Countdown to 1st Princess Cruise

blpilot43

Hi everyone... we are Bobby and Dawn from Las Vegas. I signed up on Cruise Critic about 4 hours ago, and it's been great reading all the posts and threads. Dawn and I have been Carnival cruisers for the last 8 years, and we have decided to give Princess a run for our money.

Our first Princess Cruise is on October 18th for a nice 7 night trial run back to Mexico on the Ruby.

We know absolutely NOTHING about Princess, but we landed ourselves into a Vista Suite and plan on trying out the Chef's Table, The ? grill steakhouse, A full spa day for Dawn, and some serious ATV'ing for yours truly (I had to promise Dawn a shopping day in Mazatlan for the ATV runs...ouch!)

We are both very excited about joining the Princess family... and hope we will have a chance to meet YOU!

Bobby

Wow - not too long before your adventure! We have sailed a number of Princess ships and enjoyed the Emerald, which is sister to the Ruby. I'm not familiar with Carnival, but we love the Princess experience. Congrats on the Vista Suite which will a terrific way to get acquainted! It's surprising the areas that people never find on a ship so I'd suggest that (after your happy dance when you get to your cabin) explore the ship from top to bottom. Lots of interesting spots for viewing, basking and splashing. Read the daily Patter delivered to your room which will give you information on the daily events. There are daily puzzles like suduko printed and left for cruisers in the library, which can be fun. Also look for the buy-one/get-one that is usually available in one of the bars (it was Crooners at 3-4 on the Royal). Have a great cruise!

Edited by LoriPhil

Ruby Princess, some highlights:

Being in a Visa Suite you will qualify for Breakfast at Sabatini"s. It is on Deck 16 aft. Don't miss it. Check out the All Inclusive Beverage Package it may be for you. It is $394.45/pp for a 7 day cruise. Look here for details:http://www.princess.com/learn/cruise-gifts-celebrations/gifts-and-services/culinary-delights-wine/

Free dining options on the Ruby include: MDR's, International Cafe open 24/7, Pub Lunch on sea days in the Wheelhouse Bar, Horizon Ct./Cafe Caribe, at least one section will be open from 6am to midnight, never closes during that time, Trident Grill and Pizza and soft ice cream bar by the Lido Pool open from 11am until 11pm, Room Service, full menu service available in a full suite.

Surcharge dining includes:

Crown Grill and Sabatini's $25/pp, Crab Shack (buckets of sea food) $20/pp, plus special meals like the Chef's Table, Balcony Breakfast and Dinner. Make reservations once on board. Sign up for the Chef's Table shortly after boarding.

Pools: There are five pools, Main Lido Pool, Calypso Reef Pool with the outdoor movies and videos playing most of the day and night, Terrace Pool (adults), Lotus Spa Pool (adults), Chill Out Pool (family pool)

Any questions just ask.

Crown Grill and Sabatini's $25/pp, Crab Shack (buckets of sea food) $20/pp, plus special meals like the Chef's Table, Balcony Breakfast and Dinner. Make reservations once on board. Sign up for the Chef's Table shortly after boarding./quote]

Don't forget...suites get complimentary reservation on the first night in on of the specialty restaurants.

Crown Grill and Sabatini's $25/pp, Crab Shack (buckets of sea food) $20/pp, plus special meals like the Chef's Table, Balcony Breakfast and Dinner. Make reservations once on board. Sign up for the Chef's Table shortly after boarding./quote]

Don't forget...suites get complimentary reservation on the first night in on of the specialty restaurants.

Yes, forgot to mention that. Call the DINE Line after boarding for your reservation, or visit the Crown Grill or Sabatini's. I personally think the Crown Grill is the better choice for my taste. I don't think the Crab Shack will operate on the first night. The Crab Shack is in a closed off seating section of Cafe Caribe (buffet).

Ruby Princess, some highlights:

Being in a Visa Suite you will qualify for Breakfast at Sabatini"s. It is on Deck 16 aft. Don't miss it. Check out the All Inclusive Beverage Package it may be for you. It is $394.45/pp for a 7 day cruise. Look here for details:http://www.princess.com/learn/cruise-gifts-celebrations/gifts-and-services/culinary-delights-wine/

Free dining options on the Ruby include: MDR's, International Cafe open 24/7, Pub Lunch on sea days in the Wheelhouse Bar, Horizon Ct./Cafe Caribe, at least one section will be open from 6am to midnight, never closes during that time, Trident Grill and Pizza and soft ice cream bar by the Lido Pool open from 11am until 11pm, Room Service, full menu service available in a full suite.

