Should you buy the drinking package?

readytogoalready

If you drink 6 to 7 alcoholic drinks per day, even on port days, than you will break even. If you typically drink less than that then it's probably better to skip the package. You both need to buy the package for every day of the cruise and there is a 15 drink per day limit.

Hi,

What Sparks says is absolutely right, also cruise lines have several different types of drinks packages from ones that include all types of drinks, soft drinks, alcohol and hot beverages to just soft drinks and different ones in between.

i would suggest that you check out the different types of packages on the cruise line you will be sailing on, they are on their web sites.

Something to consider is that if you have a drinks package and you fancy a drink that is at the more expensive end of what is covered by it you can have it instead of thinking that's a bit expensive I'll not bother.

Pete

All depends on how much you drink. I'm going with my sister and niece on a family cruise this week and we decided against the drinking package, even the soda one. The "per day" kills it for me. They're better off just having a fixed price, one with non-alcoholic beverages and the other with.

If this is your 1st cruise, I'm guessing this since you have so few posts, I would say don't buy one. Get your own baseline of expenditures and they you'll have a point of comparison. We personally don't buy them since we tend to buy wine by the bottle. In our case, multi bottle discounts trump packages.