Hurricane Danny

Hurricane season is 6 full months per year. This has also been the quietest and least active storm season in a LONG time.

So what was the lesson learned?

Those that are concerned about weather should consider booking "if' possible another time of year. The person (his wife) I was replying to seemed to have second thoughts. The quietest season could change with one storm. Unless your mother nature your opinion is only as good as mine!

Edited by davekathy

Why would she want to cancel a cruise that is more than two weeks away for a storm that is currently happening 1300 miles from any Caribbean landmass, and will be dead and gone by her cruise date? Seems odd...Perhaps, if her risk tolerance is so low, she should no longer book cruises during hurricane season!

She didnt book the cruise, I did. And i was being somewhat sarcastic. Perhaps I should have added a smiley face or something. Dont worry, were going and ill be sure to enjoy my loft suite.

Edited by TheMastodon

So now that they have upgraded Danny to a hurricane and it's projected path is heading toward many of the ports RCI goes to, I am a bit anxious about my cruise in 37 days and hurricanes since two of my past cruises have been ruined by hurricanes.

Any one leaving this weekend and gotten any emails about itinerary changes?

Hopefully the storm will just fizzle.

I am leaving Aug 30 on Freedom and have not heard anything from RCI. Based on the latest weather reports, Danny is supposed to weaken to a TS once it gets near Puerto Rico. This is a good sign when it comes to damage, but they do need the rain...

I am more concerned about the systems behind Danny. They look bigger and would be closer to my sailing and yours.

Either way, I've heard that RCI will just change the itinerary. It would drive my planning OCD up the wall, but it's better than the alternative.

This is my parents' first cruise ever and first vacation in 14 years. Praying for good weather!!!

In 37 days, the storm will be gone. If it affects any of your ports, they will re-route you. No worries! There's nothing you can do about it....but I do understand your anxiety. I think rainy weather on a cruise is awful! I also think rain on a beach vacation sucks!!!

Edited by cb at sea

In 37 days, the storm will be gone. If it affects any of your ports, they will re-route you. No worries! There's nothing you can do about it....but I do understand your anxiety. I think rainy weather on a cruise is awful! I also think rain on a beach vacation sucks!!!

Thanks not worried about this one but about future fronts.

My luck past cruise diversions have all been Nassau and Freeport. I will scream. I can't stand the Bahamas.....

So now that they have upgraded Danny to a hurricane and it's projected path is heading toward many of the ports RCI goes to, I am a bit anxious about my cruise in 37 days and hurricanes since two of my past cruises have been ruined by hurricanes.

Any one leaving this weekend and gotten any emails about itinerary changes?

Hopefully the storm will just fizzle.

If you are anxious and your past two cruises were ruined by hurricanes. Why on earth would you continue to book in hurricane season?

I have a cruise booked in September, but booked knowing my ports could be cancelled or my sailing further modified. I just figured... Screw it.. whatever happens happens. but if I was super worried , I would never add that kind of stress to something that is supposed to be a relaxing thing for me..

We leave Sunday for B2B on Independence. We sail every year at this time for our birthdays. Have been around several storms and high seas and it doesn't bother us. Always have a great time.

Rick and Deirdra

We are also sailing on Independence of the Seas on Sunday Aug 23 too.

I was a little concerned about Hurricane Danny, but just figured you can't control mother nature, get on the ship, and find a way to have good time, and I have a good Beverage Package so that helps, haha. I figure we might be rerouted or miss a port or something like that, I am ready for a much need vacation no matter what!!

-david

Once on the ship you're fine! :)

The big problem is if it hits your embarkation port which causes big problems getting to and/or returning from the cruise. :(

LuLu

Yikes!! Don't Jinx me LuLu!!! haha

We will see what happens

You might want to define "ruined". We always cruise in the fall and for us, the only thing that would ruin the cruise is if it were canceled. I think for the most part, if the departure port is open, the ship will sail. Now, once underway, the ports may change, but that really doesn't ruin it for us (it may for you, and I understand that and make no judgments!)

For us, the cruise, wherever it takes us, is the vacation. Yes, we enjoy the ports, but sometimes we skip them just to stay aboard and enjoy a less crowded ship. We can be just as happy stopping in an alternate port, or even missing one or two. As long as the captain keeps us out of the storm, we are happy.

You might want to define "ruined". We always cruise in the fall and for us, the only thing that would ruin the cruise is if it were canceled. I think for the most part, if the departure port is open, the ship will sail. Now, once underway, the ports may change, but that really doesn't ruin it for us (it may for you, and I understand that and make no judgments!)

For us, the cruise, wherever it takes us, is the vacation. Yes, we enjoy the ports, but sometimes we skip them just to stay aboard and enjoy a less crowded ship. We can be just as happy stopping in an alternate port, or even missing one or two. As long as the captain keeps us out of the storm, we are happy.

Your attitude is spot on for anyone that books a Cruise this time of year. It's their choice and the chance they take when booking the Cruise. Enjoy your upcoming Cruise.

Edited by davekathy