Barbecue

dakrewser

Thanks all. I imagine it will be our stop in Cozumel as we're there until 11 PM. A good night for alternative dining (Tamarind or PG? hmmm)

This past February on the Nieuw Amsterdam the BBQ was in Cozumel with, needless to say, a Mexican theme. There was a local mariachi band for entertainment too. We were late getting back from Tulum and the band was leaving as we arrived, but others said they were entertaining. We hit the very tail end of the BBQ and enjoyed it.

For Caribbean sailings, it's almost always a day when you are in port late. That's often Cozumel, San Juan, or Curacao. Just take a look at your itinerary, and you can probably venture an educated guess.

Hmmm. How late is late? Our latest port is Cabo San Lucas departing at 7... Probably too early for a BBQ?

I don't remember a BBQ on a Mexican Riviera cruise - but I've only done one on HAL and that was 10 years ago!

Hmmm. How late is late? Our latest port is Cabo San Lucas departing at 7... Probably too early for a BBQ?

That's perfect timing for a barbecue. I would expect them to start service about 5:00, and continue until about 8:00-ish.

The barbecue time is going to be similar to the dining hours, or normal Lido dinner hours.

For those wondering......

When they have a barbecue on deck, the MDR is always open for those who prefer to dine there instead of B'que..

We've eaten at the BBQ twice, if I recall, it's good to check it out. Now, we opt for the MDR instead.