Can you smoke in the outside area of diamond lounge

billy10

I love this lounge very much espe c ially for this outside area.

Ash trays do not necessary indicate that smoking is allowed. This outdoor ares is on port side where as the outdoor smoking are on starbord.

Long story short, please ask the concierge.

Ash trays do not necessary indicate that smoking is allowed. This outdoor ares is on port side where as the outdoor smoking are on starbord.

The lounge is on the starboard side, not port.

Edited by Aquahound

I love this lounge very much espe c ially for this outside area.

Long story short, please ask the concierge.

The detective in me leads me to believe that if there are ashtrays, it's more likely than not, a smoking area. Just sayin'...

The detective in me leads me to believe that if there are ashtrays, it's more likely than not, a smoking area. Just sayin'...

It looks like there is one ashtray. Could have been brought there from a smoking area. I'll find out in 3 weeks. I've not seen one there on my other NV cruises.

It looks like there is one ashtray. Could have been brought there from a smoking area. I'll find out in 3 weeks. I've not seen one there on my other NV cruises.

First hand knowledge is always the best.

I think that this post may give you the answer:

(I did the highlighting)

From November 22, 2014 thru March 8, 2015 I have been on 4 different ships and each has treated the overflow for Diamonds and above differently.

Does anyone know if a new policy has been put in place per the new CEO or is it just different depending on the ship and/or the Concierge ?

Examples :

Independence of the Seas - 11/22/2014

Overflow in the DL was resolved by opening up both card rooms

Liberty of the Seas 12/1/2014 thru 12/20/2014 (4 b2b's )

For 2 cruises the card rooms were open and for the other 2 cruises the Viking Lounge was used with a sign by the entrance saying private party for Diamonds and up

Adventure of the Seas - 1/18/2015 & 1/25/2015

There was no overflow lounge, however the deck overlooking the basketball court was open with seating and bar stools for an additional 50 folks. Also of note for smokers, since the smoking is on the starboard side on this ship, smoking was allowed outside on 1/2 the deck.

Freedom of the Seas - 2/22/2015 & 3/1/2015

No rooms open for overflow. Also, the deck was closed for an unspecified reason.

On each cruise there was a 3 drink voucher loaded on your seapass for use in most bars during the DL happy hour time - 3 & 1/2 hours nightly.

We've noticed ash trays on all the ships with DL up there.

And noted one or two people smoking once or twice.

Which is to say- just because people can smoke there does not mean people will be. It's far more likely that you will be the only ones out there than there will be someone smoking.

We've not experienced any smoking on the outdoor DL areas to date. But that certainly doesn't mean it wouldn't happen. Also note that while many RCI ships have smoking on the starboard side, not all do. Case in point was our July Liberty cruise where smoking was designated on the port side. So in that case it would not be permitted in the DL outside area.

I know they do allow it on the Adventure outside DL on the section next to the steps about 8 seats only which is very nice for those who smoke. It did not bother the rest of us one bit so it was a nice policy for both smokers and non-smokers.

I'm sorry I asked the question but thanks to everyone who gave a civil answer & to poppyandnana I asked here because most people on cruise critic know more than the cruiseline of course I also have to deal with smart remarks from people like you. I just asked a simple question if you don't have an answer just move on, get a life. I thought these boards were for questions & ANSWERS

I'm sorry I asked the question but thanks to everyone who gave a civil answer & to poppyandnana I asked here because most people on cruise critic know more than the cruiseline of course I also have to deal with smart remarks from people like you. I just asked a simple question if you don't have an answer just move on, get a life. I thought these boards were for questions & ANSWERS

If that was directed at me, my apologies. I re-read my original post, and it might have been misleading. The ban has stopped most people. However, at least once or twice per cruise, I have been standing at my balcony and looked around (up, down, left, right), and spotted someone smoking.

So it's definitely diminished, but it has not altogether disappeared.

As for the cigars, this is like my little confession booth!:cool: On Allure last year, twice late at night, I sat on my balcony and smoked a cigar. I was in an L1 Crown Loft, and the balconies on either side were dark and closed up. No staterooms above or below. Not saying that makes it okay, but I took a chance and got away with it. Sorry anonymous strangers, I hope you can forgive me!

It doesn't stop people... I've seen smokers on balconies on every cruise since the ban went into affect. I've also enjoyed an occasional late night cigar on my balcony (shhh.... don't tell!).

If that was directed at me, my apologies. I re-read my original post, and it might have been misleading. The ban has stopped most people. However, at least once or twice per cruise, I have been standing at my balcony and looked around (up, down, left, right), and spotted someone smoking.

So it's definitely diminished, but it has not altogether disappeared.

As for the cigars, this is like my little confession booth!:cool: On Allure last year, twice late at night, I sat on my balcony and smoked a cigar. I was in an L1 Crown Loft, and the balconies on either side were dark and closed up. No staterooms above or below. Not saying that makes it okay, but I took a chance and got away with it. Sorry anonymous strangers, I hope you can forgive me!

To the part I highlighted.....Are you a 15 year old teenager? Immature and entitled it seems. I know, the rules don't apply to you - you must be something "special".

So, if you've done it and have "first hand experience" with it, why did you start this thread?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2246442

Seems like you're the expert the others should be asking, not you asking them.:rolleyes: