Eurodam vibration

shopperwhite

Reading reviews from cruise critic members. A lot of people complaining about vibrations throughout the ship. Very concerned about booking now. It says on the h.a. Website that Rotterdam deck may have vibrations. If it is through the ship then no different which deck we book? any info would be appreciated.

Reading reviews from cruise critic members. A lot of people complaining about vibrations throughout the ship. Very concerned about booking now. It says on the h.a. Website that Rotterdam deck may have vibrations. If it is through the ship then no different which deck we book? any info would be appreciated.

I was on the Eurodam in April of this year and never noticed any unusual vibrations...maybe some people are more sensitive to this. Book and have a great time, wonderful ship!

We had some vibration on the Eurodam, I can't remember what deck but we had a cabin under the pooldeck, there is a problem I remember reading about it on cruise critic. It is a structural problem, I will not sail Eurodam again.

We sailed on the Eurodam for 14 days last Nov/Dec never any problems. We were on Deck 4 outside midship - LOVED it so much - we booked it again for this fall in the same cabin.

Hoping this isn't a new problem and why the Eurodam is going into drydock right after we disembark????:eek:

Thank you for your responses. We are looking at an inside room.

There are many insides available but don't want to chance a guarantee room.

Do you think toward back or towards front would be better? Thank you.

When we cruised the Eurodam in June we noticed quite a lot of vibration during the cruise - the worst was in the bow during one nightly performance of the pianist who almost couldn't be heard because of the noise and the ship shook as if in heavy seas.

We quite liked the Eurodam and would not hesitate to book again but I'd advise to book a midship cabin because then the vibration was much less noticeable.

We've noticed vibration, some very minor, some more so, on every HAL ship we have been on.

It doesn't bother us in the least because we are on a ship, not a land based hotel or at home. We consider vibration the same as movement. Noise, of course, is something else again, but ships are ships.

As noted, some people are more sensitive than others. Each person has to decide if cruising is for them: these issues are inherent in ships to some degree.

That said, the vibration on the Zaandam on one of many cruises was a sight to see. The ceiling panels in the Crow's Nest were falling down one day. They had the engineers up there figuring out what to do to keep them up. They fixed that, but not the vibration.

Edited by SilvertoGold

We were on the Eurodam this past April/May in a midship cabin right next to the outside elevator. Never had any problems with vibration. As others have mentioned, the only place on the ship where we experienced the vibration was in the Tamarind. I really think it had to do with the location of the table (corner table on left side). Other than this one issue we loved the Eurodam and would not hesitate to sail her again.

Helen

Can't think of a single ship I have been on that did not have vibrations. Too bad they no longer allow anyone to visit the engine rooms. The behind the scene picture of what actually pushes these things through the water and run their systems day and night is awesome.

Trying to make a ship look like a hotel resort upstairs can not take away from the fact it is a very large industrial plant with many moving parts ..... that moves. And keeps moving under all sorts of sea conditions which can be awesome in their own right too.

I agree. Having done two engine room tours (43 degrees celsius - yikes) I am astounded that these ships do not have a lot more noise and vibration.

I might be a good idea for HAL to video a behind the scenes tour of the engine room and all the prep areas and conduct a new-passenger orientation program so one can learn what to expect being on a large ship. And experienced passengers could also attend because it remains a fascinating operation and there are always new things to learn about its operation. What happens to the garbage. What is the laundry operation like. What do stabilizers actually do, when do they get deployed, what do they sound and feel like. Why can't we go to port in the tender when the sea surface looks so calm?

Yes, ships have to continually paint exposed surfaces, which can happen right next to one's cabin causing the fumes to invade one's outdoor enjoyment. Yes, ships have smells to greater or lesser degrees depending upon all sorts of factors out of their control .

New passengers need to understand what happen in detail when they put the wrong things down the toilets or leave their balcony doors open at night. There is no way a passenger can know everything ahead of time and those little things matter a lot not only to their own comfort but to the 1000 or so other passengers they are now sharing this enclosed and self-sustaings space with.

There is so much they can now do with animation to get all the key points covered and be entertaining too.

Edited by OlsSalt

Spent 19 days of the Eurodam in August. There was some vibration, but it seemed to be random. Never really an issue. Main deck cabin, 1116, was fine. No vibration, but some noise from the dining room above. Large, square cabin. Would I book it again? Yes.

Is there a problem with getting a room above the theatre on the Eurodam? We are sailing on September 24th' date=' New York to Quebec.[/quote']

I don't see any problem with this unless you go to bed really early. The shows are over by 11pm and there are no early morning activities there.

