticed from looking at the ship plaques in the 'trophy cases' on many of the ships I've been on, that a lot of Carnival ships used to call in Limon, Costa Rica, and a lot of those plaques would say 2002, 2003, 2004, etc., but I don't think they've called there in forever.

Does anyone know why Carnival stopped calling there?

I'll throw in another port that hasn't been seen recently. I've noticed from looking at the ship plaques in the 'trophy cases' on many of the ships I've been on, that a lot of Carnival ships used to call in Limon, Costa Rica, and a lot of those plaques would say 2002, 2003, 2004, etc., but I don't think they've called there in forever.

Triumph was there last year and Magic was schedule to call there on its repo cruise,but it was cancelled. If Miracle doesn't a Panama Canal cruise as expected, there is a chance CR could be on the itinerary

It's a great port,I did ziplining.

Edited by AdrenalineRush

Triumph was there on the March 2 sailing this year.

Splendor goes there 12/10/16

http://www.carnival.com/itinerary/8-day-western-caribbean-cruise/miami/splendor/8-days/wcc/?numGuests=2&destination=all-destinations&dest=any&datFrom=072015&datTo=042017

There use to be an 8 day cruise that went to Panama, Costa Rica, and one other place every other week, put alas they discontinued it a couple years ago and now only visit Limon on repos or other occasional one time offerings.

I think this 8 day was replaced by more sailings of the more popular and higher priced 8 day southern cruises to the ABC islands.

Nice. Try and get to The Baths at Virgin Gorda. Amazing!!! [emoji106][emoji106]

- JPO

Yep. Several of us are going on our own. Typically, when I visit a port for the first time, I like to just do an island tour to get an idea of what is there and see as much as possible. That way I'll know where I want to go when I return.

But I just don't know if/when I'll get back to Tortola since it isn't a "regular" Carnival stop, so I'm not going to pass up the opportunity to get over to Virgin Gorda. It's why I picked this sailing over the return from San Juan. I'd rather fly in early and spend a day or two there but the return didn't offer me anything new.

What I'd truly like to see is for Carnival to offer two different Southern itineraries from San Juan. There are plenty of southern ports to do that and would make a fabulous B2B, especially if adding some pre and post-cruise days in PR.

I did the 8-night Miracle from FLL back in December 2009 that stopped in Panama, Costa Rica and Belize with 4 sea days. The (independent) excursion in Panama was one of the best ever. Truly fantastic. We stopped at the canal and that convinced me that I really need to do a canal cruise one day.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that one will come up with the next round of ship relocations and I can do that for my Milestone cruise.

But I do encourage everyone who wants something different to check out the Journey sailings and any repositioning cruises.

This. After this occurrence,Carnival stopped going to Antigua for a while.

What specifically happened? What is there to argue about? Price? I generally try not to antagonize anybody in a foreign place. Especially taxi drivers as I'm at their mercy to get me back to the ship on time. The driver we had was very nice and quoted the same price I heard the other drivers telling everyone. Maybe things were different when this incident happened.

What specifically happened? What is there to argue about? Price? I generally try not to antagonize anybody in a foreign place. Especially taxi drivers as I'm at their mercy to get me back to the ship on time. The driver we had was very nice and quoted the same price I heard the other drivers telling everyone. Maybe things were different when this incident happened.

Who knows what happened then, there are probably lots of hearsay stories.

The best way to avoid an argument is to settle on a fare prior to getting into the taxi, and whether that fare is one way or round trip. Another factor is not to have over indulged while on your outing.

I've stayed on Antigua twice, at Galley Bay and CocoBay resorts, and never had a problem with taxis or any of the locals. There was a spike in crime when their economy tanked after ours did but that's over now and normalcy has returned.

I'll be returning to Antigua on an early 2016 Glory Journeys cruise.

Edited by evandbob