7199 Millennium - is it noisy?

baycruising

I have this cabin booked for a cruise in 2016 and just wondering if this location is a problem with noise from the Penthouse Suites below. I know that these suites can easily host large parties and I wondered if other people have found this a problem, We really love a quiet time on the balcony

Having had 7199 and 7202 (the other corner) several times on the various M class ships we have only seen one party and it wasn't an issue. It seems that most of our cruises the Penhouses are empty.

I agree with previous replies. We have been in both cabins, plus the C1 cabins between them, and rarely even see anyone on the decks of the penthouse cabins. Those corner cabins are great! Feel fortunate that you have one.

I have this cabin booked for a cruise in 2016 and just wondering if this location is a problem with noise from the Penthouse Suites below. I know that these suites can easily host large parties and I wondered if other people have found this a problem, We really love a quiet time on the balcony
We found the noise from the large family with small children in the cabin next door to be more of a problem than any noise from the penthouse suite below.

We've been fortunate to sail in 7199 on a number of occasions and loved every minute, never having any regrets.

One time, for an 11-day Caribbean cruise we had our choice of corner FV cabins on deck 7, 8 or 9. I ended up selecting deck 7 (7199) for no other reason other than dreaming of getting acquainted with whoever our neighbors below in the PH would be. Well, luck was with us that trip because not only did we get acquainted with them (small chit chat while we were out on our balconies), they invited us to an afternoon party in the PH later on in the voyage. Mission accomplished! ;)

Having said that you're probably thinking we're noisy, Animal House-type partiers, but that couldn't be further from the truth. We, too, love our quiet time spent on those expansive verandas.

What type of neighbors you'll have below in the PH is anyone's guess. On our last cruise in 7199, to Alaska, a retired couple had the PH below. Only on a couple of occasions did we ever notice or hear them out on their deck. They were as quiet as mice.

Also, the climate you'll be sailing in can also be a factor in outdoor activity in the PH below.

I hope you stick with 7199. We prefer it even to Sky Suites on M-class ships.

Edited by BEAV

Noise from your neighbor will be the least of your problems. Last time on the Millennium, the smell of sewage was what bothered us.

Thank you everyone. I was really excited to be able to book this cabin as I had read some good reviews. Then I started to second-guess my decision. Very silly!!

Our cruise is in Asia - ex Singapore and I know we shall enjoy the large balcony. We decided not to splurge on a suite this trip as it is just a short 5 night cruise and the suites were very much more expensive but the layout of 7199 and the balcony were a huge attraction.

I hope the sewerage smell is not an issue - phewww!!

We had 7202 on Infinity this year, it was a great cabin, no sewerage smells noted. The penthouse had an adult family and didn't cause us any problems. On our last day our neighbours had children come to the cabin and all we could hear was screaming and kids running up and down the balcony and peering over to look at us. It is the luck of the draw I suppose but you should expect some noise as they are family cabins. The great draw to the corner aft on deck 7 is that you get a glass panel to see the wake. The same cabins on deck 9 do not have this.

Thank you everyone. I was really excited to be able to book this cabin as I had read some good reviews. Then I started to second-guess my decision. Very silly!!

Our cruise is in Asia - ex Singapore and I know we shall enjoy the large balcony. We decided not to splurge on a suite this trip as it is just a short 5 night cruise and the suites were very much more expensive but the layout of 7199 and the balcony were a huge attraction.

I hope the sewerage smell is not an issue - phewww!!

We love the FVs and have never experienced any issues with the penthouse below. In fact, we hardly saw anyone out on the balcony. Let us know how you fare with Millie as we have a FV booked for next Christmas in Asia. Our sailing is a little longer than your cruise, so I would love to hear if you encounter any problems ;).

• 6 months later...

I just wanted to give you some feedback from our recent cruise since you were kind enough to post info for me.

7199 was fantastic. We loved it. It was the size of a small suite and very large and comfortable for the two of us. The verandah with it's large covered area was private and with two loungers and a large dining table outside we were tempted to remain there the whole cruise.

Cabin furniture and carpet was in very good condition - the bathroom is ready for a refurb but was fine. Our stateroom attendants were only just adequate - perhaps something we did notice as different from the service in a suite - but we are low maintenance people - it did not bother us.

Despite my fears, it was a quiet cabin.

The people in the family cabin next door had one little girl and were quiet - he smoked on the balcony until we made some very loud and pointed comments.No more problems.

The family in the PS beneath us were also quiet - in fact their balcony (half the width of the ship) seemed far less private and more exposed than ours - but it was huge so no doubt you could always find a shady and private corner.

I'm not going to suggest you try an FV - leave those for us please.

Seriously it was great. Millie, although not as glitzy as S class ships was fabulous. Only problem we hit was the very crowded MDR. We would certainly sail in an M class ship again and if I could get another FV it would be amazing.

I just wanted to give you some feedback from our recent cruise since you were kind enough to post info for me.

7199 was fantastic. We loved it. It was the size of a small suite and very large and comfortable for the two of us. The verandah with it's large covered area was private and with two loungers and a large dining table outside we were tempted to remain there the whole cruise.

Cabin furniture and carpet was in very good condition - the bathroom is ready for a refurb but was fine. Our stateroom attendants were only just adequate - perhaps something we did notice as different from the service in a suite - but we are low maintenance people - it did not bother us.

Despite my fears, it was a quiet cabin.

The people in the family cabin next door had one little girl and were quiet - he smoked on the balcony until we made some very loud and pointed comments.No more problems.

The family in the PS beneath us were also quiet - in fact their balcony (half the width of the ship) seemed far less private and more exposed than ours - but it was huge so no doubt you could always find a shady and private corner.

I'm not going to suggest you try an FV - leave those for us please.

Seriously it was great. Millie, although not as glitzy as S class ships was fabulous. Only problem we hit was the very crowded MDR. We would certainly sail in an M class ship again and if I could get another FV it would be amazing.

Thank for the feedback :). We love the FVs, especially the balconies :). Glad to know Millie is holding up well ;). Which itinerary did you take? We're cruising from Hong Kong to Singapore later this year and would love to hear your thoughts on any of the ports if they were on your itinerary (Vietnam, Thailand & Ko Samui). Thanks in advance and glad you enjoyed your cruise :).