anyone have luck having a charge removed?

eandj

Does this use up internet minutes, (which accumulate quickly because of the snail paced internet on-board), or is it a no charge option?

No charge to use the intranet. As others have said, all you need is a web browser. The app is not required.

Does this use up internet minutes, (which accumulate quickly because of the snail paced internet on-board), or is it a no charge option?

No. It is on the intranet. No charge. No "minutes" to worry about. You do not connect to the Internet.

We had an issue with a transfer we no longer wanted and the pursers deck could not refund it. We followed up on the contact us section of Princes.com and had emails and a phone call a couple weeks later. We only asked for a refund but they doubled the amount owed which was great customer service.

DH checks ours while cruising but have never had a problem with Princess so does so less frequently.

Once home , he looked at our final bill and noticed we had be charged for drinks in a specialty restaurant when we had and had given our cards with the All Inclusive Beverage Sticker.

Called our Travel Agent and told her OBC for our next cruise would be fine.

She called back telling us it had been done BUT "customer disputes" found some other charges as well and would like to contact us directly if it would be all right.

Seems they didn't understand why we had been charged for any drinks on our cruise. DH told them he had bought some drinks for OTHERS so he charged them to his card because they were NOT for him.

They thanked him for being honest & paying when buying drinks for others and for their problem with the mischarge on ours.

We were given a very (much better than deserved) OBC! :)

LuLu

What concerns me is that none of us will complain (or stand in line) to have a small, incorrect charge taken off of our statement the last night or morning. We were over charged by $7.00. It's not worth it to try to get it back. BUT, if everyone (or even half the cruiser's) are charged an extra $7.00 that they don't object to, the cruise line has now made some big bucks! 2000 passenger's time's $7.00??

Not an incorrect charge, but my wife was able to have the cleaning fee for my 1 yr old removed on two separate cruises last year.

You sent your 1-year-old out to be cleaned? Wouldn't it have been easier to have used the bathroom in your cabin?

What concerns me is that none of us will complain (or stand in line) to have a small, incorrect charge taken off of our statement the last night or morning. We were over charged by $7.00. It's not worth it to try to get it back. BUT, if everyone (or even half the cruiser's) are charged an extra $7.00 that they don't object to, the cruise line has now made some big bucks! 2000 passenger's time's $7.00??

No problem. Call when you get home and have your TA take care of it for you. :D

We check our OBA on a regular basis. We did have a problem a few years ago with a charge for something DW didn't receive. We contacted Princess a day or so after we got home and they turned themselves inside out correcting the matter...we couldn't have been more pleased.

I thought about that, too, especially concerning a recent incident on the Caribbean Princess when the restaurant manager put a $7 charge for a glass of wine on my bill even though I was on the AIBP. I asked the service desk to remove the charge, which they did, but the restaurant manager put the charge back on my bill just before I disembarked. There were long lines at the service desk and I had an early morning tour, so I didn't have time to have the incorrect charge taken off again. If the restaurant manager was systemically mistreating other passengers the same way, it could add up to big bucks.

Edited by Mackenzie1

I check my onboard account at least three times--once at the beginning of the cruise to make sure my credits are appearing correctly, once near the middle to make sure there are not any incorrect charges, and once the last afternoon to do the same thing.

The only time I've had a problem on a Princess ship was when we had the Ultimate Balcony Dinner and asked for a bottle of wine instead of the champagne. We ended up getting charged for it on our last statement. Guest relations said that the charges had already gone through, but I made sure she made a note on my copy.

Customer service credited my account a few days after I emailed my complaint.

UPDATE ... Just received a call from Princess relations dept. Michelle offered an apology and will be crediting our account for the unexplainable wine charge.
DH will be checking our account daily to avoid these mistakes in the future.;)

Twice I had bar charges show up that weren't mine. Once they pulled out the paper backup and it clearly wasn't my signature. The second time, I was just told at the front desk (on a different ship) that the night manager (I believe it was) would check it and it indeed vanished the next day without further intervention on my part.

I check the account the night of or (at the latest) the morning after embarkation to ensure the proper credits have shown up (sometimes they do take overnight), then every couple of days. If I'm in the area of the front desk and the machines aren't busy (people do tend to stand right there to check the statements), I'll swipe my card. Edited by Wehwalt