PRIDE 8/28-9/18/05: 18 day London/NYC

aaannnthony

Booked it last night.....I know a few others are booked from Martha B's thread "Pride & Legend transatlantic fall crossings".

Martha, I'm opening a seperate thread for the 2005 Pride combo sailing only to avoid mixing up who's on the 2004 Pride & Legend sailings versus those on the 2005 sailings.....I hope you agree with my rationale. We'll be celebrating our 35th on the 16th, the formal night, even though it's really the 19th, after we go home!!

• 1 month later...

Welcome home! Almost a month? How was the Princess Line? Now our Cunard is associated with them.

The Pride "3 Day Gilligan's Island Tour" next Sept. is a SELL OUT! We had THE most grand time this year! JB and I were a tad tired from the 18 day Crossing, but we managed to close the Club down 2 nights in a row! We loved anchoring by the Statue of Liberty late one afternoon and here SHE comes........... the HUGE Queen Mary2 RIGHT at us! I was on the Port side so I hung on my French Balcony and waved my Irish flag! I had good friends on the Mary and they were hollering at me.......of course, I couldn't hear them, but I certainly saw ALL the flash bulbs going off! They were taking pictures of us.......their 'lit Baby Sister! I'll never forget it! Very moving!

Happy you're back (where you belong!) Welcome!

Martita B.

McBoo~~~~Call tomorrow and book! This is a "charming" 'lit spin around Long Island and then up the Hudson and back down!

How I did laugh when I arrived in the American Airlines Club at La Guardia on Sept. 19th and I was visiting with Nick, the Bartender. I had my Seabourn Pride tote bag and he ask me if I had been on the "little ship?" I said "YES".....and he said that they ALL went to the windows of the Club and watched us as we were "slowly sailing right in front of them!" I told him all about the "3 Day" and HE's going to surprise his wife and book it TOO!

I declare!

Call tomorrow McBoo

Later......

Miss Martita B.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey friend Adolfo! YES, I agree with you that it's worth it!!!! This will be our third together! What great fun we've had on the Gilligan's Island Tour!"

I had very good news yesterday........two of my favorite folks BOOKED the 3 Day........soooo I'm thrilled!

Martita B.

James~~~~Holiday Greetings to you! And yes, what a "good time was had by all" on the Pride 3 Day Tour! I would like to tell you that you were the MOST handsome fellow on board formal night! Your tuxedo was absolutely stunning and so different! Have you worn your "items" that you received at the "gift exchange?"

I am crushed that you will not be on our 2005 Pride Transatlantic Cross....aren't you booked on another ship sailing? You do need to reconsider as this Crossing will be "the cat's pajama's!" Our 2006 Crossing gala will be alot of fun also....it's theme is: "Tickled Pink!" I already have the invitations! Everybody will be wearing pink........only pink carnations for the Officers! But we'll all be tickled!

Again, "Feliz Navidad" to you and yours!

Your Amigo, Miss Martita

boatman~~~~YOU must have been there! Yes, you are correct! While some of us were having our nightcaps in the Club, A.B., E.G. and James went up to the Constellation Lounge and smoked Cubans cigars!

BUT, James did look like the dashing Renaissance man, he is!

What a fun evening we had!

MB

Thanks!!! You will all see the same tux again next year, I am sure! Its my favorite! Everyone looked smashing on formal night! I've placed my Texas necklace with boots on my Christmas tree, its a crowd pleaser!

As for the cigar, I now bring a nice Davidoff on all my cruises!

Happy Holidays to you all!

James

• 3 weeks later...

I know it's still early, but, how big is our little group?

I just reviewed the posts, and, it looks like, for the b-2-b:

. Martita B (a/k/a as Martha B.)

. Jane Pond

. Littleladyhalsey

. Fran & Anthony.....that's us.

Also, Avalon for the 3 day NY Waterways.

To all above, are you sailing alone, or with your travelling "buddy"?

I'll post a scoreboard after receiving needed information.

Martita, post the names of those you apparently know are sailing, but, have not yet posted to this thread. Thanks!

Lastly, it's early, but, Happy New Year to all!

I will be 'alone' if traveling on Seaboun can be considered that, and I am bringing my Brother and SIL for their first taste of crusing. For their Christmas 'present' I made up little bags with all sorts of Seabourn goodies, and had the Purser's office make up two place cards as well. They are psyched!

Jane in PHL

• 1 month later...

Archived