Any preference for which Sweet 16 to select?

mafig

With great joy I have discovered that the cruise I'm looking at has almost all the Sweet 16 cabins available. :D

For Constellation, which is "better?" Available are 6021 - 6031 on Port side, and 6018 - 6030 on Starboard.

I'm thinking the farther back the better (6030?)?

From the research I've done, it seems that you can no longer get a lounger on this balcony. Is this correct?

Let me know your thoughts.:)

With great joy I have discovered that the cruise I'm looking at has almost all the Sweet 16 cabins available. :D

For Constellation, which is "better?" Available are 6021 - 6031 on Port side, and 6018 - 6030 on Starboard.

I'm thinking the farther back the better (6030?)?

From the research I've done, it seems that you can no longer get a lounger on this balcony. Is this correct?

Let me know your thoughts.:)

IMHO -- the corner afts (6030 & 6035) are the best. We've even had the one on the "smoking" side of the ship, and had no problem with smoke wafting up from the public area below. You have a great view, in all directions, and the balcony is HUGE!. We could not get a lounger on Millie, but I don't know about other ships. It's still a GREAT balcony cabin! :cool:

We were in 6030 on the Connie in May- would recommend this cabin. All of the Sweet 16 are a long walk to the Oceanview cafe. The walk to the elevators is similar to the walk to the aft cabins on S class ships.

IMHO -- the corner afts (6030 & 6035) are the best. We've even had the one on the "smoking" side of the ship, and had no problem with smoke wafting up from the public area below. You have a great view, in all directions, and the balcony is HUGE!. We could not get a lounger on Millie, but I don't know about other ships. It's still a GREAT balcony cabin! :cool:

I'm confused, 6030 and 6035 are both FORWARD on the ship aren't they? Why are we saying they are AFT?

I'm confused, 6030 and 6035 are both FORWARD on the ship aren't they? Why are we saying they are AFT?

Hey Pat -- Sorry, I was not clearer in my post. :o

Cabins 6030 & 6035 are the furthest aft of the Millie Class "Sweet Sixteens". And, you are right, those are the eight most forward balcony cabins on each side (port/starboard) of deck six. OK -- now that I read it, even that seems confusing! :p

We were in Cabin 6029 (port side) on the Constellation's April transatlantic. The balcony, as advertised is huge. There is no lounge chair, just two chairs and a side table. We wanted the port side because we wanted to avoid the direct sun on our eastward voyage. We never noticed any cigarette smoke from the smoking area since it was below and slightly aft of our cabin. We used the balcony while we sailing, and the breeze carried any smoke away. We liked this cabin.