Newbie here! Norwegian bound October 2015

mbmwilson

Hi everyone!

My husband, daughter (16) and I are cruising for our very 1st time in October. Cruising on Norwegians Getaway ship. We are soooooo excited.

We are kind of nervous though too because we haven't done this before and don't know quite what to expect.....tips and tricks, etc.

Any newbie advice would be so appreciated! Thanks!

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

You can ask questions about NCL at this link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=107

You may want to join your Roll Call and see what others are doing -- at this link just scroll down until you find the date of your cruise:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=829

Hope you are flying in a day early -- airlines are getting worse with their schedules.

Welcome to Cruise Critic and the addictive world of cruising!

Tips? Hmmm...

1) Don't miss the ship! Be sure to have a watch and set it to ship's time (normally the time zone at the home port) and be sure you know what time the ship departs each port. Some will change ship time to port time, most do not. Just be sure you know what your ship does.

2) Don't pack your boarding pass(es) in your checked luggage! You will give your checked luggage to the porters outside the terminal and will not see it again until later in the afternoon or early evening. Pack your boarding passes in your carry on. It would also be good to pack any electronic devices, medicines, and anything you may need before your luggage arrives at your stateroom in your carry on. You may also want to print an extra copy of your boarding pass and put one in each piece of checked luggage. That way, if the luggage tag gets separated from your luggage, they will still be able to deliver it to the proper cabin.

3) A cruise is what you make it. Don't over inflate your expectations. As a previous poster said, relax and enjoy the most relaxing and fun vacation you have had! :D

Hi everyone!

My husband, daughter (16) and I are cruising for our very 1st time in October. Cruising on Norwegians Getaway ship. We are soooooo excited.

We are kind of nervous though too because we haven't done this before and don't know quite what to expect.....tips and tricks, etc.

Any newbie advice would be so appreciated! Thanks!

Which cruise? The Halloween one?

Almost all food items are free unless its a specialty restaurant. Don't be afraid to ask. Order anything you want off the menu, as much as you want...... Many people don't realize that you can order 3 lobster diners if you wanted.

And book your shows ahead of time. You may have trouble getting a show you would like to see if you wait till your onboard. If you book it ahead of time and decide not to go its no big deal.

Enjoy. NCL is a great cruise line.

Almost all food items are free unless its a specialty restaurant. Don't be afraid to ask. Order anything you want off the menu, as much as you want...... Many people don't realize that you can order 3 lobster diners if you wanted.

And book your shows ahead of time. You may have trouble getting a show you would like to see if you wait till your onboard. If you book it ahead of time and decide not to go its no big deal.

Enjoy. NCL is a great cruise line.

Three lobster dinners? Only a specialty restaurant would have lobster and extra entrees there are $10 each. In fact, any lobster is usually an upcharge of $10.

Three lobster dinners? Only a specialty restaurant would have lobster and extra entrees there are $10 each. In fact, any lobster is usually an upcharge of $10.

I realize this is specifically Norwegian being discussed, but this is a forum for newbies.

So...

Not on Princess. As much as you want in the specialty restaurants...lobster included.

I realize this is specifically Norwegian being discussed, but this is a forum for newbies.

So...

Not on Princess. As much as you want in the specialty restaurants...lobster included.

However, you were giving advice to the OP who is cruising on NCL. I'd hate for OP, or any NCL cruiser, to think they can get three servings of lobster when none in MDR will be available. Since op was about NCL and you were discussing Princess, would have been better to say so.