Freedom, Oasis or Navigator

I'm looking at three cruises next spring. All have with basically the same itinerary and the three are within $500 of each other. Of these three ships, which would you choose?

Oasis. Nothing like it, except for Allure.

I have sailed all three classes of those ships.

many people say they do the oasis once, just to do it.

the navigator and the freedom are very similar creatures, and the layout of both ships are fantastic.

so , you might ask yourself. are you more interested in the ship or the ports?

although 500.00 is not that much.. it would pay for a drink package or spa treatments. so it does depend on your financial position. and if you are not going to use the added features of the ship, or would never pay for a surcharge restaurant then the oasis might not be the best pick for you.

If the money is close, I would do the oasis class every time. but there are those that truly prefer the smaller ships....

I know this does not exactly help you answer your question, although it will give you a little more perspective.

I think it also depends on what type of cabin you want. If it's a balcony, many of them on Oasis overlook Central Park,(which we had and loved it), or the Boardwalk. If you book an OV or inside, then IMO, it doesn't matter as much. We had a Promenade interior with a window several years ago on the Navigator and really enjoyed it - it was fun to watch all of the activity from our room and not have to fight the crowds.

Edited by mek

The Navigator cruise is an 8 night, the others 7 night. I realize it's only one more night, but not sure I want to go that long - 7 nights may be stretching it!

7 days always seems so short to me so I would pick the Navigator. 9 or 10 day cruises are my favorite.

I'm also thinking about Freedom (next year, even after hearing about the fire last week), but I've already sailed Oasis and loved it. My most enjoyable cruise ever.

I'm sure Freedom is a great ship, and Port Canaveral is 3 or more hours closer for me (thus why I'm considering). But I would highly recommend trying Oasis at least once, just for the experience. On average you pay more to get on Oasis, but if you can get a good deal, I say Go For It.

Oasis hands down....I can't wait to get back on that class to try and get to everything we didn't get to! That being said, the Freedom was our second favorite cruise to date and we have a soft spot for our Adventure cruise (sister ship of the Explorer) since it was our first.

My biggest concern about going on the biggest, newest ship (Oasis at the time) was that we weren't going to be able to go back down in size. She's in a class of her own, but we were anything but disappointed in the Freedom after the Oasis. It's a great size with a lot of the bells and whistles. I think I like the options for food better on the Oasis and just the vast amount of options for entertainment and dispersing of crowds.

... or the extra night on Navigator...

I can vote for that too. One of several reasons why Carnival Breeze is at the top of my signature (ships listed in order of fun had) is because it was 8 days, and after being locked into 7, that extra day was sweet icing on the cake. But only because the ship experience itself was solid.

... My biggest concern about going on the biggest, newest ship (Oasis at the time) was that we weren't going to be able to go back down in size. She's in a class of her own...

Same here, and we splurged for a loft suite on Oasis, which created an even bigger potential for the "droopsies". But... a cruise is a cruise is a cruise. We've been on 3 or 4 since Oasis, and so far we're surviving. :cool:

I'm with most everyone else and would pick Oasis anytime. She has to be experienced at least once...and trust me most don't want to sail on her or her sister (Allure) just once. Those two (and almost 3) are addicting!

I'm looking at three cruises next spring. All have with basically the same itinerary and the three are within $500 of each other. Of these three ships, which would you choose?

If you will allow me to substitute Allure, I've been on all 3. (I will have been on all 3) by next spring. Is Navigator moving to Port Everglades by then? My choice based on today's itinerary would be Freedom because you get one more port over Oasis, or Navigator today as she sails out of Galveston. If the ports are the same then that evens the playing field. If you have never sailed an Oasis class this is an adventure in itself. You're in a no lose situation.

If they are all 7-day cruises then I would go Oasis. If the Freedom or Navigator are 8 or more days then I would take the longer cruise every time.

A scuba diver or someone who wanted to see the Stingrays may pick the other two for Grand Caymen. (Good scuba in Cozumel too so that doesn't rule out Oasis)

I'll go with minority and say freedom or navigator primarily for stop in grand cayman on west carib. If east carib not as important as it's coco cay vice nassau - snore.

Our last cruise on oasis was crowded and we were tired of people at the end. Lines for food, drinks, photos, elevators, etc. Although we're on allure in med soon but hoping destinations make up for crowds.

Ultimately the ships are all good so pick the best destinations imo.

We have been on the Oasis, Allure, Indy and the Liberty. On our first cruise which was 8 days it was on the Indy and we loved the extra day and additional port. So far we have found that the oasis class ships are more of a planned busy vacation while the freedom class is a bit more of a laid back pace.

Last year we did a quick 5 day cruise on the Liberty and then a 7 day on the oasis and that basically spoiled us really bad:eek:. So far this year we have booked a cruise on the navigator and are hoping to add a allure cruise right afterwards. This is because I can't decide on which ship to chose either. At first the navigator was not on our list but the itinerary and price made us say lets try it and see what happens.

Here are a few negatives about the Oasis class I found: Dining room is more crowded and the wait times for mtd can be longer. You have to book everything(shows, diners, excursions) weeks prior to sailing. The staff are not quite the same as on the smaller ships(lots of new crew as the experienced like to try to work on the smaller ships). Fortunately the Pros far outweigh the cons which are too many to mention.

The only negatives I have about the freedom class is that it feels like it is missing something when compared to the oasis class. I miss the second flowrider but enjoy the dining and entertainment that I don't have to plan so much. It feels like a vacation while on board. One other positive would be that the number of kids is far less on a 8 day cruise.

I would recommend if you chose the oasis class that you go to the dining room prior to dinner time and ensure you get a table in an area you will be happy with if possible(with your correct seating number preference). We were basically waited on by our head waiter the whole week on our Oasis cruise because of the terrible first night. Maybe by doing so will help you get exceptional waiters as well.

So there is no clear choice until you decide on what your vacation needs are. Only you can weigh out what you consider more important(destinations vs ship amenities, dining options vs small ship feel, busy or laid back) Ours are still unclear so we will likely do back to back on different ships if at all possible;).

The longer the cruise, the better for me. Flying from Minnesota I want to make it worth the cost of the flights. But, I could not give up going to Grand Cayman on a western itinerary.

No matter what you will have a great time!!

JoeRum

We just came off a Western on Navigator. We booked this cruise to travel with DD, her husband and 2 teens, who live in Texas. It was a wonderful cruise; we had one of the best waiters ever(Joaquim).

We have done Freedom twice, Liberty once, Oasis once, and Allure twice.

All of our cruises are wonderful, but the Oasis class offers so much more to do, so many additional food locations, and absolutely unbeatable entertainment.

I do not find lines any worse on the big ships, in fact, I often feel that the crowds are more spread out.

There is no question that when we are cruising for a relaxing, entertaining week, it will be on one of the Oasis class. That said, if price or itinerary were deciding factors, I wouldn't hesitate to go on any of your choices.

Have fun!

Barb