Really screwed up! Shuttle from ft lauderdale port to Miami airport??

crazyboutdisney

So frustrated with myself right now!!! We booked our flights into and out of Miami and we are sailing from ft lauderdale! Totally my fault....too many things going on and booked the cruise this past spring. Anyway....

.I can deal with the flight there....it's the day before and so I am not concerned. But we have a 1215 out of miami! And I haven't called them yet but from what I see American Airlines charges a huge fee to change! Is it even possible to think we can self assist off and make it to Miami in time? Traveling with my friend and this is her first cruise....can't believe I made such a stupid mistake. Grrrrr!

Edit: I misread the original post - Miami port to FLL airport would have been doable (1hr drive), not Port Canaveral to Miami airport, it's a 3.5 hour drive. I don't think you can make the 12:15 flight.

Edited by Illyria

Take a deep breath. People disembarking at Port Everglades make 11:00 flights at FLL regularly so a 12:15 from MIA (a 45-60 minute drive as opposed to the 10 min to FLL) is doable. Safest but most expensive way is to just jump in a cab rather than wait for a shared shuttle. Check in and security at the newly expanded AA/US terminal at MIA will be faster than at FLL on busy cruise turnaround days.

(I am assuming this is not a weekday on which you would hit rush hour gridlock getting from Broward to Miami-Dade county; if it is you may just have to change those flights)

Ok so we could do this? We carried off last yr at Port everglades and were off the ship really early. This transfer carnival offers....it's a bus? Is there the possibility we would be waiting for others and take too long or does it fill up fast? This is something I have never researched

Ok so we could do this? We carried off last yr at Port everglades and were off the ship really early. This transfer carnival offers....it's a bus? Is there the possibility we would be waiting for others and take too long or does it fill up fast? This is something I have never researched

I would think most are buses

Hal had a big bus the 1st bus left before 9am we did not make it

we finally got the next bus .....after 10 am made it to MIA in time for our 12:20 flt

I would ask Carnival what time the bus leaves so you can make the 1st one

Edited by LHT28

Yes, if you take the Carnival transfers it will be a bus and you will wait for it to fill up. If I were you I would be off the ship as soon as possible and arrange a shuttle to take me to Miami.

I am thinking about this and maybe a taxi is our best option. Theres four of us so the shuttle w carnival would be 120 and a taxi roughly 80. And we. Could grab a taxi right off the ship and go.

A taxi would work better for 4 cost wise

I am thinking about this and maybe a taxi is our best option. Theres four of us so the shuttle w carnival would be 120 and a taxi roughly 80. And we. Could grab a taxi right off the ship and go.

I would check with a car service - you can book ahead, and unlike a taxi, it's usually a flat fee. We once took a taxi from Miami to Fort Lauderdale and with traffic, that meter ran up a lot more than we had expected. Not to mention that the driver took us on a roundabout route to get us to our destination.

Stay away from transfers through the ship - you will wait for the bus to fill up and your luggage may be on a separate truck. Not to mention they are pricier. We recently cruised Alaska out of Seattle and our flight home was at 11 a.m. We walked off the ship with our luggage and had arranged a car service prior to embarkation. We were at the airport in plenty of time. I'm sure there are similar services in most cruise ports - check reviews on-line and good luck!

Edited by ninaslcpa

This is going to be the fastest, least stressful way to get to the Miami Airport.

Get off first if you possibly can.

The morning commute from Fort Lauderdale to Miami is gridlock, so hopefully you are traveling Saturday or Sunday. If not plan for a 70-90 minute drive.

Get off the boat first.

Is a Saturday so thats in our favor! lol I am just so frustrated with myself right now!! Grrrrr!!!! On the upside, the whole reason we flew into Miami instead of Ft Lauderdale is because the flights were considerably cheaper and its a direct flight so the money we saved we are now spending in transfer fees lol

Is a Saturday so thats in our favor! lol I am just so frustrated with myself right now!! Grrrrr!!!! On the upside, the whole reason we flew into Miami instead of Ft Lauderdale is because the flights were considerably cheaper and its a direct flight so the money we saved we are now spending in transfer fees lol

Sometime it just does pay to fly with the cheapest airfare :D

You can also try to use Uber and Lyft - they pick up SUPER fast from Port of Miami and have used them loads of times

Plus, your first ride with Uber and Lyft are free - I use them all the time out of DFW airport/MIA airport and pretty much everytime I cruise

Usually the fare is much cheaper than a taxi and is flat rate :)

You can also try to use Uber and Lyft - they pick up SUPER fast from Port of Miami and have used them loads of times

Plus, your first ride with Uber and Lyft are free - I use them all the time out of DFW airport/MIA airport and pretty much everytime I cruise

Usually the fare is much cheaper than a taxi and is flat rate :)

Uber has pulled out of Fort Lauderdale so unfortunately that isn't an option right now.

Check back next month.

So frustrated with myself right now!!! We booked our flights into and out of Miami and we are sailing from ft lauderdale! Totally my fault....too many things going on and booked the cruise this past spring. Anyway....

.I can deal with the flight there....it's the day before and so I am not concerned. But we have a 1215 out of miami! And I haven't called them yet but from what I see American Airlines charges a huge fee to change! Is it even possible to think we can self assist off and make it to Miami in time? Traveling with my friend and this is her first cruise....can't believe I made such a stupid mistake. Grrrrr!

Since you would have to pay a change fee I would keep everything and just use a private car service to get you there, cost should balance out with the change fees. Chalk it up to vacation cost

Edited by setsail

Larry's Limos is often suggested for Miami service and Go Airport offers great rates for private town car service.

I emailed Larrys Limos to get some information. I have emailed a few other places also. Have you ever heard of Metro Shuttle Service?? I guess worse case scenario we will take a taxi and pay the price. I just want to get there ontime. Anything we will pay will be less than the $800 American will charge us to change flights!! Which is just insane!

We normally fly Southwest and I am just used to their great polices....like changing flights for free! *sigh* Live and learn I guess. I know I wont be making this mistake again!! So mad at myself!

Have used Larrys limo many times and very happy with their service

That is good to hear because I think that is who we are going to go with. This is a mom/daughter trip so I am going to look at it like we are splurging with a private car. That's how I will make myself feel better lol

That is good to hear because I think that is who we are going to go with. This is a mom/daughter trip so I am going to look at it like we are splurging with a private car. That's how I will make myself feel better lol

Somehow one of my girlfriends knows Larry and he always gives us a great deal and he always drives. Super nice guy, immaculate limo, always goes the extra mile.

I cannot recommend him enough.