Refrigerators

SteelMagnolia9

I recently returned from my first cruise with Princess. My cabin had a refrigerator - I was pleasantly surprised as I've never had a refrigerator in my cabin and I found it useful.

Are there refrigerators in all cabins with Princess? Please don't take this as a silly question - I'd like to know as I'll probably book again with Princess in 2016.

I was in a Premium Oceanview cabin on my cruise, if cabin category is relevant.

Thank you!

I recently returned from my first cruise with Princess. My cabin had a refrigerator - I was pleasantly surprised as I've never had a refrigerator in my cabin and I found it useful.

Are there refrigerators in all cabins with Princess? Please don't take this as a silly question - I'd like to know as I'll probably book again with Princess in 2016.

Thank you!

I have never sailed in an inside, but I think they do. Certainly everything else does.

I know at one stage Pacific and Ocean didn't but I'm pretty sure they do now. I know lat time I was on Pacific she did in Balcony and above.

Princess has a mini frig in all cabins. They are great for cooling things. but not consistent if you need a steady temperature.

Keep your full uncovered ice bucket in there. It helps a little with cooling.

Thank you!

Happily, you can look forward to having a mini-fridge in all cabins on Princess ships. :D

LuLu

I think I have heard it referred to as a "cooler" rather than a refrigerator. And every cabin (mostly balcony, an upgrade to mini once and full suite twice) I have had on Princess has had one. I consider it essential and have room service arrange to take back any minibar items therein.

Edited by Wehwalt

Keep your full uncovered ice bucket in there. It helps a little with cooling.

We had medicine that that had about a 10 degree acceptable range. The frig was often above and below the range. Fortunately we were able to store it in a full size frig in the medical center

On our past several Princess cruises our fridges have been amazing COLD ... so much better than they use to be. :D

LuLu

I am glad to hear that, I hope Diamond is the same.

I was tempted to say that none have refrigerators just cool (or barely cool) boxes.

On our past several Princess cruises our fridges have been amazing COLD ... so much better than they use to be. :D

LuLu

Pam in CA had stated on another thread about the fridges that there's a thermostat on them so one can adjust the temp. Perhaps the folks prior to you turned down the temp.

Every Princess ship I've been on had one, I mainly stay in either an inside or outside cabin. The Pacific Princess does have them in the cabins.

I've never found them to be really cold no matter how I set the temp but I'm just keeping my sodas in there. I make sure the cabin steward fills my ice bucket daily and I'm a happy camper

Princess has a mini frig in all cabins. They are great for cooling things. but not consistent if you need a steady temperature.

If you need more consistent cooling, for medication etc, just ask Stewart to put the ice bucket there, and refill it when he services the cabin. Worked very well.

And keep the cupboard door open as much as possible. This allows the heat generated to escape.

THANK YOU! Another useful tip noted on the Cruise Notepad and a reminder to leave a note for the Steward to please leave the cupboard door open. This is something I wouldn't have thought of myself, but will action it thanks to your generous sharing of the information.:D

Make sure the cabin steward leaves the full ice bucket in the fridge twice daily. It helps.

THANK YOU! Another point delightedly noted down-I will pass that on to my former work colleague S. who is also on the same cruise, and does like a cold soft drink after work!