luggage tags

tyler6597

I can print out my boarding pass and luggage tags tomorrow but i was wondering if princess offers the option of mailing plastic or plastic like tags. I know that RCCL does that on a limited basis but hopefully someone here can let me know.

I can print out my boarding pass and luggage tags tomorrow but i was wondering if princess offers the option of mailing plastic or plastic like tags. I know that RCCL does that on a limited basis but hopefully someone here can let me know.

Not that I know of.

On the subject of luggage tags; do the paper luggage tags (from Princess) hold up during an airplane flight? I've always had access to a stapler before our cruise, and attached them at the hotel. This is one of the few cruises, we are not doing a pre cruise night. We'll be flying in to Fort Lauderdale in the morning, so I was wondering if I should attach the tags pre flight. Any insight is welcome. Thanks

On the subject of luggage tags; do the paper luggage tags (from Princess) hold up during an airplane flight? I've always had access to a stapler before our cruise, and attached them at the hotel. This is one of the few cruises, we are not doing a pre cruise night. We'll be flying in to Fort Lauderdale in the morning, so I was wondering if I should attach the tags pre flight. Any insight is welcome. Thanks

We put them in between a plastic page protector. Fold as required then tape with clear shipping tape (staple if possible). I could lift up my bag with them. Never had them come off.

We used to never put them on until we were at the port city airport.

Now we put them on before we leave home. Just in case they disappear.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Even if you didn't book a Princess transfer you can ask the Princess rep at the baggage claim to let you use her stapler.

Many people, myself included, use plastic luggage tag holders that are designed for cruise tags. CC sells them and you can get them from various other sources as well. I got mine from a specific vendor but I don't think CC allows mentioning their name. Google for cruise luggage tag holders.

Below is an image from the Internet. This is not my tag - just a random image that shows what I'm talking about.

luggage%20tag%20holder_zpstgesafno.jpg

We use the 2" packing tape. Just fold the luggage tags and run a long piece to cover the length with enough left over to fold under on the ends. Makes a strong tag. We take a small roll with us and tape the ends once we run it through our luggage handle.

Many people, myself included, use plastic luggage tag holders that are designed for cruise tags. CC sells them and you can get them from various other sources as well. I got mine from a specific vendor but I don't think CC allows mentioning their name. Google for cruise luggage tag holders.

Below is an image from the Internet. This is not my tag - just a random image that shows what I'm talking about.

Those tags are what we use too. Very easy and reusable from cruise to cruise. I can't imagine messing around with clear packing tape when these are so inexpensive.

Edited by pcsunlover

do the paper luggage tags (from Princess) hold up during an airplane flight? I've always had access to a stapler before our cruise, and attached them at the hotel. This is one of the few cruises, we are not doing a pre cruise night. We'll be flying in to Fort Lauderdale in the morning, so I was wondering if I should attach the tags pre flight. Any insight is welcome. Thanks

I would advise against putting the tags on your bags before you arrive at Lauderdale as they may very well get torn off during handling. If you are getting a Princess transfer to the pier, the personnel who will meet you at the airport should have access to a stapler. If you are handling your own transportation to the pier, then put them on once you reach the pier. As don't know how bags are handled at Lauderdale, I can't tell you what will happen at the pier, but in Seattle you can either get labels attached at the longshoreman clerk's desk at the front of the building or back at the luggage scanner inside the building.

I hope you have a safe trip to/from the pier and a great cruise.

Tom

Were/are you referring to Favors by Serendipity, or another vendor? Serendipity is where I bought my holders, several cruises ago, and they're still going strong.

Edited by Treven

Hi, We printed the tags on thick paper and folded them over before using a laminator with A4 plastic. Then cut the excess plastic off, punched a hole with a hole puncher.

We plan to put them on the luggage before boarding the ship, using plastic zip ties. They look very durable.

Hope this might help someone.

Regards Peter

As an alternative to the luggage tag kit shown below (coluggage urtesy of chrysalis), you can punch a hole in the folded tag where the staple would go and attach it to your luggage with a cable tie.

Luggagetagkit.jpg

Seriously?? I just use the paper tags on all cruise lines. Over 25 cruises, no problems yet. Hope I have'nt jinxed myself for next cruise. I don't put them on until on way to ship, if flying direct always someone who has a stapler.

Enjoy your cruise, don't sweat the small stuff.

Love my luggage tags as shown above. But I bought the 6 inch loops and have wished ever since I got the 9 inch loops. Mine work fine but sometimes have to work at getting it through. I should buy some more now. I always make tags for other people and don't always get them back :mad:!

We use the 2" packing tape. Just fold the luggage tags and run a long piece to cover the length with enough left over to fold under on the ends. Makes a strong tag. We take a small roll with us and tape the ends once we run it through our luggage handle.

Same here, PERFECT solution.

If you have a A4 paper laminator at home or workplace, I suggest laminating the folded luggage tag. Cut off the excess plastic when done. It may pose a little difficulty as the paper is thicker when folded, but we managed to get it done. Cost : Free :D

wlatnb.jpg

Edited by eldridchapman

When's the earliest you can print off the luggage tags if you haven't pre-registered a credit card?

We haven't pre registered a card as we are using cash deposit. Was told by Princess we will have to use generic tags available at pier. Didn't think about it at the time, but wondering exactly how this works, since we drop off luggage before we check in and pay our deposit....

We still are purchasing those nifty luggage tags from Amazon though, and will put said generic tags in them at the pier.