Dining room MDR singing and parade question

seapad

I think I've seen somewhere that the dining staff singing and parading in the MDR has been discontinued on all RCCL ships. Is this true?

I kind of enjoyed the social aspect of it. Hope someone can give a trip report on this topic.

Thank you.

I think I've seen somewhere that the dining staff singing and parading in the MDR has been discontinued on all RCCL ships. Is this true?

I kind of enjoyed the social aspect of it. Hope someone can give a trip report on this topic.

Thank you.

Depends on the ship. They sang and paraded a bit on the last night of our recent Enchantment cruise.

Thank you.

Nope. They sang on Freedom in March.

On the Radiance a couple of weeks ago, about mid week a few of the assistant servers (and whatever kids wanted to) danced to Gangnam Style on the landing of the stairs. Then the last night the assistant servers did the parade - which apparently only went through the MTD area, then sang along with a pre-recorded song while standing on the stairs.

On the Grandeur in early June, it still took place. It was at the end of the 2nd formal night (so day 6 I believe).

We had one of the chefs sing a pretty song of thanks in Italian. That was in addition to the parading around and recognizing the various staff involved in serving us. (MDR staff, chefs, staff from other venues such as Windjammer, etc.)

• Like 1

Thank you.

We did not have either on the last two cruises - - Brilliance and Serenade. We were told by our server that they had been cancelled due to the amount of time it took away from serving the guests. We missed it!

Depends on the ship. They sang and paraded a bit on the last night of our recent Enchantment cruise.

I haven't been on the oasis class since they remodeled the dining rooms for the anticipated then abandoned Dynamic dining. I wonder if they still do it there?

They did it on Freedom my last cruise.