BTW, we were on the Eurodam for 11 days in July. I didn't notice any vibrations anywhere on the ship. In fact, this was one of the smoothest sailings I've ever been on.

I like to feel that I am at sea to some extent - sailed one of the mega ships 3 year's ago = other than looking out our balcony couldn't even tell we were moving. I missed the feel of being on the water - not much motion but a little something just to KNOW you are on a CRUISE ya know.

OlsSALT - I aspire to your five star Mariner Status - IMPRESSIVE!!!

OlsSALT - I aspire to your five star Mariner Status - IMPRESSIVE!!!

Actually the really impressive cruisers are the ones who get the medallions for a actual days at sea - 100 - 300 - etc. Star status is just the combination of days plus money spent on things like shore excursions, double credits for suites, etc.

One cruise where we were so close to 4-star, we decided to load up on shore excursions and a suite intentionally, so we could top if off to get to 4-star by the end of that cruise so we would have it for our next planned cruise which was going a really long 52 day one .......so we could get "free" laundry!.

A free $20 bag of laundry for the zillions extras spent on shore excursions and a suite. Don't even try to do the math because it won't work. But somehow the jump up to 5-star just happened because the more we cruised the more we found ourselves loving the longer cruises.

Best thing about 5-star is you get all those wonderful cruises, one at a time to get there. So the fun works both ways. What it took to get there and what you get to enjoy once you arrive. Particularly the $20 bags of "free" laundry. :cool:

Can't think of a single ship I have been on that did not have vibrations. Too bad they no longer allow anyone to visit the engine rooms. The behind the scene picture of what actually pushes these things through the water and run their systems day and night is awesome.

Trying to make a ship look like a hotel resort upstairs can not take away from the fact it is a very large industrial plant with many moving parts ..... that moves. And keeps moving under all sorts of sea conditions which can be awesome in their own right too.

In the old day's it was so interesting to be able to visit the engine room and see what goes on below sea level.

Always, LOVED the bridge tour's too

Actually the really impressive cruisers are the ones who get the medallions for a actual days at sea - 100 - 300 - etc. Star status is just the combination of days plus money spent on things like shore excursions, double credits for suites, etc.

One cruise where we were so close to 4-star, we decided to load up on shore excursions and a suite intentionally, so we could top if off to get to 4-star by the end of that cruise so we would have it for our next planned cruise which was going a really long 52 day one .......so we could get "free" laundry!.

A free $20 bag of laundry for the zillions extras spent on shore excursions and a suite. Don't even try to do the math because it won't work. But somehow the jump up to 5-star just happened because the more we cruised the more we found ourselves loving the longer cruises.

Best thing about 5-star is you get all those wonderful cruises, one at a time to get there. So the fun works both ways. What it took to get there and what you get to enjoy once you arrive. Particularly the $20 bags of "free" laundry. :cool:

My DH retired last year so we started doing the B2B's yet I haven't talked him into anything longer than 15 days so far. He loves cruising, however, then he feels the need to get back home to our furry kids and such. Not me I could go for a couple months easily :-)

You gave me a good idea I hadn't thought of topping off a trip to reach to the next level - HUM we are going to be within 10-12 credit's of our 4th star after our upcoming 15 day Eurodam. WISH they gave credit for future cruise booking's :-)

I AM SO looking forward to free laundry and pressing service!

Edited by hugger

You gave me a good idea I hadn't thought of topping off a trip to reach to the next level - HUM we are going to be within 10-12 credit's of our 4th star after our upcoming 15 day Eurodam. WISH they gave credit for future cruise booking's :-)

I AM SO looking forward to free laundry and pressing service!

I believe you get one more mariner credit for every $300 you spend on board. Shore excursions are certainly one way to get these along with the Neptune suite, but I think spa treatments and the hydro pool adds to this credit as well - better check for sure.

Let's see - dinner in the Pinnacle, lunch too. No one said this would be calorie free sacrifice, right? Gifts for the grandkids from the HAL shops. Tropa-mango mojitos at every sail away. You can do it! And then you to can enjoy your $20 bag of "free laundry". Like I say, don't even try to do the math. :confused:

(Ugh. $300 of cruise credit equals 15 bags of $20 laundry. Nope the math just does not work. It isn't "free" after all. Who knew. But a $20 bag of laundry does not taste like a Tropa-mango-mojito either.)

Edited by OlsSalt