Happy Hour on all ships?

bills blasters

I have only cruised one time on Princess, on the CB. We had a happy hour every afternoon in one of the bars. We are going to be on the Coral Princess in Feb. Wondering if all the Princess ships have happy hour or if it was just the CB. We really took advantage of the 2 for 1 drinks.

Thanks.

Claudia

Earlier this year we had the BOGO drink promotion on the Crown & Regal. Besides in the afternoon it was also available nightly from 11-midnight (Skywalkers & Club 6).

Recent posts say that it's no longer a BOGO promotion & but now buy 1 and get a 2nd drink for $1.

Edited by Astro Flyer

As far as I know-newbie cruiser-the Australian ships-Dawn, Sea, and Sun Princesses, and the Golden and Emerald Princesses when based in Australia, do not have the Happy Hour. I am sailing in November 2016, and will report back. I did see a Dawn Princess Patter with no mention of the Happy Hour IIRC.

For some weird reason I actually looked through the in cabin coupon book last time and was surprised to find a BOGO coupon for Skywalker's from 10:00 PM - 11:00 PM. I used it one night shortly before 11:00 and then used the "regular" BOGO just after 11:00.

(No, I didn't drink 4 drinks. I had straight Bulleit bourbon and put all 4 drinks in one glass, took them to my cabin, put the glass on the shelf, and went to bed. I did, however, enjoy the 4 drinks during the next day. :))

Edited by Thrak

For some weird reason I actually looked through the in cabin coupon book last time and was surprised to find a BOGO coupon for Skywalker's from 10:00 PM - 11:00 PM. I used it one night shortly before 11:00 and then used the "regular" BOGO just after 11:00.

(No, I didn't drink 4 drinks. I had straight Bulleit bourbon and put all 4 drinks in one glass, took them to my cabin, put the glass on the shelf, and went to bed. I did, however, enjoy the 4 drinks during the next day. :))

I read your posts in the past regarding this and wondered about the 10:00 - 11:00 PM BOGO time in Skywalkers as I was under the impression (memory?) that the BOGO was from 11-12pm. I have many Princess cruises under my belt but never recall receiving a coupon book in my cabin. My question to you, and all other cruisers, are these coupon books always in the cabins or just something offered on occasion?

Edited by iceleven

I read your posts in the past regarding this and wondered about the 10:00 - 11:00 PM BOGO time in Skywalkers as I was under the impression (memory?) that the BOGO was from 11-12pm. I have many Princess cruises under my belt but never recall receiving a coupon book in my cabin. My question to you, and all other cruisers, are these coupon books always in the cabins or just something offered on occasion?

I seem to always have a coupon book in my cabin but this was the first time I ever found anything in it of use to me.

We had two coupon books last month on the regal and also in January. And Yes, they both had the coupon for the two for one.

I like your "think ahead' version, Thrak. And agree the coupons are useless...unless you want to shop onboard. Or overpay for spa services.

We had two coupon books last month on the regal and also in January. And Yes, they both had the coupon for the two for one.

I like your "think ahead' version, Thrak. And agree the coupons are useless...unless you want to shop onboard. Or overpay for spa services.

Our 50th anniversary booklet on the Regal in April had BOGO wine in the theater and a free half bottle (375 ml) bottle of wine at a specialty restaurant coupons.

There are two coupon books.

One everyone gets. It will either be in your cabin or given to you at check-in or handed to you as you board the ship. The treasure hunt on embarkation day is part of that book. It is labeled "Passport To Value."

The other is one tied to Travel Agency promotions although it is Princess that supplies the books. It has less coupons than the one everybody gets. ("enjoy up to $325 in savings")

As far as the usefulness of the books, it depends on which piece of furniture needs a leg propped up to make it stable. The Passport To Value book, being thicker, can raise a leg higher.

(Sample coupons below):

o Save 15% on your tax- and duty-free purchase of $250 or more in fragrances and cosmetics.

o Save an extra 15% when you buy 3 boxes of Princess chocolates.

o Save an extra 10% on any Marahlago Larimar purchase of $250 or more.

o Save $10 at an Art Auction on any frame purchase on your cruise.

o $5 off Maitre d' Wine Club seminar fee

There are two coupon books.

One everyone gets. It will either be in your cabin or given to you at check-in or handed to you as you board the ship. The treasure hunt on embarkation day is part of that book. It is labeled "Passport To Value."

The other is one tied to Travel Agency promotions although it is Princess that supplies the books. It has less coupons than the one everybody gets. ("enjoy up to $325 in savings")

As far as the usefulness of the books, it depends on which piece of furniture needs a leg propped up to make it stable. The Passport To Value book, being thicker, can raise a leg higher.

(Sample coupons below):

o Save 15% on your tax- and duty-free purchase of $250 or more in fragrances and cosmetics.

o Save an extra 15% when you buy 3 boxes of Princess chocolates.

o Save an extra 10% on any Marahlago Larimar purchase of $250 or more.

o Save $10 at an Art Auction on any frame purchase on your cruise.

o $5 off Maitre d' Wine Club seminar fee

Please what is Marahlago Larimar? I've personally never heard the name before, and am curious.

The Princess chocolates purchase, is that the 14-piece Godiva boxes or the tins available on certain ships?

Please what is Marahlago Larimar? I've personally never heard the name before, and am curious.

It's jewelry containing a light blue Larimar (blue pectolite) stone.

"Larimar is found on a one square kilometer mountaintop in the Dominican Republic. Acquiring this gem is difficult due to Mother Nature and the local terrain".

http://www.diamondsinternational.com/designers/marahlago-larimar.html

Edited by Astro Flyer

My wife doesn't need the website because on many cruises she finds additional items on the ship to add to her collection of Marahlago. ;)

Pre planning onboard purchases means you spend less time standing next to her approving of each piece. Hence more time at the bar/pool. :D

And you can pre plan paying it all off. :p