Allure of Seas Boardwalk Balcony

We stayed on Deck 14 to avoid the noise from Rita's Cantina (which has since been replaced). The only accessible rooms available were toward the back of the boardwalk, and we still had decent views.

Yes, we could see the water behind the aqua theater at the back of the ship from our balcony.

The views of the Aqua Theater were great. We had better views of the high dives, trapeze work, etc. than the night we sat in the theater. In the theater, we had better views of the activity in the pool.

You can also see and hear the movies on the big screens from your balcony. We watched Grease and Shrek from the balcony.

Edited by Dinkachu

Had room 11327 a few years back, was amazing.

be weary of the last room/s on deck 14, as they are under the overhang.

Royal ruined these ships by converting what was once public space on deck 11,12,14, huge "hidden balconies", into more suites.

depending how far into the middle of the ship you are, the view gets less and less. the cost gets less and less too.

I am so excited to have booked the last four aft Boardwalk balcony cabins on deck 9 on the Harmony...Can't wait for these views and to surprise the family with this cruise in 2017.

We will have a different view with Harmony B1 cabins. Your view will now include the Abyss slide. The slide designs presented here indicate that the view of aqua theatre shows will now be be obstructed on Harmony.

We will know more once the slides are actually installed.

We will have a different view with Harmony B1 cabins. Your view will now include the Abyss slide. The slide designs presented here indicate that the view of aqua theatre shows will now be be obstructed on Harmony.

We will know more once the slides are actually installed.

"WHAT":eek: Where can I see these designs...if true I'm not happy !!!:mad:

Just looked at as many (future) pics from HOS that I can find and still don't see what your talking about...Where did you find out this info ?

Edited by Ashland

I recommend following this thread to keep up on Harmony construction.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=47489278

The abyss slide drops from deck 16 above the aqua theatre and then curls toward the front of the ship toward the B1 rooms. The slide appears to end in the middle of the boardwalk (where the bar is on Oasis/Allure).

You will be looking a very large curly Q tube. Sorry for the bad news

"]Using all the renderings, my partner and I attempted to come up with something that gives an idea of what the rendering may look like without that darn Top Secret sticker! [/color][/size]:D

a98c709d3a4b3efc2635573a595d5f15.jpg

57dd07017be209c929a52276b0fbc763.jpgd9d7c0412d683442fbe9a7d2bee054bc.jpg9ae9e6f4c31d39b7b1ef77a0f2e77460.jpg

We stayed on Deck 14 to avoid the noise from Rita's Cantina (which has since been replaced). The only accessible rooms available were toward the back of the boardwalk, and we still had decent views.

Yes, we could see the water behind the aqua theater at the back of the ship from our balcony.

The views of the Aqua Theater were great. We had better views of the high dives, trapeze work, etc. than the night we sat in the theater. In the theater, we had better views of the activity in the pool.

You can also see and hear the movies on the big screens from your balcony. We watched Grease and Shrek from the balcony.

I was just on this ship on the TA in April and Rita's was there. With what has it been replaced? Thanks!

BTW, I had a boardwalk balcony and there was some noise at night, so if you detest that it may not be the best location for you.

I was just on this ship on the TA in April and Rita's was there. With what has it been replaced? Thanks!

BTW, I had a boardwalk balcony and there was some noise at night, so if you detest that it may not be the best location for you.

Rita's was replaced during dry dock with SABORS. Sabors is supposed to be higher quality Mexican fare. There is no Fiesta party anymore, and you pay a la carte instead of a set fee.

We really had no noise on deck 14 of Boardwalk, if you shut the balcony doors.

Will never book a boardwalk balcony again the noise was awful.

Hi. Can you be more specific?

1. What cabin did you have?
  2. What time of day was the noise an issue?
  3. Was noise an issue with balcony door closed, open or both?
  4. What kind of noise caused the problems? (i.e. shows, pool deck above, restaurants / boardwalk activity below, etc)

Thanks for any input you can give.

We are looking for a similar cabin, being on deck 10, was it good for "people watching" or is 10 too high?? I would like an Ocean balcony, but my wife thinks this would be more interesting as at night it is just pitch dark looking at only the water.

I recommend following this thread to keep up on Harmony construction.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=47489278

The abyss slide drops from deck 16 above the aqua theatre and then curls toward the front of the ship toward the B1 rooms. The slide appears to end in the middle of the boardwalk (where the bar is on Oasis/Allure).

You will be looking a very large curly Q tube. Sorry for the bad news

"]Using all the renderings, my partner and I attempted to come up with something that gives an idea of what the rendering may look like without that darn Top Secret sticker! [/color][/size]:D

a98c709d3a4b3efc2635573a595d5f15.jpg

57dd07017be209c929a52276b0fbc763.jpgd9d7c0412d683442fbe9a7d2bee054bc.jpg9ae9e6f4c31d39b7b1ef77a0f2e77460.jpg

What is it (Abyss) going to drop in to ? I'm so upset !!!! Any difference to change to the port side B1 cabins if I can get them ?

Had room 11327 a few years back, was amazing.

be weary of the last room/s on deck 14, as they are under the overhang.

Royal ruined these ships by converting what was once public space on deck 11,12,14, huge "hidden balconies", into more suites.

depending how far into the middle of the ship you are, the view gets less and less. the cost gets less and less too.

Didn't ruin them for 6 couples. :D

What is it (Abyss) going to drop in to ? I'm so upset !!!! Any difference to change to the port side B1 cabins if I can get them ?

No one really knows yet, but I imagine it's going to affect both sides to some degree. Hopefully some of it will be acrylic so you can see into it

The picture is deceiving as you are viewing the ship on an angle making it appear that the Abyss is more to the starboard side. I think that it is actually mor in the centre of the boardwalk as opposed to being on one side.

It does not have to drop into anything as it is a dry slide and not a water slide.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

The picture is deceiving as you are viewing the ship on an angle making it appear that the Abyss is more to the starboard side. I think that it is actually mor in the centre of the boardwalk as opposed to being on one side.

It does not have to drop into anything as it is a dry slide and not a water slide.

Thanks so much for your input.

Will never book a boardwalk balcony again the noise was awful.

Agree. If you do not stay up very late- and are bothered by noise- not a good fit! We would pick Central Park for a budget minded cabin vs. a Boardwalk view. We enjoy the quiet when we are in our cabin. The merry go round music is extremely annoying not to mention the other sounds from the aqua theatre and bell from the rock climbing wall.

Edited by Cruise a holic