cruise ship photography ..saw this and made me giggle

Lovely other

I think most of those shots were from NCL back in the days when you HAD to have your picture taken when boarding (or entering the MDR) I know if he ever took my picture, the expression was a lot worse than most of those grumpy old men... (And I was YOUNG back then!)

Obviously, one of my pet peeves is pushy photographers..... :D

Well, the guy all bundled up against the cold weather is me in Alaska. I lived in my knee-length down parka on our cruisetour a couple of years ago. One day it actually got warm enough I could shed it for a couple of hours in the middle of the day and the bus driver kidded me about not knowing I was on his bus, since he had only ever seen me in my parka.

It was insured for $20 million while only worth about $4-5 million. ;)

I took the SeaBreeze in 1978 with my family. We had a rocky ride back from Cozumel, just missing Hurricane Mitch. The back of the ship kept coming out of the water and you could hear a loud grinding noise. It was really scary. That was the same storm that a Windjammer ship sank off of Roatan. We were in Roatan a few days earlier and had a beautiful day. The captain claimed it was a cold front coming through. It wasn't until we got to Key West that we were asked about sailing through the hurricane. We were like, WHAT!! That explains the ride. We were lucky to be ahead of the storm.

Seabreeze was with Dolphin Cruise Lines which later became Premier. We sailed with our 2 sons in 1997. While the ship was old, the food was probably the best we have had on our 18 cruises. It was the same food company (I think they were called Apollo) that handled food for the early Celebrity cruise ships.

Nice. Taking pictures without permission, and then posting the most ridiculous ones on the internet to be laughed at long after the passengers have passed. The internet sure does breed rudeness- not that ship photographers need much persuading.

Yup, don't have to look far to find rudeness on the internet. :)

Excuse me, but they are now "image creators"..........at least that's what I heard the photo gallery manager call his people with the cameras on the Morning Show on the Zuidy just this last week.

So, then I guess, they are no longer photos or pictures, but "image creations" and the gallery should also be renamed the "image creation gallery" it seems to me.

What was so funny to us was the costumes they came up with at the various ports, some making no sense at all. One in particular comes to mind that was a belly dancing type of costume in a port/country where that would not be the norm. Sorry, but I forget which port...........