Crown Grill and Sabatini's $25/pp, Crab Shack (buckets of sea food) $20/pp, plus special meals like the Chef's Table, Balcony Breakfast and Dinner. Make reservations once on board. Sign up for the Chef's Table shortly after boarding.

Pools: There are five pools, Main Lido Pool, Calypso Reef Pool with the outdoor movies and videos playing most of the day and night, Terrace Pool (adults), Lotus Spa Pool (adults), Chill Out Pool (family pool)

Any questions just ask.

I have a question, as a cruiser also going on my first princess. We have gotten the all inclusive beverage package. Other cruise lines , only offer fountain soda in their bev.package... BUT am I mistaken, my understanding of princess' policy is....ANY drink under $10 including cans of soda. ???? Plus my husband is a fresh squeezed oj junky, other threads have said the fresh squeezed machines are at most bars, I have scoured the 3000+ pics of regal (the ship were going on) and have never seen oj machine , do know any specific info on fresh squeezed oj ???? OTHER than breakfast (we don't get up early enough) , tks for any help :)

We, too, are new to Princess - or will be after our cruise next August (2016). Have cruised several times on each of Carnival and RCCL, and enjoyed each cruise.

I've been reading the boards the past few days to learn all about Princess. Looks like it will be a very nice cruise.

We'll be on the Grand to Alaska, R/T San Francisco. So, for the first time ever, no flights or even a long drive for us to get to the cruise terminal!

Really appreciating all the info!

Mary

Hi Mary... we're excited about going on a different cruise line, and a lot of people recommended Princess to us. I will definitely report back to everyone on our first Princess cruise which, undoubtedly, will be a stellar review! :)

Everyone here on the Princess boards seem really cool and nice... thank you for the great comments and info.

Bobby

Edited by blpilot43

Wishing you a wonderful first cruise with Princess. While we have sailed other lines, Princess is our favorite.....maybe because we sailed Princess on our first ever cruise many years ago. Enjoy;)

Ditto.

I have a question, as a cruiser also going on my first princess. We have gotten the all inclusive beverage package. Other cruise lines , only offer fountain soda in their bev.package... BUT am I mistaken, my understanding of princess' policy is....ANY drink under $10 including cans of soda. ???? Plus my husband is a fresh squeezed oj junky, other threads have said the fresh squeezed machines are at most bars, I have scoured the 3000+ pics of regal (the ship were going on) and have never seen oj machine , do know any specific info on fresh squeezed oj ???? OTHER than breakfast (we don't get up early enough) , tks for any help :)

1. Any drink $10 and under is included. No limits, alcoholic cocktails, after dinner drinks, wine by the glass, beer, fountain soda, canned soda, espresso drinks, mocktails, bottled water, brewed coffee and special teas at the International Cafe, hot cocoa, and probably something I can't remember.

2. Now your question regarding fresh squeezed OJ. I have not personally seen this, but have to say I have never really looked.

3. Room Service is not included in the package.

Think this is for cruises 6 nights or longer.

Welcome to Cruise Critic and to Princess! :D

Ruby Princess is a wonderful ship! :)

In addition to the other info you've been given, the IC (International Café) has tasty treats 24 hours a day.

Princess is known for having the BEST pizza at sea!

Look forward to having a great cruise! :D

LuLu

Think this is for cruises 6 nights or longer.

Probably not a problem for the OP since their cruise is a seven night trip.

Our first Princess Cruise is on October 18th for a nice 7 night trial run back to Mexico on the Ruby. .............

Bobby

Edited by ar1950

Thank You, LuLu. No doubt, we will definitely "sample" both! I wish all of you could cruise with us on our first Princess cruise... you guys rock! :D

Bobby

Edited by blpilot43

Our first Princess Cruise is on October 18th for a nice 7 night trial run back to Mexico on the Ruby. .............

Bobby

The Ruby is a really nice ship. I'm betting that you will be pleased. :cool:

BTW, have you read this young man's review?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2215044

Edited by ar1950

I hope it's ok , I ask questions here blpilot. Not trying to hyjack(lol) your thread but since your thread is ....princess NEWBIES. I hope something I ask my help others :) my question is about formal night, other cruise lines I've been on change their days of the week for which , the formal night is on, i.e. once I had the 1st formal night on Monday, then other ship 1st formal night Tuesday(all 7 day cruises). As most of my experience is with Ncl , which has no formal night.

I was wondering does princess have SET days, for formal night or does it vary???? TY