Since HAL won't post anything - Here's a Koningsdam update

InTheWASide

Here's a few pictures I located from a spanish-language page that are of angles or better closeups that I haven't seen before of the big builder's model that they at at Cruise Shipping Miami earlier this year.

Some better views of the Retreat/Lido Pool, Aft Pool and an interesting aft pool staircase on both sides of the ship.

Koningsdam_Piscina_central.jpg?modal=1

Koningsdam_Piscina_popa.jpg?modal=1

Koningsdam_Piscina_popa2.jpg?modal=1

Glad to see they are keeping the retractable glass "dome" over the pool area. This is a make or break item when choosing smaller ships because it is really missed when it is not there. (Prinsendam, I am talking to you, :cool: And many other smaller "luxury" ship competitors.)

Any final word about the 360 wrap-around promenade deck?

Glad to see they are keeping the retractable glass "dome" over the pool area. This is a make or break item when choosing smaller ships because it is really missed when it is not there. (Prinsendam, I am talking to you, :cool: And many other smaller "luxury" ship competitors.)

They have a promenade... all the way around.

Nothing definitive on the actual views which has been the big point of contention. But some of these model photos give a bit more of an idea and these builder models tend to be VERY accurate unless there's a last minute change of some kind but cruise lines usually pay dearly for those

Nothing definitive on the actual views which has been the big point of contention. But some of these model photos give a bit more of an idea and these builder models tend to be VERY accurate unless there's a last minute change of some kind but cruise lines usually pay dearly for those

The model makes it look like the promenade will be more "airy" than any rendering on the microsite.

Also, I really like her. The front stack is too high but that's every ship today regardless of line. She really does have a refined elegance look on the upper decks.

Since this is basically a "here, look at the model to get info HAL can't announce for free" here's several more I found "around the web"

koningsdam_1-1024x765.jpg

Is that nice looking Hot Tub and Lounge chair area on the forward part of the Bow area for crew or passengers? That would be one "Breezy" area while underway.

Is that nice looking Hot Tub and Lounge chair area on the forward part of the Bow area for crew or passengers? That would be one "Breezy" area while underway.

My thought is that it will be for guests as that raised area is open to all on Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam.

The area doesn't show up on deck plans but didn't on those ships either. But there may be a reconfiguration of these types of spaces that will make it not be the case for Koningsdam. As I'm guessing you already know, hence your question, many ships that have a hot tub here are for crew. Seems odd to focus so much attention to it on the model (specifically the deck chairs) if it's a crew area though.

Sure hope those deck-5 balconies really are that huge!:)

It really depends on the size of the giant people snacking around the ship. It's like Ursula from The Little Mermaid - only snackier and less ominous.

That's what we have booked, one that has a stairwell next to it so is even larger :)

Nice! Yeah those are always much larger and in this case they are also much deeper. Great pick!

Look at the deck plans and it appears only some aft corners have larger balconies. Your room is MUCH larger than even the SA suites

ha! ha! ha!. I like the lack of dome on the Prinsendam. I like the fresh air. I find it all too humid under the "dome" and am usually at the sea view pool on the other HAL ships for that very reason.

Sailing in November on a different ship and .......If the competitor's ship had a dome, that would have been a deal breaker for me. it works both ways :)

Edited by kazu

I am wondering

1. if the hot tub on the bow will be for crew only. Some lines do that.

2. if the lower level of the bow will be open for scenic cruising

Also, when I zoom the photos those lifeboats and tenders do not appear to be "on" the deck. They stick out partly over the side of the ship, but look to be raised to some degree. Still, the view on from the deck will be close to zilch?

But no cabins on the promenade deck?