Caribbean Princess condition

cruisesusie

We were on the Caribbean Princess from June 12-27 in the Fjords of Norway. We really liked the ship and didn't notice anything being messed up. The ship is older so there are a few rust spots here and there, but the food was great, and the service was outstanding. If you want to know anything specific, just ask and I will do my best to answer.

We just booked a cruise on the Caribbean Princess. I've since heard some negative comments about the food and condition of the beds. Has anyone sailed CB recently? Any comments appreciated.

If you've heard some negative comments, then you no doubt heard positive ones to refute the negative ones. This is an oft-discussed topic. Here are two recent threads. I don't think there is too much more to add than what people have reported here.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2217553

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2187967

We were on it shortly after being on the Regal so any negatives were very obvious by comparison. Having said that - she looks a bit tired here and there, and is obviously smaller than the Regal - but there was nothing in particular that stood out or hindered our ability to have a great time! Enjoy!

I was on the Caribbean Princess from 6/26/15-7/11/15 on a Baltic cruise. I actually would give the food very high marks. This was my 10th Princess cruise and I would say the food was the best I have experienced, both in the MDR and Horizon Court.

No complaints about the beds. We were in a suite, but our DD's were in an interior and my brother and SIL were in a mini-suite.

There were some plumbing issues, particularly in the aft mini-suites on Emerald deck. I think that on almost every ship I've been on, there have been plumbing issues somewhere onboard. Fortunately it has not happened to me.

We had complaints about crowding in public spaces. I think this wouldn't be a problem on a warm weather cruise, but it's not the ideal ship for a colder weather cruise when it will be too windy and chilly to go out on deck on sea days.

Edited by junglejane

There were some plumbing issues, particularly in the aft mini-suites on Emerald deck. I think that on almost every ship I've been on, there have been plumbing issues somewhere onboard. Fortunately it has not happened to me.

Can you say what kind of plumbing issues? We have a cruise booked for February and we have the aft mini suites, what was done to combat the problem, anything you can say, would be appreciated

I was on the CB for the Norway cruise 12th June. I would say the food in main dinning room was as good as any cruise I have had in my 20+ cruise experiences. Yes the ship is a bit older so is not in brand new condition. However this does not mean it is in poor condition. Well used but clean and tidy. Plumbing wise we had a toilet that liked to flush when it wanted but no a big issue. Every ship is different + and - along the way. To enjoy some people just have to realise that.

Hi-

We were just on the ship in April and it's in fabulous condition, from the staterooms to the hallways to the public rooms. The beds were fine, and we're fussy. (For point of reference, it was our 18th cruise; fourth on Princess.)

Princess remains my favorite of the lines we've sailed on (Royal Caribbean, Celebrity and HAL) for overall consistency, quality of food, service (beverage service in the buffets!), big closets and overall eagerness to please. I'd take the Caribbean Princess again in a heartbeat.

Hope this helps. - Musing About Cruising

We were on the Caribbean Princess in May. The crew was always cleaning and doing maintenance. However, there are just so many times that the carpeting in the buffet can be cleaned. The cabins are a bit tired - ditto for the buffet tables and chairs. This ship needs some spiffing up.

Hi-

We were just on the ship in April and it's in fabulous condition, from the staterooms to the hallways to the public rooms. The beds were fine, and we're fussy. (For point of reference, it was our 18th cruise; fourth on Princess.)

Princess remains my favorite of the lines we've sailed on (Royal Caribbean, Celebrity and HAL) for overall consistency, quality of food, service (beverage service in the buffets!), big closets and overall eagerness to please. I'd take the Caribbean Princess again in a heartbeat.

Hope this helps. - Musing About Cruising

We were on the Caribbean Princess in May. The crew was always cleaning and doing maintenance. However, there are just so many times that the carpeting in the buffet can be cleaned. The cabins are a bit tired - ditto for the buffet tables and chairs. This ship needs some spiffing up.

And there's your definitive answer...two different perspectives from the same time frame. One person thought the ship was in fabulous condition, and one thought the ship was tired and in need of spiffing up.

I never let the reports of worn carpet or nicked furniture bother me, because I've cruised too many times on ships that were reported to be on their last leg and found everything to be just fine. The only thing that would give me pause would be widespread reports of plumbing and/or air conditioning problems. I did change a HAL cruise once, but it was because we were scheduled to be the last sailing before a drydock, and the ship had months of major systems problems.

Does anyone know what is happening with the Caribbean Princess?. When I check the deck plans it asks me whether I am sailing between now and April 17, 2016 or whether I am sailing after that date.

Does anyone know what is happening with the Caribbean Princess?. When I check the deck plans it asks me whether I am sailing between now and April 17, 2016 or whether I am sailing after that date.

Nothing just fleet wide changes in cabin categories.