Afraid to book adventure of the seas

masim17

We traveled back in June and we had an almost 6 year old in our group. He had an amazing time in adventure ocean. The pirate parade was one of his highlights. But he also came with different fun facepaint a few of the nights (super hero, animals, etc) he had a really excellent time.

The adventure is not what I imagine quantum and anthem are like. (I haven't sailed on them, but I have this perception of extra shine and glam everywhere. But she is a solid, we'll kept ship. And honestly, we were having such a great time that we didn't notice.

There were a few issues that I haven't even mentioned on this site because I worry about the perception of such a great ship. While I have some documented evidence of the wear and tear, it did not effect my vacation one bit. Would we sail on her again? Absolutely.

We sail on her in Mar 2016 and looking forward to it. Take the reviews with a grain of salt. I do extensive research when planning vacations/cruises and utilize both CC, TripAdvisor and other review sites to form an opinion. If I read and took to heart all the negative things I read about Jewel of the Seas or Serenade of the Seas, we would have never set foot on either ship. We sailed on both and had a wonderful time. Likewise, we look forward to sailing on the AOS. :cool:

I am booked on Adventure this October. Now you now if you follow these boards enough that you can't go by all the negativity. you can pull up any ship in the fleet and find a bunch of negative reviews about any of them but people get scared and nervous because they have read a bunch of them for their currently booked cruise. Trust me....the next ship you book you can read the same thing especially if it is not one of the big newer ships! I pay no attention to all the mess that is talked about on here about how bad the ships are! :cool:

We sailed her in June this year and had a great time. She is the largest ship we had ever sailed and were concerned about crowds and kids - all unfounded. Our cabin was fine, yes the carpet was a bit worn but that hardly impacts the enjoyment of my holiday. The solarium pool was lovely and on sea days though crowded in the morning we could get chairs by lunchtime. Have a great time!

I'm going on the Adventure in a few weeks and I already have another cruise booked on her for Feb 2017. I'll probably be doing a review when I return, so I'll take plenty of pictures for you. I don't ask for much when I cruise, so I'm looking forward to having a great time.

Looking forward to your review.

I was on Adventure 2 weeks ago and it was the BEST VACATION EVER! I'm not sure why all the negative comments... The ship was fabulous, service top notch, food great, wonderful itinerary... My kids had a ball.. I'd book her again in a heart beat!!!

I'm going on the Adventure in a few weeks and I already have another cruise booked on her for Feb 2017. I'll probably be doing a review when I return, so I'll take plenty of pictures for you. I don't ask for much when I cruise, so I'm looking forward to having a great time.

You will be doing it for me too! But you will be on twice before me/us. Are you hitting Aruba, Bonaire, and Curacao on either trip?

I have cruised many times on RCI, am a diamond member. I am planning to book a cruise with my son, DIL and then 4 year old granddaughter. I like to try the newer ships, but they want to leave from Puerto Rico so they can spend a few days there prior to the cruise. I have read so many negatives about the condition of this ship I am afraid to try it. We are going on the Anthem next June, and this would be in Oct, 2016. I want this to be a great experience for them, but this ship will be 1 1/2 years older by then. This is the only RCI ship leaving from PR. Should I consider another line, or can someone talk me off the ledge.

We sailed on AOS this last March. We had a wonderful time. My wife and I sailed on her 5 years ago and had a great time then. I would not hesitate to sail on her again any time.

I'm going to do a B2B southern caribbean on her in May 2016...no doubts at all..sorry you have some..I'm excited for that cruise.

Just came off a B2B on Adventure on Aug. 1st. You will have a great time. Be prepared to be tired though. So much to do at every port. Very hot. Lots of walking. We loved it!

Just came off a B2B on Adventure on Aug. 1st. You will have a great time. Be prepared to be tired though. So much to do at every port. Very hot. Lots of walking. We loved it!

Thanks...I know we'll have a great time.

Mind sharing what you did or what your favorite things were at each port ?

past four years we have been on b2b cruises on her. Loved loved loved this ship and the crew. Wow...we have met so many great crew members that are like family to us. Can't tell you how many great people we have met on board and table mates that we have become friends with and 2017 we will all be together again!!!!

Sailed on her B2B (so both itineraries) back in June and the ship and staff were great. Probably saw the senior officers more often on these cruises than any other ship. Normally we sail Princess, but we love sailing out of San Juan and picked Adventure (sister of Navigator that we have sailed on three times). The only issue I can see is that if they are taking the baby the nursery is pay-only for infants.

These are port-intensive cruises, so make sure you research what is available in each port. All the islands are great and there is a lot to do. You won't get all the bells and whistles of Oasis, but you are not going to spend all that much time onboard anyway.

We certainly would be happy to sail on this ship any time!

Now you now if you follow these boards enough that you can't go by all the negativity.

I pay no attention to all the mess that is talked about on here about how bad the ships are! :cool:

...and I totally concur with you. Personal reviews should be taken with a grain of salt.

We did a B2B on Adventure last May and it was easily one of our favorite cruises ever. The staff on the ship are pretty amazing (especially the CD staff) and the ship is a perfect size. The food was really good (even in the Windjammer for dinner). You can do great B2B itineraries because it goes to different places, etc.

The ship is in ship shape.

We even went to all of the shows and some of them twice.

I'd go again in a heartbeat.

Tom