Costal Kitchen

We have a JS. Yes I know usually no perks. So I doubt we can have dinner in Coastal kitchen. But will D+ get us in there

D+ can come for dinner only. If you also have a GS or better, then breakfast too. We found it real noisy, if you go too early for dinner. We enjoyed the dinner menu and if you go for formal night, yes lobster is on the menu. The salted caramel pudding for dessert is yummy!! Do book as soon as you get on the ship for formal night. On the Oasis, we also enjoyed the dinner at the Solarium Bistro- the veal is really good and the dessert buffet of lots of berries is the best!

Enjoy~

D+ can come for dinner only. If you also have a GS or better, then breakfast too. We found it real noisy, if you go too early for dinner. We enjoyed the dinner menu and if you go for formal night, yes lobster is on the menu. The salted caramel pudding for dessert is yummy!! Do book as soon as you get on the ship for formal night. On the Oasis, we also enjoyed the dinner at the Solarium Bistro- the veal is really good and the dessert buffet of lots of berries is the best!

Enjoy~

How did you know that D+ could come for dinner in Coastal Kitchen? I'd heard that those booked in JS could come based on availability but hadn't heard about D+.

Enjoy~

I thought it was only JS not D+ -- we are D+ and will be in a JS.

Sailed Oasis a few weeks ago. Coastal Kitchen was reserved for Full suites and Pinnacle members.

They were allowed to bring guest with them ONLY IF there was space available and could only do this twice during cruise. Yes you do check in and yes the keep track on their computer.

You can forget about inviting guest for formal night as the placed was packed and they had trouble accommodating suite guest with their preferred dinner time.

Make sure you make reservations for dinner as it makes it easier on the staff. and you are sure to get the time you want.

Also, CK has a menu for breakfast and lunch during sea days. Port days was a menu for breakfast and I believe a buffet for lunch.

Edited by Tony O

I'm one of the worst members for bad spelling and grammar, and I wish the OP well in their cruise and dining, but being a lover of bad humor and puns, I have to ask, Is Costal kitchen dinner on the rocks? flame away, its Friday!

When we were on the Oasis in Feb in a jr suite we ate in coastal 5 nights based on availability with reservations through the concierge. Every night our waiter would ask if we wanted another reservation and make it as well. Never had a problem and it was never crowded.

Sailed Oasis a few weeks ago. Coastal Kitchen was reserved for Full suites and Pinnacle members.

They were allowed to bring guest with them ONLY IF there was space available and could only do this twice during cruise. Yes you do check in and yes the keep track on their computer.

You can forget about inviting guest for formal night as the placed was packed and they had trouble accommodating suite guest with their preferred dinner time.

Make sure you make reservations for dinner as it makes it easier on the staff. and you are sure to get the time you want.

Also, CK has a menu for breakfast and lunch during sea days. Port days was a menu for breakfast and I believe a buffet for lunch.

Thanks for letting us know your recent experience with Coastal Kitchen on Oasis. :)

• 5 months later...

FWIW, we were on Oasis last November and were not at all impressed with CK. The dinner menus were too limited. The lunch menus even worse. After a couple of dinners and one lunch, we dined in specialty or in the buffet. YMMV of course.

The suites lounge was very nice.

FWIW, we were on Oasis last November and were not at all impressed with CK. The dinner menus were too limited. The lunch menus even worse. After a couple of dinners and one lunch, we dined in specialty or in the buffet. YMMV of course.

The suites lounge was very nice.

We went to CK in September, and liked it so much, we went again later in the cruise.

Coastal Kitchen is changing to a different menu each night. Not sure of implementation date and look forward to seeing all the new menus.

That is quite exciting to hear.

We'll be on board this Sunday and I hope to witness it then!

Steve

May 2016.

This thread is from 2015

True, but oasis has been allowing JS for dinner since at least April 2015. Great selling point for the JS's and the ship in general. I don't think Laura will eat in the MDR ever again. And FWIW, I enjoyed the original two menu set up.

True, but oasis has been allowing JS for dinner since at least April 2015. Great selling point for the JS's and the ship in general. I don't think Laura will eat in the MDR ever again. And FWIW, I enjoyed the original two menu set up.

Our experience was JS for dinner in Coastal Kitchen was on a Space Available basis. Some nights it was very crowded so there was no availability for JS. It will be interesting to see how this works, starting in May, when it's no longer Space Available and a named benefit for dinner for those in a JS. Who will get priority?? Maybe it will be the Royal Genie. ;)

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

I agree, we enjoyed the two menus. I could have enjoyed eating there at least 4 nights without repeating an entree.

Our experience was JS for dinner in Coastal Kitchen was on a Space Available basis. Some nights it was very crowded so there was no availability for JS. It will be interesting to see how this works, starting in May, when it's no longer Space Available and a named benefit for dinner for those in a JS. Who will get priority?? Maybe it will be the Royal Genie. ;)

I get it, but don't understand the logistics. We booked our reservations on day 3 for the rest of the week. How would they know when it was going to be space available. I really don't see them turning a reservation away because someone in a CL just stopped by.

This was in April and the ship was very full, but I never saw a crowd in CK.

Just FYI, we are booked in a SJS March 19 on Anthem and we are being allowed to book CK for dinner. I can't imagine they'd allow us to book if we couldn't use them. Another point, we have a second room that's a balcony and those passengers are also allowed on our reservation.

Just FYI, we are booked in a SJS March 19 on Anthem and we are being allowed to book CK for dinner. I can't imagine they'd allow us to book if we couldn't use them. Another point, we have a second room that's a balcony and those passengers are also allowed on our reservation.

We brought guests on our last night. They were just our trivia partners.

I agree, we enjoyed the two menus. I could have enjoyed eating there at least 4 nights without repeating an entree.

That's good to know. We will be on Oasis next January (welcome to Port Canaveral Oasis!). We will also be in a JS. Our first and last cruise with Oasis, we had MTD and it turned out to be quite the nightmare. Hoping CK will be a big improvement for us. :)