Curtis Stone restaurant is called 'SHARE'

InTheWASide

The Cruise Critic news article confirms what Pam already told us: "It will replace the line's long-standing Italian restaurant, Sabatini's, on Emerald Princess, Ruby Princess, Coral Princess and Sun Princess".

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=6458

So far we're getting details but not the cost...wonder if that means it'll be significantly higher than the current $25 specialty dinners & is why the price is not being disclosed. :confused: Like so many things adding a celebrity's name can result in a increased price to pay any celebrity. ;)

Edited by Astro Flyer

After reading the article, it strikes me that the concept has more of a (gastro)pub feel. In other words, you may be seated at a larger communal table across from your companion(s) and can order your own shareable entrees/tapas with your companion(s). I don't think you'll share a meal with strangers, but you might be seated next to another party at the table. Now the Chef's Table I'd bet would be a different story.

However, I agree it's not very conducive to a special romantic meal, which is why many spend the extra $ to dine at the specialty venues.

I might be willing to try it once more info comes out, but I doubt the majority of the Princess demographic won't be that thrilled with it. Personally, I found Stone's comments (about how this is how HE likes to dine) come across as a bit pretentious.

So I wonder what they do about the breakfast perk in Sabatini's for suite guest on those ships losing Sabatini's.

Crown Grill is a very nice area to have breakfast. Even when Sabatini's goes away the restaurant will still be there with different furnishings.

Joe, based on this statement that may not be an option: "A signature feature of SHARE is a communal table designed to encourage the sharing of a freshly prepared meal in the company of friends and family".

To me it sounds more like the Chinese meal concept where you order various meals and share them. You can be a party of two or six or ten.

I am amazed at so much negativity before anyone even understands the concept!

I've dined at "family style" restaurants with a party of 2 without any problems sharing with strangers. I'm sure they will have as many tables for 2 that are needed, or 3 or 4. Looking forward to trying something new on Princess on the Ruby next year!

I was so excited that they were going to have a new "Curtis Stone" venue, and am now so bummed at this whole communal style concept. As a person with both food allergies and a vegetarian this just doesn't work for me if I cannot choose my own food. Maybe Princess feels there will still be plenty of takers, but I know I am not the only person who has dietary restrictions that makes this type of place a no go for me.

However, if it is structured more like Qsine on X where each table orders multiple dishes and shares, that might be workable. That way I only have to torture my family with everything I cannot eat, and leave everyone else in peace.

CoffeHound, I am bummed also I also have food allergies and diabetic this will stop me going there. I also like Sabatini's and hate that this concept will take its place.

Joe, based on this statement that may not be an option: "A signature feature of SHARE is a communal table designed to encourage the sharing of a freshly prepared meal in the company of friends and family".

"...in the company of friends and family" sounds like you won't be forced to share with strangers, but I could be wrong.

Of course one only has to look on Princess' website to look at the concept photos that clearly show more than just a communal table available....

http://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/curtis-stone/share-photo-gallery/

I'm willing to keep an open mind, but I am worried. I see what looks like an awful lot of larger tables and maybe one 2 top in the back there? I'm with Treven, if I wanted to share a table, I would eat in the MDR.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that all of my worry is much ado about nothing!

Share will replace Sabatini's on Emerald, Ruby and Coral. On Sun it will replace the pizzeria. (From Cruise Radio)

I'm not a fan of this concept. Probably fun if you're traveling with friends and family but not with strangers. Smacks too much of boarding school to me. There's always someone who takes a bigger portion not to mention you're sitting there with your food getting cold waiting for the next platter.

Pam,

Agree....not at all happy about this and we will be on Emerald in Feb. I am highly allergic to shellfish....in CG they grille the asparagus on the same grill as the shrimp and have to do mine different. I even get swelling if someone touches a utensil and then another and I touch it.

We do a suite to get Sabatini breakfast table for 2. What will happen there?????

So I wonder what they do about the breakfast perk in Sabatini's for suite guest on those ships losing Sabatini's.

Breakfast there was a location to have it in, not a special Italian menu.

The same Sabatini's breakfast currently offered can be offered in the same location after it is renamed to Share.

Breakfast there was a location to have it in, not a special Italian menu.

The same Sabatini's breakfast currently offered can be offered in the same location after it is renamed to Share.

Good point.

While some of the menu items sound interesting, the images of the venue itself look truly awful to me. The chairs look uncomfortable and lots of uncarpeted floor means the noise level may be bad. We enjoyed Sabatinis on the Emerald and her sisters and thought it was a lovely place to have an intimate dinner with good views sometimes (we loved dining there when we went through the Strait of Messina). This concept looks uninviting to me, but that's just my opinion.

We cruise to get away from our families ;), so the idea of communal meals with family holds no appeal whatsoever. We also always request a table for two in the MDR, so the idea of sharing platters with strangers has no appeal either.

I am also not willing to pay an upcharge to not eat some of the food that the communal table orders, given that I won't like every dish ordered (e.g., I don't do mushrooms). I'd rather pay an upcharge knowing I can choose the food I want from the courses I want and not have to negotiate with others about what the table will order.

Edited by hrhdhd

I may be one of the few who won't miss Sabatini's all that much. As I've said here (too many times, probably), we liked the original concept of the restaurant, and have become pretty bored with it since they changed to the standard restaurant style. So, something new might be nice for a change.

This, however ....

From the CC news item:

In other news, not sure if Pam can confirm this as well or not, but I've heard that the Wheelhouse Bar was being replaced in the semi-near future with a full time pub concept called Thirsty Dog Pub or Salty Dog Pub... something like that... don't recall the precise name

Not naming my source but they work in the corporate office and it was mentioned at a recent "here's the state of the company update" type meeting for all employees.

... would REALLY tick me off! The Wheelhouse is our favorite evening venue on all Princess ships. I would be very upset if they were to really make this change. :mad:

While some of the menu items sound interesting, the images of the venue itself look truly awful to me. The chairs look uncomfortable and lots of uncarpeted floor means the noise level may be bad. We enjoyed Sabatinis on the Emerald and her sisters and thought it was a lovely place to have an intimate dinner with good views sometimes (we loved dining there when we went through the Strait of Messina). This concept looks uninviting to me, but that's just my opinion.

oops

Edited by JF - retired RRT

I think that picture was his current land restaurant...the picture doesn't match the description in the article.

It's a drawing, not a photograph and if you look at the first drawing, the open windows on the side show the sea so it IS supposed to be a representation of what they plan to build. Plus the circular entrance DOES look a little like Sabatinis on the Emerald.

Count me in the NOT impressed group.

We also go to Specialty restaurants for romantic meals NOT for communal dining.

I certainly hope corporate will rethink this one before implementation.

And to those that said EVERYTHING is greeted with negativity on CC - I can't remember reading a single negative comment on the rollout of the Norman Love chocoalte desserts, etc.

(Which have lived up to all the hype. :D )