Category 'W', suite GTY, Oasis

There is always a chance with a W of getting a higher suite.

It is interesting that sometimes the category description will read, W, Suite GTY and other times it will actually say W, Junior Suite GTY.

Sometimes these are assigned directly and other times as late as at the pier. While you sometimes get a prime JS as they upgrade someone else to make room for you, they most often grant only JS.

Given the number of junior suites versus the number of other kinds of suites, odds are that you will get a junior suite. Also, Royal might want that unsold better suite to bump up a Pinnacle or Diamond Plus guest to. My advice would be, don't book a Category W unless you would be perfectly happy to sail in a junior suite - and then you might be pleasantly surprised to get something better.

Edited by blueblock

THank you all. Presently booked in a balcony cabin on deck 8. There are 4 of us (DW, DS8, and DS11) so I know we will be tight in there so wondering about booking a W GTY just for the extra room. However, we really like the location of our current cabin, midship, next to the cafe, central park, etc. So trying to weigh whether a Jr Suite in a not-as-great location would be desirable to the regular cabin in a terrific location. We have never been on RCCL before so not familiar with their cabins.

Definitely go for the W if the money is within your budget. I wouldn't want to do more than three in one regular room, even with kids.

In addition to more room to spread out, the walk-in closet will double as a changing room, so that you can all get ready at the same time while still having privacy.

If "W" gty is available for 4 people, that would be well worth the extra money. On most ships, a "W" gty is only available for 2 people.

I agree that it might well be worth the money. It is unusual to be able to book a W for four, so whole contemplating the decision, the OP should place a hold on that W pronto. It would be a pity if the W for 4 disappeared while their party talks it over