Military Benefit for Veterans and Active/Retired Personnel

BlackJack2

Princess Cruises offers up to $250 onboard credit for veterans as well as active, retired, or disabled military personnel. Does HAL have a program like this?

The quick answer is no.... My son is an active duty Army officer. He and his siblings and cousins have a cruise this October. I asked my PCC if HAL was offering any benefit on that cruise. NOPE.... So while there may be a one-off with some sort of special promotion, it is not normal for HAL to offer them, even though other Carnival Corp lines do.

Dennis

Princess Cruises offers up to $250 onboard credit for veterans as well as active, retired, or disabled military personnel. Does HAL have a program like this?

Unfortunately the answer is No.. It would be nice if they did, but it might not be cost effective, as such a large percentage of HAL cruisers would take advantage of it if they had this program..

But please forgive me for changing the subject..Like your Avatar.. Is that your LAB? I had a black Lab who lived to be 17.. He's been gone for 27 years, but we still talk about him & miss him.. He was an Awesome dog!:D

while it would be nice for all veterans .. it probably is not cost effective.

However, they could offer a program such as Home Depot and Lowe's offer --discounts for active, retired, or disabled military personnel only - this would be a very small minority and would be great PR.

harry

For which countres?

I don't know that HAL ever offered discounts to Vets or active duty military from Canada or U.S.

HAL occasionally offers discounts to active duty personnel only. For instance, some legs of the January 2016 Passage to the Far East have a hefty military discount, a meaningless gesture, since few active duty soldiers, sailors, airmen, or Marines can swing a 3 week or more vacation from duty.

Per the Princess web site Americans and Canadians are eligible for the military discount. It is a wonderful benefit, we faxed a military discount paper years ago and we get the discount every time.

Someone mentioned Loews and Home Depot upthread, they offer ten per cent discounts on holiday weekends Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. You can stack the discounts with other sales or promotions. There is a Loews nearby that gives the discount year round. You must show your military paperwork each time.

Per the Princess web site Americans and Canadians are eligible for the military discount. It is a wonderful benefit, we faxed a military discount paper years ago and we get the discount every time.

Someone mentioned Loews and Home Depot upthread, they offer ten per cent discounts on holiday weekends Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. You can stack the discounts with other sales or promotions. There is a Loews nearby that gives the discount year round. You must show your military paperwork each time.

Lowes and Home Depot give disabled vets a 10% at any time .. which is very nice.

harry

Lowes and Home Depot give disabled vets a 10% at any time .. which is very nice.

harry

My Home Depot gives a 10% discount to active military every day.

Yes, but in that case, not only for one Nationality but for all...

All nationalities? I'm gonna just have to go ahead and say no, I don't agree with that one.

Unfortunately the answer is No.. It would be nice if they did, but it might not be cost effective, as such a large percentage of HAL cruisers would take advantage of it if they had this program.

Princess does this for several nationalities. Their demographic is similar to HAL's. It gets people coming back. That's likely why the offer it. So, in that sense, it is cost effective.

My Home Depot gives a 10% discount to active military every day.

All nationalities? I'm gonna just have to go ahead and say no, I don't agree with that one.

At the risk of starting a flame war... I would like to know what "Nationalities" you feel that should not be given the same discount?

It makes sense to me to limit the nationalities as different marketing programs apply to different countries. Europeans get other deals, I've seen brochures in European ports that offered free airfare on lines that do not offer free air to Americans. Targeted marketing.

Edited by sammiedawg

It is a wonderful program. You send in your paperwork. From then on, every cruise you take, you receive onboard credit - $250 for 14 day cruises or longer, $100 for 7 – 13 day cruises, and $50 for 6 day or less cruises.

HAL occasionally offers discounts to active duty personnel only. For instance, some legs of the January 2016 Passage to the Far East have a hefty military discount, a meaningless gesture, since few active duty soldiers, sailors, airmen, or Marines can swing a 3 week or more vacation from duty.

Yes, but in that case, not only for one Nationality but for all...

So should it be for NATO members? For allies of Canada and U.S?

No such benefit is easily satisfactory to everyone.

Before someone jumps down my throat, my father was WWII Vet and my late DH was Viet Nam Vet and had a tour of duty there.

I am very supportive of all Active Duty and Vets from 'friendly countries'.

Chatting with an old man in a hotel last year in Mexico. Told him I was there on a cruise, and asked him if he ever cruised. He said he did once, but didn't enjoy it. Said he received a free cruise to France that lasted 30 days, and he hated it. He said it happened in June of 1944 :D