Peel and eat shrimp

jmctlc38

We will be sailing on the Reflection Feb.27 2016, and we're wondering if there is a place on the ship to get peel and eat shrimp, and if it would be possible to have it delivered to our concierge class room on the balcony?

The room service shrimp is shrimp cocktail, already peeled but for the tail. I think they bring like 5 or 6 shrimps with it. Nothing special about the shrimp, to me anyway, flimsy and relatively small.

Another thread has noted that the Porch on Sillouhette has started a Raw Bar, Reflection also has the Porch, so would think it is there or is coming there.

The raw bar is a $25 charge for the Porch, plus an extra $5 for the rawbar/seafood tower according to posts in that thread.

We have asked our butler for prawns to be left for a late night snack. Although a bigger portion they are the same prawns as served in a prawn cocktail, peeled to the tail.

With a cool beer or glass of wine late at night on the balcony we have really enjoyed....coming from England they did not seem small to us......

Would these be included in the room service (read included in the cruise price)? We will be in a Concierge cabin for the first time and I understand that the room service menu is slightly expanded. Shrimp/prawns and wine on the balcony sounds divine!!!

I am unsure on this. We just asked and the butler delivered, we were not billed. We were in a suite, I don't know if this would make a difference. Drinks we had in the cabin, you definately do have to pay for those to be delivered.

We've had luck asking for shrimp in lieu of our afternoon canapés. Many times it just makes a nice accompaniment to some of the other appetizers they have on the expanded room service menu. I love just making one of my dinners just having lovely snacks on my balcony with a beautiful glass of wine or champagne. Now that is what I call vacation! yooohooo

Thank you for the responses. I do understand that the wine is not complimentary from room service and we have no problem bringing a glass down from one of the bars or having a bottle in the room. I'm delighted that we can get some shrimp to munch on to go along with the wine. One more thing to look forward to.... :):D:):D:)

My sister in law and I found peal and eat shrimp on NCL buffet one time and took a bowl out to our husband's. It would be great if Celebrity would have the same thing. I don't mind getting a bowl and going to our balcony for drinks and shrimp. Has anyone been on the Reflection and know if they have any?

Are these farmed shrimp or wild caught? Maybe not a big deal to some but a big deal to me :D

Judging by how limp and chewy they can be, my guess is that they just defrost them out of the bag from who knows where.

Edited by Iamcruzin

I was in Tarpon Springs and got some shrimp off the boat. Wow! Amazing. Really tasty. Up in New England, all the shrimp comes in frozen. Some is from the Gulf of Mexico and some from China. There is nothing like fresh shrimp!

I was in Tarpon Springs and got some shrimp off the boat. Wow! Amazing. Really tasty. Up in New England, all the shrimp comes in frozen. Some is from the Gulf of Mexico and some from China. There is nothing like fresh shrimp!

Tarpon Springs is an awesome area:D...did you see all the shrimp

boats? Lots of seafood places......:D....FRESH off the boat is right.:)

Tarpon Springs is an awesome area:D...did you see all the shrimp

boats? Lots of seafood places......:D....FRESH off the boat is right.:)

There are amazing Greek restaurants in that area as well. We went to the docks and got shrimp off the boat. Grilled it that evening per instructions. I never had shrimp like that! That area had been big for sponges.

Are these farmed shrimp or wild caught?

Are they from China or the Gulf?

I need to know if they are conservative or liberal... Jew or Gentile... AFC or NFC...:eek: :D :p

Edited by teecee60

I need to know if they are conservative or liberal... Jew or Gentile... AFC or NFC...:eek: :D :p

LOL Seriously, though, huge difference in taste. I never get shrimp on a cruise because they are the nasty farmed variety. :(

There are amazing Greek restaurants in that area as well. We went to the docks and got shrimp off the boat. Grilled it that evening per instructions. I never had shrimp like that! That area had been big for sponges.

I was going to post that in my previous reply but totally forgot.....

LOTS of Greek places for sure:D.....love that food too! I have been

there...sponges, greek food, shrimp.......all good!

Edited by Lois R

My sister in law and I found peal and eat shrimp on NCL buffet one time and took a bowl out to our husband's. It would be great if Celebrity would have the same thing. I don't mind getting a bowl and going to our balcony for drinks and shrimp. Has anyone been on the Reflection and know if they have any?

Maybe at dinner time .. but if interested, I have seen sushi in the buffet. I am not a fan but know others that are and they were more than happy to grab some for a balcony party.

LOL Seriously, though, huge difference in taste. I never get shrimp on a cruise because they are the nasty farmed variety. :(

And the nasty farm is probably in Thailand, Indonesia, India or China. I can't say I won't eat them on a ship, but when I buy any seafood in a shop at home, it better say "Product of the USA or Canada" and be wild caught except, maybe, for mussels.